Sports Interactive Community
Scryypy

Mouse Flickering on macOS when using scaled display resolutions

When running Football Manager 20.4 on my iMac when the display is set to a scaled resolution, the cursor flickers (disappears and reappears very quickly) when moving or clicking the mouse.

The issue occurs in both fullscreen and windowed modes.

There is no other input device connected, and deleting the preferences and caches folders does not resolve the issue (this appeared on first boot of the game).

The only way I have found to get rid of the cursor flickering is to set the display back to default scaling, although I'd rather not have to do this every time I want to run the game.

Attached is a screenshot of the macOS display preferences, and a short video of the flickering cursor.

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 12.04.57 PM.png

Could you post your mac system info, please?

Unfortunately it may just be a hardware spec issue which means there may not be much we can do, but I'll take a look.

I've attached the system information below.

I've also noticed that the cursor doesn't flicker in some places. For example:

On the main menu, the cursor only flickers when hovering over menu items (the cursor is fine anywhere else on the screen)

Once a game is loaded the cursor doesn't flicker on the left side menu (Home, Inbox, Squad, etc.) or the top bar (Back/Forward buttons, search, etc.) but does flicker everywhere else.

iMac.spx.zip

I’m having the exact same issue also. 

Cursor stops flickering if monitor settings are changed to ‘Defualt for display’ but I hate this as everything is big.

Any help appreciated SI

@paulkk23 Can you attach your system information on here, please?

We will investigate this issue and will update you guys once we are in the position to do so.

PS: Apple has update the Mac OS today, we would suggest you to update your system and see if this is still an issue.

Let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

Any update on this? I've had the same issue for months and it's doing my head in. It's fine on my MacBook screen but as soon as I move the window to my external, the flickering starts.

Can I get you to create a new topic please with as much info as possible, including what troubleshooting methods you've already tried - it'll be easier for me to help you.

Apologies for the delay Stu, I'll reply now.