3-4-3 Johan Cruyff help

Hi!

I am a huge fan of Johan Cruyff philosophy. I love the way that he used to think about the game and how he inspired a lot of managers included one of my favourites, Pep Guardiola. But here, the idea will be passed from Cruyff's tactical ideas. I have been searching for information, recently I read this article  "  https://www.thenationalstudent.com/Sport/2017-10-10/tactics_explained_johan_cruyff_at_ajax_and_barcelona.html " and watched this one  https://youtu.be/V5ltG4TV5ltG4Te48w

With this two, I got an idea of a tactic,

SGk (sp)

BCB.       BCB.          BCB

DLP (s)

AP(s).                  AP (s)

W(s).                  SS (a)                  W(s)

CF (a)

The idea is having possession, of course.

I did a experiment, just two or three games, with Leverkusen, and one of my first initial problems was about the defence, but I fixed when I defined a wide defence.

The instructions that I used initially were:

- Play out of the defence, standard passes and tempo, play into the box, a higher defence line, High line of engage, counter press and counter.

Was more or less this.

I didn't instruct them to close down more, because with the instruction "counter press" they do the type of press that I want, basically try get the ball back fast, and, if we can't, let's go back. But that idea is get back fast, because our tactic is a very offensive one, basically we just have 3 defensive players, but with a higher press, we will defend and try to get the possession back with all the players in a short space of pitch and fair from our goal.

I would like to know from you guys some advices for this idea.

Thank you all.

Love the idea. Every version I always try a true back 3.

- Play out of the defence, standard passes and tempo, play into the box, a higher defence line, High line of engage, counter press and counter.

I had to go shorter or much shorter passes otherwise my CBs would too often try risky pass. Shorter gave me a better mix while much shorter has so far constricted the flow too much. 

I didn't instruct them to close down more, because with the instruction "counter press" they do the type of press that I want, basically try get the ball back fast, and, if we can't, let's go back. But that idea is get back fast, because our tactic is a very offensive one, basically we just have 3 defensive players, but with a higher press, we will defend and try to get the possession back with all the players in a short space of pitch and fair from our goal.

Very nice, I have just had to dial closing down a little as it made the CBs commit to the ballside too much and leaving us open to a switch. Thread here has some of my tactics which aim for similar outcome. The first tactic I post is in really bad shape. I need to reload from my base formation as that one does no offense or defense. The second tactic is working on offense but can still be very risky defensively. Only deploy it against weaker teams or at home. 

One thing I have been playing around with is having a lower line of engagement for the attackers and a higher line for defenders so I can condense the amount of field we will contest. Have not had enough play time with it but so far so good.