BJT – Pure Jose x2 4231 Versions / (Inter / Real) | now includes 4312 Diamond (FCP)

BJT – Pure Jose x2 4231 Versions / (Inter / Real) / FCP 4312 Diamond on Post Below

*Balanced Counter Inter Version – EPL / Bundesliga / Serie A Tested (use outside of Spain) - Role Revert

(Latest & Final Version 27.3.20 - implements a WB-D with IW-A)

**Attacking Tiki Taka Real Madrid Version – La Liga Designed and Tested

1723480014_rmtac.thumb.png.db9f5aa23e2231f4e18c086264806a26.png

Inter Version – uses a LWB-D and a IW-A (Chivu/Pandev)

Real Version – uses a LWB-S and an IW-A (Coentrao/C Ronaldo)

==

Following on from Sir Alex’s treble winning United and Pep’s treble winning Barca here I’ve saved the best and my favourite boss for last – Jose Mourinho.

He’s known for a lot of situational tinkering in game, so it’s difficult to create a generic system. But as I look to create Plug n Play systems that play football in a distinct way and to be successful with winning trophies, I’ve gone with the mindset of producing tactics that applies his key methods.

Inspiration

Mourinho completed a historic treble with Inter, probably his best ever achievement as a manager, playing the Italian way of real gladiatorial defending with the aim of going ahead and simply nullifying the opponents for the remainder.

And at Real Madrid, he broke the La Liga points record and goals scored in a single season going up against a Barcelona in their absolute prime, playing with much more style.

Here I’ve tried my best to create these styles in two systems.

Versions Briefing

Two versions have been made, to cater for the complete different style of football in La Liga that needs different requirements for trophy success.

Inter / Balanced – more conservative and smart Jose, based on counter-attacking at speed and having the ability to defend valiantly like his Inter side, but also further attempting to lure opposition that park the bus out of their defensive structure giving the team room to counter.

Real Madrid / Attacking – aggressive Jose as used at Real Madrid. The goal scoring machine system and higher intensity version looking to win games in style, counter-attacking with pace and counter-pressing to win the ball back high up the pitch.

What to use

Inter / Balanced – for sides with a slower back-line who are capable of defending more balls into the box with pace down the flanks to counter effectively. Use outside of La Liga,

FM classifies this system as Fluid Counter Attacking

Real Madrid / Attacking – for sides with a quick back-line and talented players that can play a tiki taka style and work hard as will need to counter-press.

FM classifies this system as Vertical Tiki Taka

Notes

After testing balanced in Spain, it is what prompted me to make the second version as it appears tiki taka style football is needed to succeed.

Spain seems to be a different league to the normal. Hence I also found my Barca tiki taka only viable in Spain from the major leagues.

So I’ve made the two versions. The balanced counter is highly durable and successful in leagues outside of Spain, and attacking tiki taka best used in Spain, or for any high quality outfit that has the ability to play this system.

If you go down to 10 men, use a DLF-S subbing the AP-S maintaining a back 4. I would also advise setting time wasting to frequently for say the last 5 minutes if trying to hold onto a lead / point given it is a balanced mentality.

I have also kept to the Inter positional structure in both systems, where the RWB is the offensive one in Maicon.

What You Need

-Make sure the right wing-back has the ability to cross and dribble, like one Maicon

-Pace down the offensive flanks, up top and a creative playmaker with great technique and vision for the quick fluid counter

-A back-line that can defend balls into the box, and capable of good teamwork and communication to play the offside trap when needed (Inter)

-A quick backline to play the high line, and capable of good teamwork and communication to play the offside trap (Real)

- A keeper with good distribution to launch counter attacks with good decision making as this needs to be done in the correct situations

OIs (Both Systems)

-By playing narrow and compact, force all opposing wide players feet towards the touchline is a must

Here are two really good clips of a Jose classic speedy counter, and a really well worked team goal  from the Inter Version:

Result

Jose is a serial trophy winner, succeeding wherever he goes. Yes he does need the quality players to succeed where the players need to be highly adept at taking their opportunities clinically whilst also coping with pressure from the opposition.

I tested the Inter version in the major leagues and including Spain as above. It didn’t work in Spain, but outside of La Liga it can win the EPL, Bundesliga and Serie A. It won’t break point records – but it gets the job done the Jose way.

