Sheffield United 5-3-2

As a Sheff Utd fan, I had to read this... and then saw a photo of Jay McEverley! The bad memories came flooding back! 

Shame that you couldn’t keep them in the Premiership. What Wilder has done is incredible. As you mentioned, the current ME doesn’t enable the creation of the overlapping centre backs. That said, the roles you picked are fairly close to real life in my opinion.

I have been working on developing my interpretation of the system for 3 versions of FM (since Wilder established it). Below is what I am using right now.

I started with the usual Sheffield United save, and finished 10th in season 1 and then 7th season 2 before finishing 4th in season 3. As I always play as Sheff Utd, I was bored at this point and began testing the system with other teams. So far it has done nicely at Sporting, Dinamo and Cesena.

Would love to see the overlapping centre backs implemented correctly in FM. 

Enjoyed reading your article. Thanks for sharing.

DCEFFEBA-57A9-4CD7-B6ED-06C5A6C05C8A.jpeg

21 hours ago, BuryBlade said:

As a Sheff Utd fan, I had to read this... and then saw a photo of Jay McEverley! The bad memories came flooding back! 

Shame that you couldn’t keep them in the Premiership. What Wilder has done is incredible. As you mentioned, the current ME doesn’t enable the creation of the overlapping centre backs. That said, the roles you picked are fairly close to real life in my opinion.

I have been working on developing my interpretation of the system for 3 versions of FM (since Wilder established it). Below is what I am using right now.

I started with the usual Sheffield United save, and finished 10th in season 1 and then 7th season 2 before finishing 4th in season 3. As I always play as Sheff Utd, I was bored at this point and began testing the system with other teams. So far it has done nicely at Sporting, Dinamo and Cesena.

Would love to see the overlapping centre backs implemented correctly in FM. 

Enjoyed reading your article. Thanks for sharing.

DCEFFEBA-57A9-4CD7-B6ED-06C5A6C05C8A.jpeg

Surely it would be ball playing defenders 

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/03/2020 at 18:39, Mr harry 38 said:

Surely it would be ball playing defenders 

You're mixing up ball-playing and ball-carrying defenders. There is no role in the game to match the 2 outer Sheff Utd centre-backs.

• 4 months later...