Sports Interactive Community
Sourav B

need some clarification

These are some of the screens on purpose. according to the rule goal difference comes into place when points and results between each other becomes equal, so how did Barca win the league here? So is that 'goal difference' between those teams themselves not the league as a whole?

Thanks in advance..

La Liga Santander_ Overview Rules.png

La Liga Santander_ Overview Stages-4.png

La Liga Santander_ Overview Stages-3.png

La Liga Santander_ Overview Stages-2.png

I think you have to create a "micro-league" between the teams ended with same points.  If both had the record of 1W and 1L, here it comes the goal difference.

If I haven't misunderstood your screenshots, it seems to me Barcelona won 1 game 4-1 and lost the retour match 4-6. Barcelona GD of this "micro league" is +1 (8 GF, 7 GA), while the GD of Real Madrid is -1 (7 GF, 8 GA).

My understanding is that when 2 teams have the same number of points, the head to head results are the first tie breaker and then the goal difference and total goals scored in those head to head matches are used as the next tie break.

13 hours ago, Federico said:

I think you have to create a "micro-league" between the teams ended with same points.  If both had the record of 1W and 1L, here it comes the goal difference.

If I haven't misunderstood your screenshots, it seems to me Barcelona won 1 game 4-1 and lost the retour match 4-6. Barcelona GD of this "micro league" is +1 (8 GF, 7 GA), while the GD of Real Madrid is -1 (7 GF, 8 GA).

3 hours ago, FrazT said:

My understanding is that when 2 teams have the same number of points, the head to head results are the first tie breaker and then the goal difference and total goals scored in those head to head matches are used as the next tie break.

Yep, thanks to you 2, thats where the confusion was. And the game should mention that in the rule section that goal diff is between 2 teams going head to head instead of the league as a whole.

6 hours ago, Sourav B said:

Yep, thanks to you 2, thats where the confusion was. And the game should mention that in the rule section that goal diff is between 2 teams going head to head instead of the league as a whole.

This is already implied in the "Results between teams"-rule, though. Goal difference between the teams is also part of that rule.

Koennn is correct here, The goal difference rule did not even come into the equation in this case. Unless the result between teams were both a draw, then goal difference rule will come in.