The Real version I have just tested in Spain so far. It yielded the best results in terms of a trophy haul completing the treble by winning La Liga, the Copa Del Rey, and the ECL.

Additionally, it broke Jose’s 121 goal Real record scoring 125. It also broke his 100 points league record, with 102 points, and ended up with a +97 goal difference.

I may test with a different profile of a club the Inter version in due course, as this is the version I'd hope may work more universally.

Trophy Haul Breakdown

Inter Version

England (Liverpool) – EPL / ECL

Germany (Dortmund) – Bundesliga / DFB Pokal

Italy (Juventus) – Serie A

671094072_juveleague.thumb.png.d83e5e47ce2a70414f2c1d2499903eae.png649078280_bvbleauge.thumb.png.5afbdd7bd88f5def8c93e6af30b64af7.png923065901_lpoolleague.thumb.png.3366875f1e358e81cc45f7c959ad21d8.png

Real Version

Spain (Barcelona) – La Liga / Copa Del Rey / ECL

96134907_barcaleague.thumb.png.c295f888dc76a4d863dbfff01066fa3c.png2008445511_barcaecl.thumb.png.e9070c0be09c65d2b440932121b6e074.png

Observations

Inter Version

In the EPL, it considerably performed better away from home comparing rankings of other Premiership sides. The home record was good but was bettered by some other sides.

This indicates it’s definitely a more counter-based tactic by default and good for away games.

Use this version if you have not such a quick back-line.

Real Version

In contrast, this system performed really well both home and away. But due to the style of football, you will need the very best players to play this brand of football.

Just as Jose’s Real side that conquered Barca, it was extremely exciting to watch and only luck eluded them winning an ECL.

Use this version if you have a really talented squad.

==

They’re no game breakers of a system. But if you want to watch your sides defend valiantly like the treble winning Inter did, or to watching some tiki taka with scintillating quick breaks from deep like Jose’s Real, both systems will be an enjoyable one to play with and should hopefully perform well and bring you success wherever you go just like the special one.

bjt-4231-jm-rm.fmf

bjt-4231-jm-inter-fv.fmf

bjt-4312-20.fmf

Edited by BJT

Brighton / Leicester - Inter Version / Test Update

I've now undertaken a couple of Plug n Play tests with clubs at a different profile level to see whether it can work well with sides not expected to win the league or achieve an ecl spot.

Brighton - Objective was to avoid a relegation battle. We finished top half in 10th.

Leicester - Objective was to quality for the Euro Cup. We finished 4th grabbing an ECL spot.

I sold / bought in replacements so the squad had better depth and players to suit the system which undoubtedly would have helped slightly (Brighton - Benrahma / Leicester - Deulofeou. Nevertheless it looks to be consistent in exceeding expectations with varying levels of side expectations that have a degree of ability to play football.

brighton.thumb.png.fbd93097924fc82af75d7636668382ed.png

leic.thumb.png.9858d7487fa49f056bc7c986faab2f2f.png

Inter Version (Tweak Test) - Monza Serie C/A Winners w/record points

Following the slight change now updated on the main post, I gave this a test run at a lower standard level of football. It still plays the same way as the original, with the exception the Winger on the left was replaced by an Inverted Winger to bring about a more direct threat at goal in the mould of Sonnie.

The league record points was previously 78, but we achieved a record haul of 84 points and conceded just the 16 goals in 38 games. The more defensive nature of the system combined with teams less capable of finishing clinically has likely meant the counter-attacking strategy will work well at the lower levels too.

monza.thumb.png.36542b0bec4bc8b3945117e318a38fb3.png

Real Version Test - Liverpool / EPL, FA Cup, ECL Winners

Here, I just wanted to test whether this Tiki Taka high pressing style designed for La Liga could also work in the PL. Tightly contested in the league which we won, but we also won the FA Cup and ECL completing a real Treble. So like in Spain, it's taken home three trophies. We also broke the 100 goals mark as well whilst having the meanest defence.

poolc.thumb.png.d18c181213b1683a00a68fc2ab33e75b.pngpoola.thumb.png.903e72699a6f6cf22dcf195d5320d278.png

poolb.thumb.png.96725ea1c0af72d8716cdf662a0f2e57.png

1 hour ago, Aim_Less said:

Going to test Inter version really like that formation

Cool, please do let me know how it gets on. I've been trying to tweak this one here and there as I've still been trying to find a real balance for it. The Real version is a final one.

