Getting errors when testing nation rules with the 4.0 db

Carlito85

I'm struggling to verify rules for the following nations as of the latest update:

- Belarus (no squads selected for the Vysejsaja Liha)
- Belgium (Jupiler Pro league not finished in time for season update day, not all stages were created)
- Bulgaria (not enough teams found for Kupa Na Bulgariya, 47/48 found)
- Portugal (Campeonato De Portugal, couldn't find rules for division with 72 teams)
- Romania (not enough teams found for all Liga III divisions, 15/16 found)

Can anyone help with these?

• 2 weeks later...

New update: I got Bulgaria's file working by changing the number of teams in the competition. I've also gotten Belgium's file working by changing the Jupiler Pro League format. I'm totally stumped when it comes to the remaining 2 though.

Even when creating a new file for Portugal from scratch (no changes to any rules) it won't verify.

Edited by Carlito85

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, palmamiguel92 said:

@Carlito85 Any luck with the others yet? Can you send me the ones you managed to change? 

No luck getting Portugal or Romania to work yet unfortunately. The rest of the files are available on the Steam Workshop.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2012307837

as for Romania, i think i solved something simillar in Spain last year where teams were disqualified like CF Reus. Search for the current season of the III division in Romania and see if some team is left out, if so, manually insert it on the league, that's what i did

3 minutes ago, palmamiguel92 said:

as for Romania, i think i solved something simillar in Spain last year where teams were disqualified like CF Reus. Search for the current season of the III division in Romania and see if some team is left out, if so, manually insert it on the league, that's what i did

I can't try it right now as I'm waiting on a new graphics card to arrive. The editor and the game keep causing crashes lol. I'll definitely give it a shot once I'm back up and running though, cheers :thup:

Well this is odd

Tested multiple time and the error jumps from series to series each time. One simulation and it's the III series, and another simulation its the V series. The I series also got an error once. When i check the registered teams all series have the 16 spots filled. Very very odd

Well this is odd

Tested multiple time and the error jumps from series to series each time. One simulation and it's the III series, and another simulation its the V series. The I series also got an error once. When i check the registered teams all series have the 16 spots filled. Very very odd

44 minutes ago, palmamiguel92 said:

Update: From what i could get, Liga IV is the real issue. I can't make teams promote from Liga IV which is an invisible league in game.

Yeah I was getting the same thing. All of the errors were related to series III. Fix one and another one pops up elsewhere. Left me baffled to the point where I had to take a break from it lol.

Ok, I found the guilty! I used the competition test thin on the editor, it works well as a Debug of sorts, very usuful indeed.

It's actually...a team.

o8qK44E.jpg

o4q07tB.jpg

The team just disappears between 19-20 season to 20-21 season

Edited by palmamiguel92

Solved it! It was easy has to specify what competition the league must grab the teams from. Did for both Liga III and Liga II and simed fine untill 2022

Edit: Error are back at Liga III, oh god.. now its the promotion/relegation system damaged

Edited by palmamiguel92

22 minutes ago, palmamiguel92 said:

Solved it! It was easy has to specify what competition the league must grab the teams from. Did for both Liga III and Liga II and simed fine untill 2022

Edit: Error are back at Liga III, oh god.. now its the promotion/relegation system damaged

Great effort mate. Do you have a verified version as a backup I could work with once I get up and running?

1 minute ago, palmamiguel92 said:

Sure, i'll save one as an xml an put the verf value as 'true'

Brilliant, cheers :thup:

I'm thinking if it's verified I might be able to apply my transfer window rules and include it in my next update.

Just now, palmamiguel92 said:

Would it work? Because the testing is still with errors

I was just thinking that myself lol, I'd have to unverify it by making any changes. Never mind. Keep me posted though if you manage to find the issue.

I'm out of options really. Either i have to reshape the III league format or i dont know

The only other thing I can think of doing would be to delete everything below the second league and see if it verifies.

Have you tried anything with the Portugal rules? That one seemed really confusing to get to grips with as well.

2 horas atrás, Carlito85 disse:

The only other thing I can think of doing would be to delete everything below the second league and see if it verifies.

Have you tried anything with the Portugal rules? That one seemed really confusing to get to grips with as well.

i got a different error you got in Portugal, mine was complaining about the number of teams in Azores u19

I'm working on a save idea that i got from a documentry however I have tried 4-5 different england saves and i have gotten this exact same error on each one and not sure what I am doing wrong. all i am doing is moving one team from L1 to the lowest league to do my behind the story with them and have no idea of how to fix this errortest10.thumb.png.648718fd443c24669fbbfcdd92b21f2b.png

14 hours ago, palmamiguel92 said:

i got a different error you got in Portugal, mine was complaining about the number of teams in Azores u19

I think I adjusted the number of teams in the competition and it fixed that problem. The one I got after that was something about not being able to find rules for the division with 72 teams.

