Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Joe Bligh

Argentinian Premier League continental qualification rules

Hello,

Continental qualification rules seem to have disappeared in the Argentinian premier league. I finished 3rd last season but have ended up in the Copa Sudamerica instead of the Libertadores. No idea how they're determining who goes into which competition. 

Cheers,

Joe

argentina rules.PNG

Hi @JoeBligh,

For an issue like this a saved game will be necessary to determine what has happened here - do you possibly have a save from before the season in the Sudamericana has begun? This will be the only way to determine what may have happened here, saves can be provided using the link below:

https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/gFKFPT9DKgkgj78

Thanks,

Harry

Unfortunately I don't have on from that season. I have figured out how they determine who goes where though. The draw for the next seasons continental competitions is done midway through the season so they use they league standings at the time the draw is done. So the season I ended up in the Sudamerica I had a terrible start to the season so I was out of the Libertadores places when the draw was done despiye ending the season 3rd. They do it in January so normally about 20ish games in. I think it's possibly because the league structure has changed loads, first season it's 24 team league and each team plays each other once, now it's a 20 team league and you play twice, I'm guessing the continental rules have just got mixed up somewhere along the way. 

I've uploaded my current save file to the link provided above just in case it's of any use. It's exactly the same situation re continental qualification, it wasn't just a one off season thing. In theory it would be possible to win the league and not qualify for the Libertadores. 

Hi @joebligh

Could i also possibly ask what the file name is please, this will help a lot in terms of locating it.

Thanks,

Harry

Of course, Sorry! 

Joe Bligh - River.fmt

Hi @JoeBligh,

No problem, i have found your save and currently am reviewing the situation.

Thanks,

Harry