Final Tweak - Inter Version (Available on OP and below)

I've tweaked the system and this I believe should now be my final version. I have re-tested with Monza and Liverpool. The Liverpool results were the same with winning the EPL and ECL. However with Monza we were also able to win the Serie C cup, and ended up with 15 more points than the previous version now ending on a total of 99 points, scoring 80 and conceding just the 18.

This version should therefore bring a further degree of consistency, and of course continues to play football the counter-attacking Mourinho pragmatic way.

1441956740_monzat2.thumb.png.5161be49727c8f85b2c3ba88058ec735.png284355467_monzacup.thumb.png.646b9da160db8c16e8d6c7ed98423aa8.png

bjt-4231-jm-inter-fv.fmf

Thanks, look forward to hearing how it goes.

It's definitely been more tricky to setup as, especially as I'm not sure this engine is so receptive to a more negative game style. The Inter version naturally won't score so many goals as it is a counter-based system. However the tweak to how the side presses in midfield should hopefully result in more goals than the previous version, whilst maintaining solidity.

I'm trying both tactics in my Inter Milan save. I use Real Version when i'm predicted to win and Inter version in tough Champions League games and against Juve in Serie A. I'll let you know how it goes. I was also reading your klopp thread but i couldn't understand which is the final tactic cause i see two different versions attached

1 hour ago, gennamitico said:

I'm trying both tactics in my Inter Milan save. I use Real Version when i'm predicted to win and Inter version in tough Champions League games and against Juve in Serie A. I'll let you know how it goes. I was also reading your klopp thread but i couldn't understand which is the final tactic cause i see two different versions attached

Thanks, be good to know.

With the Klopp thread, the one in the main post is Gegenpressing. The other in discussions was a system I created back in the beta and was my personal preference made 433. It uses an AP-A with a DLP-D and BBM instead of x2 BBM in midfield.

It will play more attractive football rather than the zero creativeness of Klopp. :o)

New System 4312 Diamond - Based on Jose's Porto with a hint of King Carlo

(Available here and on OP)

tac.thumb.png.aa98f9ce53802f7be8aa8122bc9a160a.png

I've added it here as I don't want to open so many threads, and it is primarily based on Jose anyhow. Well I always like to produce a diamond in FM. Previously I've opted for the pretty route of playing Pirlo as an out and out regista. However it would only ever work with top sides and require special players to play the system.

This time around I've decided to based my diamond around Jose's Porto, but bringing in elements of Ancelotti into a hybrid 4312 diamond. This in the hope of bringing success at wider footballing levels. Both bosses are winners of the ECL using this system, so I aimed to follow suit.

The Idea

Jose's a winner and made his name at Porto. What many probably don't realise is his Porto side was very attacking. They pressed high up the pitch and player counter-attacking football at every given opportunity. He did still use the classic one Wing-back more attacking than the other so the side would be less exposed when the opponents countered themselves.

He also had one forward dropping deep with his partner running in behind, with one of the centre midfielders pushing forward to support the attack when prudent to do so.

So this system is based on a hard-working outfit. There is no Trequartista wandering around lazily, or regista that doesn't stick to his position in front of the defence. This system is more structured centrally.

More Offensive

However rather than having one more defensive wing-back in the side, I have chosen to go with the more domestic approach where Porto were more attacking rather than defensive when playing in the Champions League. This would naturally mean more of the football and control of the game to try and break less superior opposition down.

Consequently, I've decided to change the right hand-side of the midfield to cater the Gatusso bite and wing-back Cafu who bombed up and down the right flank. My tactic therefore employs two offensive wing-backs, with the left having more freedom to roam with the Carillero providing cover and the right as described.

The team plays at a lower tempo and shorter passing to facilitate these wing-backs getting into position out wide to send in dangerous crosses into the centre. But to make their lives easier, forcing the play through the middle to the Advanced playmaker in Deco would help to force the opponents to defend narrower, leaving space for our wing-backs high up to exploit the flanks.

