[FM20] When the 'Well runs over...

metallimuse

28 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Newgens next month and I'm very excited by it. I've also been experimenting with my excel figures and findings and I'm looking forward to the end of the season and sharing them with you.

You're making fantastic progress with both the team and the club!

I look forward to reading your musings.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

March 2033/34

image.thumb.png.b889bb4faea7903c1dd086c2ab3611fb.png

Well, some 'L's for the column this year at last.

I rested my star performers ahead of the Real Madrid game when playing the Arabs and it showed as my cavalier attitude to the game caught me out. 

We performed admirably against Real and there was no shame in my defeat, however it was sad to crash out at the first time of asking after the groups.

We lost to the Bhoys towards the end of the month but managed to get back to winning ways against the Gers which has left us fifteen points clear with six games to go.

image.thumb.png.4a8d7dcafc800924020547e21fdc1bae.png

image.thumb.png.d90019f42d5f7928b54b443b867af6cf.png

April 2033/34

image.thumb.png.62d3ddf4f57760178f9f9aabb2567f5e.png

A big win over Thistle in the final league game before the split has all but wrapped up the title now, five games left and only one point needed to secure it. Expect quite a few loses coming up as I play fringe players and kids to have a look at them.

A thrilling back and forth contest against Rangers in the Scottish Cup Semi Final went our way as we triumphed. We now have a mouth watering Lanarkshire derby in the Final as we will face Hamilton in the last game of the Scottish season.

image.thumb.png.80563aecd25c0bafaa605cea36a75d8e.png

image.thumb.png.df88fb74a84a8ddab70bfe1f00e77ac4.png

Top 6 Split 2033/34

image.thumb.png.0760d207ca344d6129b21cdb2b6b2016.png

Well with only one point needed to secure the title I decided to just play the kids in all five games.

Up came Duncan McCroary who Spurs are sniffing around, Liam Ross my best newgen this year, Steven Maguire who I signed from Ayr last season along with George MacDonald, Kieran McLeod and Craig Milne who were the best of the rest.

The call ups all performed incredibly well and the results above speak for themselves. Liam Ross got three goals, McCroary and Maguire one a piece.

This has really given my cause to ponder as some of these kids have the potential to be great but I'm so focused on trying to secure the Champions League at all costs in the next few years that I'm not sure if I will be able to give them the opportunities and chances they need to really step up and become those players.

Anyway, we can ponder that later.

We went back to a full strength team for the Lanarkshire derby Scottish Cup Final and we rode out comfortable winners to secure a famous double.

And that's it for the season. The yearly review will follow soon.

image.thumb.png.95aad167f60f3974fdb7d242140ec2bd.png

image.thumb.png.c6646b61d00c5ad56b9541a204379cb3.png

Season 2033/34 Review:

image.thumb.png.5dcecd4fe0b780e9b702901b9a47412a.png

image.thumb.png.e50dcdd59664ab411da0ed2b1aad1c42.png

image.thumb.png.7bdb6e2ae0e699bfeb28db4a60ab80d3.png

image.thumb.png.c327d7a500e5f1b0903501cbc34fea09.png

It's been a great season of football for the fans at the John Hunter Arena this year.

Exciting, attacking football played with a real swagger and goals galore.

The entire squad have contributed to a very high level and we did ourselves no injustice in Europe.

We accomplished a double this year which was great and only narrowly missed out on a treble, losing on penalties in the Betfred Cup final to Celtic.

Some of the youngsters have made some big leaps this year but we will cover that in the detailed squad review coming in the posts after this one.

Overall, can't complain about this season and I think we did well in Europe despite not reaching huge heights.

Lets see what this summer brings and if many big clubs come after our stars.

Edited by metallimuse

Squad Improvements 2034: Detailed Analysis

first team.PNG

So moving on a bit from what I've learned in @_Ben_'s thread, here is a snapshot of my 1st team's stats a year on with +/- against everyone to see how they've changed over the twelve months.

Anticipation in the squad has gone up the most with passing, composure and vision all just behind.

In terms of stand out individuals Declan Maguire has improved the most and he's probably ready to become 1st choice right back if de la Mare is tempted back down south by the team's sniffing around him.

reserves.PNG

Passing, first touch, vision, work rate and stamina have all improved well over the course of the past twelve months amongst the players I've got available in the reserves. The big prospect at the start of the year Andy Masson has already been promoted to the first team as he outgrew the squad.

under18s.PNG

The under 18s are coming along nicely and a few in there are giving me food for thought.

These views have given me a really good idea of what's happened over the past 12 months and moving forward I think will help to dictate transfers more as I learn to truly evaluate the squads outside of the first team.

