Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Alistair Skewes

Football Manager 2020 Touch Switch - Legacy Context Menu

Hi all,

We just wanted to set off a thread to highlight one of the key additions we've made for the 20.3 update on Switch after feedback from you all on the forum.

Under the Preferences screen, we've included a "Legacy Context Menu" toggle; this allows you to alter the button mapping for the context menu.

For FMT20, we changed the context menu to be set on the "-" button. However, we then received some really valuable feedback from yourselves on the forum, and as a result of this, we've now allowed you to change the context menu back to the "X" button if so desired. 

It became clear that a lot of people were used and accustomed to using the "X" button for the context menu, but we were also reluctant to change it back completely due to the negatives that might then have for new users to the game on Switch. We hope this provides a good compromise.

Any feedback on this change would be greatly appreciated and extremely useful moving forward.

Thanks,

Alistair.

That's a cool addition. I'm new to FMT on the Switch but I agree that the context menu button was not easily accessible. 

Does this mean that the contextual buttons are also changed when X was an option?

Thanks!

25 minutes ago, ivosilva said:

Does this mean that the contextual buttons are also changed when X was an option?

Yes, so if you toggle to 'X' it'll perform all the usual functions that "-" would normally (the context button essentially performs as a "right click").

Ooh I didn't even know the - button did anything! lol thanks for this Alistair! the UI is the best one yet this year! :thup::D