What would 20.000 seats costs me?

My new stadium at Gateshead was built for around 25 million Euro and had a a capacity of 17.000, then it´s capacity was increased to 33.000 for an unknown amount. The board had no further expansion options available and I checked the editor, it was already maxed at 33k.

I have decided to expand however by 20.000 seats, then I googled to have a rough idea on how much it would cost me but came up absolutely empty.

I know Chesterfield´s Proact Stadium with 10.000 seasts cost around 13 million to build but it gets exponentially more expensive as you add capacity, then there is the whole infrastructure to actually support the stadium like parking etc.

So, the question is simple, how much should I deduct from my finances for 20k seats?  I have set a preliminary allocation of 100 million for it which I don´t have, so it has to be a loan which will make it more expensive. Just really have no clue about how much it would cost me.

I suspect that few will be able to give you an exact figure.  Given that you are expanding the stadium by about 60%, presumably on the same footprint, then I imagine that it may cost virtually the same as a new build of the same capacity, but that is only a guess.

Do you have the fan base to fill it when expanded?

42 minutes ago, FrazT said:

I suspect that few will be able to give you an exact figure.  Given that you are expanding the stadium by about 60%, presumably on the same footprint, then I imagine that it may cost virtually the same as a new build of the same capacity, but that is only a guess.

Do you have the fan base to fill it when expanded?

While the extention to 33k was made I was moved to St. James Park which was filled every home game, that was long ago, I am now ranked one in Europe  ... so I think lots of plastics follow the green pastures. Remains to be seen, the 33k capacity has been filled every home game so I think it´s okay.

Googled a bit more and seems like 200 million is a low estimate, will have to make a loan if I can.

1 hour ago, Things Could Get Messi said:

My current stadium holds 52,500. We are having an expansion of 12,500 seats. The board have told me that the estimated cost is around £72m. Thankfully we have £350m in the bank so it's fine. 

Thanks a bunch for that info, have decided to deduct 150 million + 20 million in interests, can´t pay all at once. Already paid the first 35 million .... so it will be divided in 4 rates, one each year. Very helpful.

2 hours ago, AurioDK said:

Thanks a bunch for that info, have decided to deduct 150 million + 20 million in interests, can´t pay all at once. Already paid the first 35 million .... so it will be divided in 4 rates, one each year. Very helpful.

It just so happened that I requested a stadium expansion earlier today so it was fresh in my memory. Pleased to have helped.