OIs

-Show opposing fullback / wingbacks to touchline

-Show opposing offensive flank players to weaker foot

Results

Liverpool - EPL, FA, ECL Winners

On my season 2 Liverpool test save, it almost produced an absolutely flawless season. We won the EPL, the FA Cup, the ECL, but lost the Carabao Cup final to Man CIty. Nevertheless it was a very successful year and surpassed my expectations given the diamond is now generally a weak formation in the modern game

We only conceded 19 which is very good for this formation, although quality defenders help here. A modest goal tally of 79, but without wingers it's never going to be scoring goals for fun.

934384384_lptab.thumb.png.128760063c4ef1a1a85052e448d92e65.png377430632_lpeecl.thumb.png.a657e44d931d734483a39c1c790b8063.png806842350_lpfa.thumb.png.04488d6c9a1e86f7b453c22df1a56b4c.png

Reggina - Serie C-C Winners (record points)

Here I wanted to see whether this mix of technical football with solidity could work at the Serie C level in Italy. Expected to come top, the tactic didn't fail, but it did show the formations naturally weak defensive structure conceding 31 goals. In contrast, it showed it was good going forward notching 84 goals. Additionally it broke the points record for the division, with us finishing on 89 points.

946179063_rebtab.thumb.png.2a67b1d081cf34d944a8283b1563f13b.png

Verona (Predicted 19th, finished 10th)

Verona were predicted 19th and doomed for relegation. I looked at their squad though, and they seemed to have players that could suit this system well. And despite being less superior to many other sides in the division, we ended up finishing safely in mid-table. This far exceeded my expectations given the formation is attacking. But with the threat of the counter, and employing a solid central midfield structure it seems this diamond is capable of grinding out a result whilst playing some good attacking football.

1208819960_veronatb.thumb.png.6fc755209b075ac98221720374d9e5ec.png

So this is my diamond for FM20 based on two winners. It may not be as elegant as a full on Ancelotti Milan, but it wins things just like the master Jose does.

Enjoy.

bjt-4312-20.fmf

Thanks. They aren't the easiest to get going.  But like with any system, as long as you have players to suit the roles it should work well.

The AMC and wing-backs will be very important in this system for the creativity and deliveries into the box. So make sure you have a top notch AMC that is good technically and creative, real hard working midfield trio with the DLP-D also having good passing vision anticipation it aims to play like a Pirlo that doesn't shirk his defensive duties, and wing-backs that can cross dribble and have pace.

Hello, I will try those tactic, 

But for OI, what is exactly what you suggest : 

"-By playing narrow and compact, force all opposing wide players feet towards the touchline is a must"

RD has to be shown Left Foot?

Thanks in advance for the reply

29 minutes ago, tommickTT said:

Hello, I will try those tactic, 

But for OI, what is exactly what you suggest : 

"-By playing narrow and compact, force all opposing wide players feet towards the touchline is a must"

RD has to be shown Left Foot?

Thanks in advance for the reply

Hi. For the 4231 systems, yes I'd force all opposing wide players to the touchline. So for instance a left winger would be shown onto his left foot. However you need to ensure you have centre-backs that can deal with the predictable crosses into the box. I also defend this way for the SAF 442 formation.

However for the 4312, I'd show the offensive wide players instead onto their weaker foot, as the DLP should drop and  fill in the hole between the two centre-backs giving them added security in the middle.

Cheers mate, glad you approve :) ...V recently done that, and a combination of Mourinho and Fergie which if you have the players to play it gets you trebles.

Here's the Chelsea one (it was posted later in the thread but available in OP for dload):

And here's my made Jose / Fergie one, which has the solidity of Mourinho at the back and midfield based on a Gerrard Lampard combo which JM wanted, but also the pace and high tempo flank play of Ferguson for the width:

Thank you so much mate. Finally i enjoy the game. Real version is best tactic i ever seen in fm 2020, and i swich inter verison from balance to positive. İ use real version at home and use inter version away against strong teams. 

Thanks for your feedback mate, great to know it's working well for you and your squad which is always v important to build correctly around a tactic.

And well, Mourinho is a genius :)

• 4 weeks later...

