Will the coronavirus delay the launch of Football Manager 2021?

Most likely will delay the release of the next FM, but I'm happy with that rather than a member of the SI Staff becoming infected due to having to commute to work to work on this release.

In terms of how the next series will begin, who knows because no one has a clue what is going to happen at the moment.

It sounds like sales have picked up recently, so that should help SI stay afloat should a delay be necessary - but as Chesters86 said above, 100% their top priority is to keep their staff safe.

11 hours ago, subtotalcurve said:

Britain has suspended football in Britain for the time being. We don't know how long for. The government are saying this could last more than a year. Do you think this will impact Football Manager in any way?

It is too early in this disaster cycle to have any idea on what impact this virus will have in the short, middle or long term.  No doubt SI, along with most other businesses, will be considering their options and will tell us all when they can. 

I have decided to play the summer leagues beginning in 2021. Although current seasons from 2020 might be affected in this years summer leagues, normality should be resumed  from 2021 and those seasons should be unaffected.

eg/: Sweden, Norway, Finland etc.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, subtotalcurve said:

Britain has suspended football in Britain for the time being. We don't know how long for. The government are saying this could last more than a year. Do you think this will impact Football Manager in any way?

2 minutes ago, Ragged Rascal said:

People are worried about their elderly relatives, livelihoods and health. Who gives a toss about this?

Just play the game. I think Mods should close silly threads like this...

Why comment then?

• FrazT locked this topic