Does anybody know if Goalkeeper match ratings are now irrelevant on FM20? I can't remember seeing any goalkeeper get either a particularly good or bad rating just a lot of 6.7 or 6.8 ratings even if they've made 10 great saves. You would expect them to get a POTM award but they never do because their rating is so low. When you go into the detailed player stats there is no option to see goalkeepers ratings there either, just outfield players ratings. I understand you can see their stats in terms of clean sheets, saves made, pass completion etc but it seems really strange to me that they don't receive ratings because the sweeper keeper goalkeeper is almost like an extra outfield player at times and can provide key passes and assists as well as key saves. I hope this gets rectified as soon as possible because personally I think it ruins the realism and immersion of the game. I'd be interested to know other people's experiences of this? 

GK ratings has been an issue for several versions now and you are correct that they do need some tuning for better accuracy.

• 3 months later...

I was going to start a thread on this but just thought I'd post in here. This issue is really frustrating. Nearly every national team report my keepers will have a bad review, saying they were disappointing etc. It seems any rating under a 7 and the player gets a bad review. Hopefully SI fix this for FM21. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

My keeper made 8 blockbuster saves and saved 2 penalties in the 1st half alone. Rating was 7.5. Changed tactics and shored the backline up for the 2nd half and he didn't have a save to make, dropped down to 6.8. Won us the game but my striker who done next to nothing got a 7.1 rating. 

Keepers in 20 are a joke.

5 hours ago, frank_olaf said:

As keeper ratings aren't very useful, what is the best way to judge a keepers performance? Which stats should I look at?

Depends what you want. Shot stopping, one on ones, and reflexes are kind of a big deal for most of the shots they'll face. If you want them to hold onto the ball once it's stopped, you want good handling. Aerial reach is helpful for stopping somewhat less common shots. Command of area is important, especially now with set pieces being so dangerous. Pair that with a high tendency to rush out and you have a decent sweeper keeper who bosses the penalty area like a champ. Ideally they'd have solid mentals, particularly decisions, anticipation, and concentration. These help the keeper know where he's supposed to be and what he's supposed to do at any given moment, and make decent decisions throughout the entirety of the match. Composure helps in one on one situations. Good acceleration/agility is helpful for rushing out and maneuvering. If you want him to launch counter attacks, you'll want him to have decent kicking or throwing, and good vision. Eccentricity helps with that a bit too, if you want yourself an attacking sweeper keeper, but that may often be riskier than it's worth. Fun, though. If you want your keeper involved in set pieces, I suggest you find one with excellent pace.