How trainning schedules affects tactics

I am using this trainning schedules - 

and my tactic is the one in the image.

I suposed to dominated most matches but sometimes my players cant score goals, they miss clear chances in front of the goal and my wing back and winger  dont make crosses and when they make there is no one in position to receive the ball.

What am i doing wrong? 

tactic.png

2 hours ago, AzevedoVCD said:

tactic.png

The tactic itself looks good, but the problem may be wrong player selection relative to certain roles and duties. We don't know who are your players and who is played in which role. Or maybe your team is simply not good enough for this style of football. There a number of potential factors in play. 

On 23/03/2020 at 21:15, AzevedoVCD said:

and my tactic is the one in the image.

I suposed to dominated most matches but sometimes my players cant score goals, they miss clear chances in front of the goal and my wing back and winger  dont make crosses and when they make there is no one in position to receive the ball.

What am i doing wrong? 

tactic.png

Looking at your tactic I can see a few problem areas. First of all it’s great that you’ve watched games and noticed problems so let’s start with them:

Wing back & Winger don’t make crosses. Your wingback is set to support duty so it’s not always his initial thought to cross and although the Positive team mentality will help, he still won’t be playing that aggressively. Options - change to attack duty or add PI “cross more often”. For your Winger, he’s also on support duty and I’ve found that makes him too deep to be in a good crossing position, I would add the PI “get further forward” as you want him to track back and not have a crazy risky mentality

When they do cross there’s no one in box - that’s because there’s no one in the box. Simple as that. You have a F9 who plays outside the box most of the time then gets into the box later. You’re using a Mez as well who will drift out wide rather than get into the box. Right now only your IF-A will be in the box, really. I’d change your Mez to possibly a CM-A and think about using a Complete Forward rather than an F9. It’s not that the F9 doesn’t work or anything like that but you’re wanting crosses in the box and an F9 is rarely going to get on the end of them unless your winger and wing back were to cross from the byline (which currently they don’t) as this would give players more time to get into the box 

I also think a lot of your problems would be solved if you changed your mentality to attack. You have a lot of support and defend duties so a lot of those players are already playing less risky, on positive they’ll only be slightly more risky in their play. Using attacking will make sure your players look to score as well as keep possession 

Always remember - think about who you want scoring your goals and who will supply them, then look at those things during matches and see if they’re working and if not then why not. 

Hope this helps

Training only affects familiarity. Training mainly affects player attributes.  Either through permanent change or a temporary bonus which you can see in the training blocks.

Training more finishing doesn't mean the players will finish better, it only helps if the players attributes actual improve.  Attacking Preparation might help a bit to create better chances but this will not fix tactical or player issues.

20 minutes ago, Chip said:

Looking at your tactic I can see a few problem areas. First of all it’s great that you’ve watched games and noticed problems so let’s start with them:

Wing back & Winger don’t make crosses. Your wingback is set to support duty so it’s not always his initial thought to cross and although the Positive team mentality will help, he still won’t be playing that aggressively. Options - change to attack duty or add PI “cross more often”. For your Winger, he’s also on support duty and I’ve found that makes him too deep to be in a good crossing position, I would add the PI “get further forward” as you want him to track back and not have a crazy risky mentality

When they do cross there’s no one in box - that’s because there’s no one in the box. Simple as that. You have a F9 who plays outside the box most of the time then gets into the box later. You’re using a Mez as well who will drift out wide rather than get into the box. Right now only your IF-A will be in the box, really. I’d change your Mez to possibly a CM-A and think about using a Complete Forward rather than an F9. It’s not that the F9 doesn’t work or anything like that but you’re wanting crosses in the box and an F9 is rarely going to get on the end of them unless your winger and wing back were to cross from the byline (which currently they don’t) as this would give players more time to get into the box 

I also think a lot of your problems would be solved if you changed your mentality to attack. You have a lot of support and defend duties so a lot of those players are already playing less risky, on positive they’ll only be slightly more risky in their play. Using attacking will make sure your players look to score as well as keep possession 

Always remember - think about who you want scoring your goals and who will supply them, then look at those things during matches and see if they’re working and if not then why not. 

Hope this helps

Mr Chip I do not agree with anything you wrote.

I play an almost identical tactic , and my winger support is my assist king of the season, with 19.

the false nine is always in the box when the wide play is leading to a cross, he may well be out of the box when there is central attacking transitions.

the if a and f9 and mez(a) are the ones in the box when there are crosses, the mez arriving at last second  for a shot just inside the box.

so his tactic will work very well with the right players.

2 hours ago, big daddy said:

I play an almost identical tactic , and my winger support is my assist king of the season, with 19.

the false nine is always in the box when the wide play is leading to a cross, he may well be out of the box when there is central attacking transitions.

the if a and f9 and mez(a) are the ones in the box when there are crosses, the mez arriving at last second  for a shot just inside the box.

Really? You don't agree with anything?

Okay, so what mentality do you use? What team are you playing as?

I've only added me two cents based on the image provided - we can't see the players. If you don't agree with anything I said then you clearly don't understand how mentality works in the game because that is one part I said that I'm sure the most experienced players of the game will agree with.

Regardless, the tactic is quite conservative due to the lack of attack duties and the other slightly risky mentality. 

6 hours ago, big daddy said:

1 hour ago, Chip said:

Really? You don't agree with anything?

Okay, so what mentality do you use? What team are you playing as?

I've only added me two cents based on the image provided - we can't see the players. If you don't agree with anything I said then you clearly don't understand how mentality works in the game because that is one part I said that I'm sure the most experienced players of the game will agree with.

Regardless, the tactic is quite conservative due to the lack of attack duties and the other slightly risky mentality. 

@big daddy @Chip Guys, please keep strictly to the topic. Of course you can have different opinions and different tactical approaches, but there is no reason for any argument (quarrel) over your differences, because we are here to try and help the OP with some hopefully useful tactical advice, rather than arguing with one another.

Thank you.

On 30/03/2020 at 18:42, Experienced Defender said:

@big daddy @Chip Guys, please keep strictly to the topic. Of course you can have different opinions and different tactical approaches, but there is no reason for any argument (quarrel) over your differences, because we are here to try and help the OP with some hopefully useful tactical advice, rather than arguing with one another.

Thank you.

Sorry mate, daft of me to respond.

However still stand by my initial response and thoughts so OP if you’d like to take them on board, feel free and please let me know how you get on!