Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
andyt365

Why is Tottenham only allowed to buy English players - This is unrealistic and restrictive

Why are Spurs only allowed to buy English players? It ruins the game to have Levy block every transfer.

Weve not focused on English players for about 10 years. Our major signings were Ndombele, Lo Celso, Bergwijn, Gedson and Sessegnon. Thats 1 in 5?

How do you disable this in the game?

Jugadores Edad Nac. Último club Coste

Tanguy Ndombélé Tanguy Ndombélé
Mediocentro
22 Francia
RD del Congo
Olympique de Lyon Olymp. Lyon
FranciaLigue 1
60,00 mill. €

Steven Bergwijn Steven Bergwijn
Extremo izquierdo
22 Países Bajos
Surinam
PSV Eindhoven PSV Eindhoven
Países BajosEredivisie
30,00 mill. €

Ryan Sessegnon Ryan Sessegnon
Interior izquierdo
19 Inglaterra
Fulham FC Fulham
InglaterraChampionship
27,00 mill. €

Giovani Lo Celso Giovani Lo Celso
Mediocentro
23 Argentina
Italia
Real Betis Balompié Real Betis
EspañaLaLiga
Tarifa de préstamo:
16,00 mill. €

Jack Clarke Jack Clarke
Extremo derecho
18 Inglaterra
Leeds United Leeds
InglaterraChampionship
11,00 mill. €

Gedson Fernandes Gedson Fernandes
Mediocentro
21 Portugal
Santo Tomé y Príncipe
SL Benfica Benfica
PortugalLiga NOS
Tarifa de préstamo:
4,50 mill. €

Jack Clarke Jack Clarke
Extremo derecho
19 Inglaterra
Leeds United Leeds
InglaterraChampionship
Fin de préstamo
01/01/2020

Kyle Walker-Peters Kyle Walker-Peters
Lateral derecho
23 Inglaterra
Southampton FC Southampton
InglaterraPremier League
Fin de préstamo
31/05/2020

Michel Vorm Michel Vorm
Portero
35 Países Bajos
Surinam
Sin equipo Sin equipo

-

Jack Clarke Jack Clarke
Extremo derecho
19 Inglaterra
Queens Park Rangers QPR
InglaterraChampionship
Fin de préstamo
31/05/2020

Cameron Carter-Vickers Cameron Carter-Vickers
Defensa central
22 Estados Unidos
Inglaterra
Stoke City Stoke City
InglaterraChampionship
Fin de préstamo
02/01/2020

Japhet Tanganga Japhet Tanganga
Defensa central
20 Inglaterra
RD del Congo
Tottenham Hotspur U23 Tottenham U23
InglaterraPremier League 2
-

Cameron Carter-Vickers Cameron Carter-Vickers
Defensa central
22 Estados Unidos
Inglaterra
Luton Town Luton
InglaterraChampionship
Fin de préstamo
31/05/2020

Georges-Kevin N'Koudou Georges-Kevin N'Koudou
Extremo izquierdo
24 Francia
Camerún
AS Mónaco Mónaco
FranciaLigue 1
Fin de préstamo
30/06/2019

Is this due to the club vision and was it agreed by you as the manager?

Yes but I have no choice but to agree. Its unrealistic to suggest any premier league club buy 50% english players. Simply doesnt happen in real life.

Our plan is to buy the best players we can aged 22 and under regardless of nationality.

4 hours ago, FrazT said:

Is this due to the club vision and was it agreed by you as the manager?

You can't disagree with the club vision as the board just refuse to accept any changes to it. 

5 hours ago, andyt365 said:

Its unrealistic to suggest any premier league club buy 50% english players. Simply doesnt happen in real life.

Isn't this just the board being prudent considering Brexit is looming right around the corner? 

3 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

You can't disagree with the club vision as the board just refuse to accept any changes to it. 

To be fair, I've been able to make changes to the vision on several occasions. 

Yep. Have made changes to the vision also. As my rep grows, so do my chances of making changes.

And in fairness, Spurs do have a buy young British policy in reality. Maybe not as restrictive as in the game. But it does exist.

1 hour ago, KlaaZ said:

To be fair, I've been able to make changes to the vision on several occasions. 

I'd never managed to get them to change it. So I stand corrected. 

I’m 100% in favour of the game replicating the real world thinking and operational status of clubs, so long as it’s done accurately. That said, it strikes me that certain features are always going to need a “switch” to enable players who don’t share that opinion to turn them off.

18 hours ago, andyt365 said:

How do you disable this in the game?

You can delete club visions in the pre game editor. I don't think there's any way to do so in game.  The club vision negotiation screen is a waste of time.

I tried to start as unemployed a few times, and when I get a job interview and negotiate the club visions with stuff like I will win promotion a year earlier than the club vision says the board are very happy with my ambition.

Then the job goes to another AI manager because he agreed to the boards initial club vision, even though it is less ambitious than mine. I get no notifications as to why, whether the board thinks I am too ambitious and it wont work or they somehow think I will spend more money even though I said I dont need more wage/transfer budget.