I too got that error about no rules for a division with 72 teams which i could not solve. My guess is it is linked in some way to the league below the third division in portugal (lots of groups). i couldn't fix it but found another lower league file for portugal that works wiht the 20.4.0 update for what i wanted. Is this for that project you were working on where you are removing the transfer windows from every country (is it just the leagues that come with the game as is or have you extended each countries league pyramid lower)?

3 minutes ago, Dai35 said:

I too got that error about no rules for a division with 72 teams which i could not solve. My guess is it is linked in some way to the league below the third division in portugal (lots of groups). i couldn't fix it but found another lower league file for portugal that works wiht the 20.4.0 update for what i wanted. Is this for that project you were working on where you are removing the transfer windows from every country (is it just the leagues that come with the game as is or have you extended each countries league pyramid lower)?

Yeah just basically looking to change the transfer window rules.

I tried verifying the Portugal file without any changes to it at all and it still wouldn't work lol.

12 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

Yeah just basically looking to change the transfer window rules.

I tried verifying the Portugal file without any changes to it at all and it still wouldn't work lol.

So you haven't gone further down the pyramids than are unlocked in the base game as that can sometimes cause the issues you have described. it's very weird that it won't verify without any changes at all.

8 minutes ago, Dai35 said:

So you haven't gone further down the pyramids than are unlocked in the base game as that can sometimes cause the issues you have described. it's very weird that it won't verify without any changes at all.

Yeah I tried looking through all of the leagues, specifically to see which one had 72 teams and why it was saying no rules could be found. I ran out of ideas in regards to what it could be.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been working on the Romanian rules a bit as well. In the end I got it working in the Editor testing mode, after removing several rules and editing some others.

The solution was to remove all the non-default (2019) rules and then check all the default rules. They were set up to start in 2020 (except for the first division). Remove that checkbox as well and it worked for me. Took a bit of research though, but it works for my goal.

File has to be tested in game still.

15 minutes ago, TH3 K1LL3R said:

Sorry, but i didn't know for this topic before.

Do you need anything else from Portugal?

Basically I've just been looking to change the transfer window rules/dates but I've been unable to verify the file. It seems like the link you shared provides the solution though. I haven't been able to access the editor in order to check however.

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

I have been working on the Romanian rules a bit as well. In the end I got it working in the Editor testing mode, after removing several rules and editing some others.

The solution was to remove all the non-default (2019) rules and then check all the default rules. They were set up to start in 2020 (except for the first division). Remove that checkbox as well and it worked for me. Took a bit of research though, but it works for my goal.

File has to be tested in game still.

That's brilliant mate. Thanks a lot :thup:

Edited by Carlito85

4 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

Basically I've just been looking to change the transfer window rules/dates but I've been unable to verify the file. It seems like the link you shared provides the solution though. I haven't been able to access the editor in order to check however.

Similar changes here, except that I was creating Romanian competition back to 1988 style.

When the test is succesfull, I will share the file so you can see what I edited.

8 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Here is the file. Btw, this was done in 20.1, not even in 20.4

IC20 Foreign Player Rule Romania v.000012.fmf 26.9 kB · 0 downloads

Excellent, thanks again. Hoping to get back into the editing in the next week or two so this and the Portugal fix should be a big help.

Edited by Carlito85

On 22/03/2020 at 18:48, Carlito85 said:

New update: I got Bulgaria's file working by changing the number of teams in the competition.

This remark saved me a lot of prodding around in the file

8 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

This remark saved me a lot of prodding around in the file

I figured it was best to note any changes I made that worked down in here for future reference lol. Glad I could be of some help :thup:

On 27/04/2020 at 13:39, Wolf_pd said:

@Carlito85 what were the exact changes you made in Belgium? Since I work in a 20.1 setup, using a 20.4 database isn't working for me.

I changed the format of the Jupiler League from its original setting. I want to say I changed it from fixed rules to flexible or vice-versa.

quick silly question:

All this problems that you guys find while editing leagues, are they attached to the country or to the competition itself?
in other words, if you create a league from scratch -in the same country- replacing the original league, would you still have the same issues ?

5 hours ago, jagwar.gdl said:

quick silly question:

All this problems that you guys find while editing leagues, are they attached to the country or to the competition itself?
in other words, if you create a league from scratch -in the same country- replacing the original league, would you still have the same issues ?

The errors are because of a changing amount of teams, changing rules and those things. Unless you do that when creating your competition, you won't see these errors.