The diamond? Glad you like the football :) Well, the AP-S is designed to be a workmanlike kaka. So moving into channels, running with the ball often, trying killer balls will be good here. the DLP-D should look to dictate the tempo and come deep to get the ball. Could also do killer balls too like Pirlo for a direct counter. 

Make sure your wing backs like to get forward as much as possible, and like to run down their respective flanks. All these should help promote the game style. And make sure the rest / all players don't have any PPMs that work against the system / style of football. 

il y a 12 minutes, BJT a dit :

The diamond? Glad you like the football :) Well, the AP-S is designed to be a workmanlike kaka. So moving into channels, running with the ball often, trying killer balls will be good here. the DLP-D should look to dictate the tempo and come deep to get the ball. Could also do killer balls too like Pirlo for a direct counter. 

Make sure your wing backs like to get forward as much as possible, and like to run down their respective flanks. All these should help promote the game style. And make sure the rest / all players don't have any PPMs that work against the system / style of football. 

Thank you, i'm a huge fan of ancelotti's milan so diamond is my game. Anything specific for the DLF and the AF?

I would say the AF-A looking to beat the offside trap would complement the playmakers playing those killer balls. Otherwise just try to optimise their finishing based on their attributes.

On 19/03/2020 at 23:25, BJT said:

BJT – Pure Jose x2 4231 Versions / (Inter / Real) / FCP 4312 Diamond on Post Below

*Balanced Counter Inter Version – EPL / Bundesliga / Serie A Tested (use outside of Spain) - Role Revert

(Latest & Final Version 27.3.20 - implements a WB-D with IW-A)

**Attacking Tiki Taka Real Madrid Version – La Liga Designed and Tested

1723480014_rmtac.thumb.png.db9f5aa23e2231f4e18c086264806a26.png

Inter Version – uses a LWB-D and a IW-A (Chivu/Pandev)

Real Version – uses a LWB-S and an IW-A (Coentrao/C Ronaldo)

==

Following on from Sir Alex’s treble winning United and Pep’s treble winning Barca here I’ve saved the best and my favourite boss for last – Jose Mourinho.

He’s known for a lot of situational tinkering in game, so it’s difficult to create a generic system. But as I look to create Plug n Play systems that play football in a distinct way and to be successful with winning trophies, I’ve gone with the mindset of producing tactics that applies his key methods.

Inspiration

Mourinho completed a historic treble with Inter, probably his best ever achievement as a manager, playing the Italian way of real gladiatorial defending with the aim of going ahead and simply nullifying the opponents for the remainder.

And at Real Madrid, he broke the La Liga points record and goals scored in a single season going up against a Barcelona in their absolute prime, playing with much more style.

Here I’ve tried my best to create these styles in two systems.

Versions Briefing

Two versions have been made, to cater for the complete different style of football in La Liga that needs different requirements for trophy success.

Inter / Balanced – more conservative and smart Jose, based on counter-attacking at speed and having the ability to defend valiantly like his Inter side, but also further attempting to lure opposition that park the bus out of their defensive structure giving the team room to counter.

Real Madrid / Attacking – aggressive Jose as used at Real Madrid. The goal scoring machine system and higher intensity version looking to win games in style, counter-attacking with pace and counter-pressing to win the ball back high up the pitch.

What to use

Inter / Balanced – for sides with a slower back-line who are capable of defending more balls into the box with pace down the flanks to counter effectively. Use outside of La Liga,

FM classifies this system as Fluid Counter Attacking

Real Madrid / Attacking – for sides with a quick back-line and talented players that can play a tiki taka style and work hard as will need to counter-press.

FM classifies this system as Vertical Tiki Taka

Notes

After testing balanced in Spain, it is what prompted me to make the second version as it appears tiki taka style football is needed to succeed.

Spain seems to be a different league to the normal. Hence I also found my Barca tiki taka only viable in Spain from the major leagues.

So I’ve made the two versions. The balanced counter is highly durable and successful in leagues outside of Spain, and attacking tiki taka best used in Spain, or for any high quality outfit that has the ability to play this system.

If you go down to 10 men, use a DLF-S subbing the AP-S maintaining a back 4. I would also advise setting time wasting to frequently for say the last 5 minutes if trying to hold onto a lead / point given it is a balanced mentality.

I have also kept to the Inter positional structure in both systems, where the RWB is the offensive one in Maicon.