I dont think the newly implemented club vision is working correctly yet in the game. At least not to my understanding.

ive never paid attention to club vision yet. i just accept whatever is there and then play my own game. same as a lot of the other bloat the game has. i havent really noticed any negative effect on my saves yet. sometimes i get a c+ on some report i ignore...

10 hours ago, callamity said:

ive never paid attention to club vision yet. i just accept whatever is there and then play my own game. same as a lot of the other bloat the game has. i havent really noticed any negative effect on my saves yet. sometimes i get a c+ on some report i ignore...

I actually got sacked because of it, partially my fault because i accepted an impossible job half way through a 18 game season. Wage budget was way over which i couldn't reduce and they DEMANDED a playoff place when the team were bottom.

@zindrinho

Could you have missed the message? It can get lost if you start unemployed with the number of messages you get. I have been in the exact same situation where i tell the board i can win the league and they give it to they guy who proposed avoiding relegation.

I got a message saying i was too ambitious, best to just go along with their vision and exceed expectations.

Vision is annoying sometimes.... definitely feels unrealistic for a top English club to have that forced upon them, especially by the current owner. Have you had your Brexit yet that might make it more plausible?

I had a goal of "Sign High Reputation Players" as Sporting.... almost like Portugal is a top league and not a selling league! :rolleyes:

I'm managing spurs atm and sing English players is a vision by the board but its not compulsory that you fit to all the visions. As long as you are perform well they wont be too unhappy. 

4 hours ago, Mitchutd said:

Vision is annoying sometimes.... definitely feels unrealistic for a top English club to have that forced upon them, especially by the current owner. Have you had your Brexit yet that might make it more plausible?

I had a goal of "Sign High Reputation Players" as Sporting.... almost like Portugal is a top league and not a selling league! :rolleyes:

Boards LOVE high reputation signings. My PSV board is the same, 2-3 seasons in they go "Hey we won the Eredivisie a couple times, go buy high profile players now!". Had it with other boards in the past too and it's especially lovely when you're at a club that does not have the finances for this at all. "Hey we're cutting your budget AGAIN, but by the way, sign some high profile players would ya?" :idiot:

Need to tell them 3-4 times every time that no, I will not sign high profile players at which point they let it go. So yeah, removing these visions can be a pain, but is definitely possible. Just gotta keep trying instead of accepting it when it comes back the first time.

7 hours ago, Ultras500 said:

@zindrinho

Could you have missed the message? It can get lost if you start unemployed with the number of messages you get. I have been in the exact same situation where i tell the board i can win the league and they give it to they guy who proposed avoiding relegation.

I got a message saying i was too ambitious, best to just go along with their vision and exceed expectations.

The message said they chose the AI manager because he agreed to their club vision. Nothing more.

That's why I feel the club visions doesnt work properly in the game yet, when its better to agree to the visions no matter what changes I made. I could understand it if I negotiated a less ambitious vision than what the board initially wanted, but just that making any sort of changes are bad doesnt seem to be the way it should work.

1 hour ago, zindrinho said:

The message said they chose the AI manager because he agreed to their club vision. Nothing more.

That's why I feel the club visions doesnt work properly in the game yet, when its better to agree to the visions no matter what changes I made. I could understand it if I negotiated a less ambitious vision than what the board initially wanted, but just that making any sort of changes are bad doesnt seem to be the way it should work.

Which club was it out of interest? I don't know if it's a case of we as players know we can take a relegation candidate into Champions league winners in record time with little to no money spent but the game i.e board are taking into account their finances, the finances possibly needed to mount such a challenge, media prediction etc, their reputation (which is probably the main one).

Saying that, I did apply for a job and completely change the 5 year plan to an actual 5 year plan rather than Year 1 - Don't get relegated, Years 2-5 - Midtable. I suggested what I thought was a realistic gradual 5 year growth with year 4 being challenge for silverwear and year 5 winning the league. Still lost out to Mr Battle Relegation Every Season. They got relegated :lol:

It was a handful of third tier norwegian teams, I cant remember the names now as I gave up on that save before it even got started due to not getting any jobs.

3 minutes ago, zindrinho said:

It was a handful of third tier norwegian teams, I cant remember the names now as I gave up on that save before it even got started due to not getting any jobs.

Similar to me then. Looking at them, they are mostly semi-pro with small transfer budgets if any and low wage budgets. There are one or two professional teams in the league which won't help.

Bearing in mind that when you take a job like that and you tell the players the season aim they will probably tell you to scale it back, which they do with me unless we are promotion favourites.

Your rep and history plays a part. I have noticed that when you apply for jobs. If its a team looking for promotion they seem to be looking for managers who have a track record with promoting teams. There is a tab on your profile labelled "known for" to which i believe you can be known for avoiding relegation or gaining promotion as the game goes on.

So perhaps you just have to find a club and prove yourself a little before you can suggest changes and be taken seriously?

That all sounds reasonable, the fact you got a message saying you were being too ambitious and the board didnt believe you had it in you to achieve those goals at least means its possible to get a reason for why a more ambitious plan wasnt accepted, still it is a bit weird that they were very happy during the negotiations of my high ambition and then later mot giving me the job because I "didnt agree to the proposed club vision". They should rather have said so during the negotiations and given me the chance to just accept their initial vision.