Please show me your Leeds United formations

Hello,

I am a bit indecisive with my Leeds United squad in terms of playing style and formation.
At the moment I am playing with this formation more or less unsuccessfully.
Little comes out of the game in terms of opportunities and goals.
I scored around 60% of my goals with standards

I would be very happy to receive your suggestions.

leeds.thumb.gif.1651617ba7602a6b3e45f9ac75e9414f.gif

Edited by Saargamer
  • Saargamer changed the title to Please show me your Leeds United formations
vor 3 Stunden schrieb Experienced Defender:

Sorry, but I don't understand what the above sentence is supposed to mean ???

I scored about 60 % of my goals from free kicks, corners and penalties

Edited by Saargamer
56 minutes ago, Saargamer said:

I scored about 60 % of my goals from free kicks, corners and penalties

Okay. 

7 hours ago, Saargamer said:

leeds.thumb.gif.1651617ba7602a6b3e45f9ac75e9414f.gif

The first problem with this tactic is a lack of wide support on the left flank - your LB is too conservative in this setup, given the roles in front of him. Change him into WB on support.

Another problem is the AF up front. Given that you have an attacking IF, you need your lone striker in a deeper role. It can be either an F9 or DLF or TQ in this particular setup. 

I cannot comment the rest of the tactic because I don't know what's your idea in terms of playing style. I can only tell you that your defensive instructions are potentially very risky - a combo of higher DL and more urgent pressing under a high-risk mentality. Are your players at Leeds good enough to offset that level of risk?

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Experienced Defender:

Okay. 

The first problem with this tactic is a lack of wide support on the left flank - your LB is too conservative in this setup, given the roles in front of him. Change him into WB on support.

Another problem is the AF up front. Given that you have an attacking IF, you need your lone striker in a deeper role. It can be either an F9 or DLF or TQ in this particular setup. 

I cannot comment the rest of the tactic because I don't know what's your idea in terms of playing style. I can only tell you that your defensive instructions are potentially very risky - a combo of higher DL and more urgent pressing under a high-risk mentality. Are your players at Leeds good enough to offset that level of risk?

Because of long-term injuries my best elf currently looks like this.
I am currently the favorite in almost all games.
With a few exceptions, my opponents are behind.

Do you have any tips for improvement, I really appreciate your opinion

leeds2.thumb.gif.773008d2678c13488a63a02a3f2c70aa.gif

6 hours ago, Saargamer said:

leeds2.thumb.gif.773008d2678c13488a63a02a3f2c70aa.gif

6 hours ago, Saargamer said:

Do you have any tips for improvement, I really appreciate your opinion

I never use asymmetric formations, so I fear I can't help in this case. Btw, I don't understand why have you changed the entire formation in the first place when you just needed to change the tactic (not the formation).

I am a few seasons on in my save, but got the Leeds job with 6 games left in first season and got promotion. So I'll throw in a couple of suggestions I found helped. I also use the same formation as this as my 'underdog' set up (I have a 4231 as an 'attacking' one)

So, White, I find, performs well in a 'Cover' duty. This also allows you to play a higher line. Cooper is fine as CD/Def. My wide defenders are either FB/Sup or WB/Sup although I have found WB/Sup as the marginally better.

Phillips, I have found performs better as BWM in the MC strata rather than the DM. I got in a  DLP to play in that strata early on. Shackleton can become a beats in a couple of seasons, I play him as Mez/Sup - he loves to get forward.

Klich wasn't in my squad when I got there, if you have Bazoer in the U23s he develops well (can't remember if he was in the initial squad or not)

As far as the front three go, if Nketiah is still there on loan, do all that you can to keep him as an AF. If not Taylor will develop pretty well.

I then used Costa as an IF on Attack on the right, with Clarke developing very well as a Winger in that slot too and brought in Luca Connell as a Winger on the left.

To be fair, both my Full Backs have been replaced, I brought in Bonifazi to central defence, Gollini as GK and have made a number of changes, and season four with the club it looks much different,

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Snorks:

I am a few seasons on in my save, but got the Leeds job with 6 games left in first season and got promotion. So I'll throw in a couple of suggestions I found helped. I also use the same formation as this as my 'underdog' set up (I have a 4231 as an 'attacking' one)

So, White, I find, performs well in a 'Cover' duty. This also allows you to play a higher line. Cooper is fine as CD/Def. My wide defenders are either FB/Sup or WB/Sup although I have found WB/Sup as the marginally better.

Phillips, I have found performs better as BWM in the MC strata rather than the DM. I got in a  DLP to play in that strata early on. Shackleton can become a beats in a couple of seasons, I play him as Mez/Sup - he loves to get forward.

Klich wasn't in my squad when I got there, if you have Bazoer in the U23s he develops well (can't remember if he was in the initial squad or not)

As far as the front three go, if Nketiah is still there on loan, do all that you can to keep him as an AF. If not Taylor will develop pretty well.

I then used Costa as an IF on Attack on the right, with Clarke developing very well as a Winger in that slot too and brought in Luca Connell as a Winger on the left.

To be fair, both my Full Backs have been replaced, I brought in Bonifazi to central defence, Gollini as GK and have made a number of changes, and season four with the club it looks much different,

Hello,
thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately I have neither Nketiah nor Taylor in my squad.
Could you please post me your standard formation and your outsider formation.

Thank you very much

I am not at my game computer for a few days, but I have a 4231 Wide on Attacking Counter Pres and a 4141DM WIde on Balanced (sometimes Positive)

Striker is Advanced Forward Attack, flanks are a Winger Support on the left, and usually and IF on Att (or a Winger Attack) 

AMC is an Attacking Midfielder on Support

The two CMs are often changing, but in the 4231 I usually have a BWM on Def, and a DLP on Support - if  I am chasing the game or going full gung-ho then a Mez (Shackleton)

In the 4141, the DM becomes the DLP Support and one of the MCs a BWM - Def with the third being a flexible option, so BBM or Mez usually.

Back four fairly similar in both formations, either two DC on CD-Def, or, if needed White as a CD - Cover OR a Ball Playing Defender on defend or any combination really - depending on opposition strengths.

Full backs usually supporting duty, either as WB or FB depending on how 'attacking' I want them to be (again this decision is made pre-match when looking at opposition reports).

The GK plays his most comfortable Role/Duty - cuurently my GK Gollini is a SK on Attack - which works well behind a higher LoD.

TIs are a movable beast and I tweak these for the opposition, but for the most part I never drop deeper than a standard LoD, Line of Engagement usually Higher. Intense pressing and 'Disciplined' are the mainstays. Most others will be adjusted.