MLS TRANSFERS

So I'm currently in my 2nd season with inter Miami. first season I won absolutely everything but I am still struggling with the clubs reputation when trying to sign players from Europe. have signed the odd out of contract player or season long loan but no one worth talking about. 

What more do I have to do to get a player of a decent calibre to want to discuss contract terms?

• 3 months later...

Increase the reputation of the team by winning things.

I have a question: I've played out a few seasons and my club has loads of money. Right now, our weekly salary budget is over $1 million, but I cannot give offers of any more than what I began with, about $20k/week.

Meaning: even with a large squad, most of whom are right at the maximum salary I can offer, I'm spending around 1/3 of my wage budget.

I can, however, loan in players and instead of wages, pay a monthly fee of virtually limitless size (I assume this comes from my transfer budget, which I also cannot spend for similar reasons).

My question is: is my inability to offer large contracts hard coded into MLS, or my team (LAFC) in FM Touch?

If not, if I save enough cash, will I be able to offer larger contracts? There does not seem to be any board request I can make along these lines. Is it a bug? How can I help fix it?

For the record, I've been with the club 3 years.