Sports Interactive Community
CraigHiggins

Switch issue with L button menu

I have an issue on the switch lite. The game was fine when I first purchased in Jan then started every now and then after an hour or so if playing to play up, it now starts sooner. I had worked around it originally and then hadn’t played in a while but have came back to it today and it is almost impossible to play as a result. It may seem like it’s an issue with my switch itself or the controls but I have literally had not one issue with any other games.

basically when you click L to bring up the menu bar on the left then move the cursor across to select an option, the game try to force you to choose the bottom option of the sub menu (ir on the Staff option this would be job security), this happens on all of the options, image attached. You can battle against it and force it to choose the one you want but it isn’t exactly ideal and maybe 25% of the time you choose the wrong option as a result.

In addition, you will constantly have things pop up in the centre of the screen when you are viewing your players or an individual players page (in these examples attached it is next opponent, past meetings and career stats).

If I had came across even one other potential hardware issue in the last 3 months then I would accept that this would be the issue but it is definitely a FM20 issue alone.

53613A4B-FD29-4074-9E82-DBBA2A0A49AD.jpeg

6082195E-33F5-44F3-9C6D-1777D6825BC0.jpeg

DE70CA4F-2637-4CD8-9AE5-5119229BF9FF.jpeg

Hi @CraigHiggins, I'm sorry to hear you've had this issue. I'm not able to reproduce this on my own personal device, and we've had no reports of similar. This would suggest that it's an issue with your hardware, but as you said, it's strange that you've not encountered this in any other games.

Does this issue still happen on a new save for you? Or just the save from the screenshots sent above?

10 hours ago, Alistair Skewes said:

Hi @CraigHiggins, I'm sorry to hear you've had this issue. I'm not able to reproduce this on my own personal device, and we've had no reports of similar. This would suggest that it's an issue with your hardware, but as you said, it's strange that you've not encountered this in any other games.

Does this issue still happen on a new save for you? Or just the save from the screenshots sent above?

Hi Alistair, thanks for your reply. I have had 3 separate saves and it has occurred on all 3. On the first game I started up I don’t think it began for at least 10 hours into the save but ever since it will happen within an hour of starting up either a new save or loading a saved game, it often happens within ten mins or so.

it definetly seems like it should be a hardware issue as if the left stick is overly sensitive,  but I have played probably 10 other games since getting the switch in December and had no issues at all on any of them. 

Hi @CraigHiggins, thanks for the update on this - a bit of a tricky one to investigate what the root cause could be!

If you're able to record a video during an instance when this occurs that would be really useful for us looking into whether this is on our end or a hardware issue (it may be the case that it's only noticeable in our game because of our bespoke cursor emulation). To record a video, hold down the capture button used to take screenshots, and this will capture the previous 30 seconds of gameplay footage.

If you could then attach the video to a post here, we might be able to see the specifics a bit more. Cheers.