Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
billyblenx

Chairman appearing with wage and expiring date contract

Hi all. I'm just scrapping the surface on the editor, this is my first time actually making something other than change club names.  

I have a few questions. First, I create a non-player person to be the new chairman of an already existed team in EFL League Two that I am editing. But when I create a save he is showing with wages and a contract to end in 2015 (this is FM11 btw). The other personnel of the board which I didn't touch of course remains without any kind of bond to the club. I looked into other presidents such as Abramovic and Hill-Wood in the editor and they have the same appearance as my created one, except for some tactical atributes filled. Secondly, speaking of chairman, do you ever touch on "board confidence" and "fan confidence"? And on his reputation worldwise or nationwise? Preferred tactic, negotiation, interference, pacience and possession? All of this regarding the editing of a chairman I'm in doubt and would very much appreciate some clarification. At the moment all of these items are marked to '0'. It's not a problem, right? For what the little I understand so far about editing, the smallest number is '1', and '0' is indicated for 'random', probably generated at the beggining of each save.  

Alright, this already has become too much for one post, I'll save my other questions for later. Thanks.

fmsi.png

Any help? I tried many times now without luck, every non-player I create comes with a salary and an expiring date as if they were coaches or scouts. How do I properly create directors and chairman?

fmsi2.png

Can you upload your file? So we can check your edit?

Any number marked 0 will come up random. So leaving them zero is no issue.

I have looked at your file, but have to admit that FM11 is not the version I am well known with.

The only thing I would like to know, did you give them a contract? Because I would think it is the only reason you end with a situation like this.

I really appreciate you took your time to look at it.

Well, Bury has "none" marked as president on the editor, it is randomly generated for each save. So when I choose the non-player I created (without any contract with any club) to start employed as president of the club, in his page on the editor says "date signed 1.7.2010" "start date 1.7.2010" end of contract (blank space)" "type of contract Full Contract" "weekly wage 0 (£)". Naturally I have tried to erase the weekly wage, make it a blank space, but it can't be done. I've also tried with date signed and start date blanked (both and one of each sepparately) but still they appeared ingame with a weekly wage of 575 euros and an expiring date set.

The board directors that comes with Bury starts alright as my first pic in this post indicates. But when I try to remove them and implement my own directors, the same issue happens.

I looked at Abramovic and other presidents to see what they look like on the editor and tried to emulate the same filled spaces in the "contract" section. They all oddly have 1 (£) as bonus for goal as a contract clausule which I naturally tried to emulate but in vain.

So to give a more direct answer to your question, I don't initially give them a contract, but in order for them to start the save at Bury I have to set it in the editor and when I set it there's two options (that i could see as potentially the reason of why I'm having this trouble) that can't be blanked: Type of contract (that HAS to be Full, Parcial, Amateur or Junior) and weekly wage that HAS to be either 0 (£) or any higher amount you want to set. And all of the other club presidents in the game has Full Contract and 0 (£) marked in these options on the database.

So I really don't know what to do to properly assign a created person to be member of the board without weekly wages and expire date set, I'm gonna try now set a preferred formation on him (because it is the only thing that all the other presidents have and I didn't try yet) and start a new game to see if it solves. (seriously if this is it...)

I see what you mean. I tried something like that in FM20 and something similar happened.

Normally I would suggest, log a bug, but for FM11 that is not going to help you.

If the preferred formation does solve it though, I am very interested to hear.

Hahaha it didn't. I'm trying different things now. I put july 2050 as expiring date and apparently it worked. He still has wages but at least it is a workaround for one problem although I'm kinda uncomfortable to see "1.7.2050" there, let's say it's not the most realistic solution ever.