Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
WIGutie

Owner Repeatedly approving staff increases, stays at zero.

I've on multiple occasions gotten approvals for staff increases for my club to increase (especially for my U18 side). However instead it remains at the exact same level, in which case for my U18 side I repeatedly get approval by the owner... and see things like the following. This is my first playthrough on FM20 after finally switching over from an older version. I waited and attempted this on multiple occasions. Each time I get approval, nothign changes and get things like THIS:

"I am pleased to confirm in writing the board's agreement to the request you made at our recent board meeting.

The number of coaches the Under 18s is allowed to have has increased.

This means the total number of Under 18s Coaches is now zero." 

How is this remotely possible? Is there some bad coding issue that doesn't recognize staff allowed should increase? Not seeking to instigate anything.... just genuinely disappointed and really not enjoying being unable to do any real sort of youth development. Basically the game may as well be unplayable if I can't add any staff to my U18 side and got back to playing an older version of the game. 

3 hours ago, WIGutie said:

I've on multiple occasions gotten approvals for staff increases for my club to increase (especially for my U18 side). However instead it remains at the exact same level, in which case for my U18 side I repeatedly get approval by the owner... and see things like the following. This is my first playthrough on FM20 after finally switching over from an older version. I waited and attempted this on multiple occasions. Each time I get approval, nothign changes and get things like THIS:

"I am pleased to confirm in writing the board's agreement to the request you made at our recent board meeting.

The number of coaches the Under 18s is allowed to have has increased.

This means the total number of Under 18s Coaches is now zero." 

How is this remotely possible? Is there some bad coding issue that doesn't recognize staff allowed should increase? Not seeking to instigate anything.... just genuinely disappointed and really not enjoying being unable to do any real sort of youth development. Basically the game may as well be unplayable if I can't add any staff to my U18 side and got back to playing an older version of the game. 

Hey @WIGutie  - Could you upload a save game from just before you asked for the staff increase and I'll take a look? Thanks.