Sports Interactive Community
BShepherd629

Game stuck loading a save

Whenever I try to load my save it freezes for a brief moment then the loading bar moves a little bit and then gets stuck and doesn't progress any further. I left it for over an hour and yet the loading bar made no progress.

None of my save files work it's all the same issue

Hi thanks for getting back to me. I think it's the 18.4 version (I assume it's the latest one as I've got it set to update to the latest version on Steam) and I haven't used any custom database or the editor in the saves I'm trying to load

Edited by BShepherd629

I have checked the tech info and there are no mentions of this type of issue there.  Start by checking that your antivirus is not screening the game in real time ( you can probably add the game and steam to the app's exclusions ) and turn off all background apps that are running while trying to load the save.

Ah okay thanks. I'll try that later. Also for some more info I sent my save to my brother and it worked for him, and any new games that I start and then save, load properly it's just all my old saves from before 23/03/2020

This would suggest that there is a conflict on your machine that is causing the issue, perhaps only with the older saves