What You Need

-Make sure the right wing-back has the ability to cross and dribble, like one Maicon

-Pace down the offensive flanks, up top and a creative playmaker with great technique and vision for the quick fluid counter

-A back-line that can defend balls into the box, and capable of good teamwork and communication to play the offside trap when needed (Inter)

-A quick backline to play the high line, and capable of good teamwork and communication to play the offside trap (Real)

- A keeper with good distribution to launch counter attacks with good decision making as this needs to be done in the correct situations

OIs (Both Systems)

-By playing narrow and compact, force all opposing wide players feet towards the touchline is a must

Here are two really good clips of a Jose classic speedy counter, and a really well worked team goal  from the Inter Version:

Result

Jose is a serial trophy winner, succeeding wherever he goes. Yes he does need the quality players to succeed where the players need to be highly adept at taking their opportunities clinically whilst also coping with pressure from the opposition.

I tested the Inter version in the major leagues and including Spain as above. It didn’t work in Spain, but outside of La Liga it can win the EPL, Bundesliga and Serie A. It won’t break point records – but it gets the job done the Jose way.

The Real version I have just tested in Spain so far. It yielded the best results in terms of a trophy haul completing the treble by winning La Liga, the Copa Del Rey, and the ECL.

Additionally, it broke Jose’s 121 goal Real record scoring 125. It also broke his 100 points league record, with 102 points, and ended up with a +97 goal difference.

I may test with a different profile of a club the Inter version in due course, as this is the version I'd hope may work more universally.

Trophy Haul Breakdown

Inter Version

England (Liverpool) – EPL / ECL

Germany (Dortmund) – Bundesliga / DFB Pokal

Italy (Juventus) – Serie A

671094072_juveleague.thumb.png.d83e5e47ce2a70414f2c1d2499903eae.png649078280_bvbleauge.thumb.png.5afbdd7bd88f5def8c93e6af30b64af7.png923065901_lpoolleague.thumb.png.3366875f1e358e81cc45f7c959ad21d8.png

Real Version

Spain (Barcelona) – La Liga / Copa Del Rey / ECL

96134907_barcaleague.thumb.png.c295f888dc76a4d863dbfff01066fa3c.png2008445511_barcaecl.thumb.png.e9070c0be09c65d2b440932121b6e074.png

Observations

Inter Version

In the EPL, it considerably performed better away from home comparing rankings of other Premiership sides. The home record was good but was bettered by some other sides.

This indicates it’s definitely a more counter-based tactic by default and good for away games.

Use this version if you have not such a quick back-line.

Real Version

In contrast, this system performed really well both home and away. But due to the style of football, you will need the very best players to play this brand of football.

Just as Jose’s Real side that conquered Barca, it was extremely exciting to watch and only luck eluded them winning an ECL.

Use this version if you have a really talented squad.

==

They’re no game breakers of a system. But if you want to watch your sides defend valiantly like the treble winning Inter did, or to watching some tiki taka with scintillating quick breaks from deep like Jose’s Real, both systems will be an enjoyable one to play with and should hopefully perform well and bring you success wherever you go just like the special one.

bjt-4231-jm-rm.fmf 46.35 kB · 302 downloads

bjt-4231-jm-inter-fv.fmf 46.37 kB · 132 downloads

bjt-4312-20.fmf 45.39 kB · 69 downloads

Hi BJT, I've been looking for a 4-2-3-1 for ages and believe yours looks incredible. Have you tried the IWs as IFs at all? And if so, how did that go? 

Hi Mate, I can't say I have done but the roles are fairly similar so I can't see why it wouldn't work. I just think wingers may be more suited to a counter-attack than an inside forward so chose them roles to replicate Jose's Real who are the counter-attacking team of the latest age =)

After a full season with leeds on the diamond we finish 3rd, won FA cup against liverpool and Eurocup against inter 4-1. Esposti as an AF 18 app 15 gls.

The game is beautifull. I need to improve my CD and it will be good

I think the latest match engine broke the Inter version, got me sacked before Christmas with Spurs, barely any goals and conceded too many.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 03/08/2020 at 13:23, LDP said:

My CAM doesn't perform very well in the Madrid version. How did yours perform?

Firmino is my CAM by the way

Surely someone can help here? :(