The views will change in later posts though as I have devised a different way of judging the players and their improvements based on what I need from them for their individual roles. Despite this I thought it would be good to post these up still so you can see what's happened and see where the level of the squad is.

Edited by metallimuse

Season 2034/35 Preview:

image.thumb.png.c6039102fbfb734e092217966ae1aea3.png

Another season, another year the bookies predict us for third. When will they learn?

image.thumb.png.a4c5336efa42bb7b15b56d407a2ff97d.png

The board for the first time have requested we challenge for the title but we do that anyway so no worries there.

I'm still not able to ask for a stadium expansion yet but once that is an option we will be asking. Last season we recorded our highest average crowd at 35,000 odd which is only a 1000 short of capacity so I'm sure we can pack more in.

There has been no transfer activity as of yet and surprisingly I don't think there will be unless anyone comes in with big money offers and I need to replace someone.

My goals this year are as always, League and Europe. I'm slightly less optimistic about Europe this year but we'll see how we get on.

Next post I'll be debuting my new player analysis so hopefully you like it and we can see just where the squad and club is as a whole with development.

Season 2034/35 Player Analysis:

So here is my new in-depth player analysis system.

After learning how to go about something like this in @_Ben_’s amazing thread what I’ve done is compile a spread sheet for each of the roles and the stats important to them that I employ within my starting eleven. I’ve also kept @_Ben_’s own ‘Club DNA’ in alongside this as I started to monitor those stats originally and it makes a lot of sense to have them.

This is very rudimentary and I’ve just selected the attributes that the game itself says are preferable for the role so over time these attribute monitors may change depending on what I might consider important for the role or indeed any advice that anyone gives me in here.

So following on from the stats that you see I’ve then added the points up in the column directly after and then in the final column we have a percentage of how good they are at that role statistically speaking.

I’ve then graded the players out of 5 with regards to their stats as you can see below:

Key.PNG

So, let’s have a look through the club.

For the moment I’ve included everyone from under 18’s to the first team in the view as I found it easier to do all in one batch seeing as this is the first time I’ve ever done anything like this.

Keepers.PNG

So first up are my keepers. Probably the strongest position on average at the club I’d say. It was a shock that Cesar didn’t score higher but he’s been very dependable, as has Leitch in all honesty. I have no concerns over them minding the net but obviously when the time comes for either to be replaced then we will use this tool to scout and try to root out a gem. In saying that though they are both still young for a goalkeeper so hopefully we will see their percentage increase by this time next year. The two young lads I wouldn’t be scared to use in the cup runs if I had to looking at their results but they probably won’t make the cut if I’m honest.

So next up is my CWB right options.

CWBR.PNG

De la Mare is considered only just a SPL player, young Declan Maguire only just short but he’s still a teenager and will improve massively. He already has in just a few years and with his first team exposure last season.

BPD.PNG

Central defence, Ball Playing Defenders, is well stocked but again none of high level as per my analysis. This is where the first interesting find has come though. Look at de la Mare’s percentage. He is actually better rated in this role than playing out on the right. He’s actually rated better than Betzer who in game is described as a wonderkid! I don’t think I’ll be moving him inside just yet due to how many I have for the role but certainly if some players leave I know I have him who can move in.

Lots of options for CWB left.

CWBL.PNG

Both my first team squad players just squeaked into SPL level.

Next up we have Regista’s and again both Stevenson and Karabasevic make it as SPL players and wonderkid Betzer would have no worries stepping in if injury strikes us.

Regista.PNG

I play Mezzala’s in midfield and is an area that I thought I was quite well off in…

Mezzala.PNG

Turns out I’m right. Again, very surprised to see how well Kudela would do there. Young Masson is ranked very highly here but I’m playing him as a poacher, but as you’ll see soon enough that’s not such a bad thing.

RMD’s are how I have my wing play so let’s have a look at how the right wing looks.

RMDR.PNG

Karaoğlan is my ONLY player who has broken the 70% glass ceiling I seem to have. I’m playing him on the left though but the rest of the options are all still of SPL quality.

So RMD on the left…

CWBL.PNG

Also SPL quality and turns out Veliz could do a good job out here if required.

And finally my poachers up top.

Poacher.PNG

Masson is a hair away from breaking that 70% glass ceiling and he was only called up to the first team towards the end of last season. Young McCroary in the reserves isn’t far off SPL level either. Bircevic who I play out on the right wing is also a very good option up top it seems as well.

So there we have it.

Interesting to put this together. I genuinely thought my squad was stronger than it is.

At the start of last season I was saying that the squad was strong and that I thought we could be competing strongly in Europe but on these findings…not there yet. Not by a long way. But then, maybe my scrutiny is too harsh?

Not quite sure what to make of it yet. It’s been a great tool to see where players can slot in and what suits them better as opposed to what the game tells me but I’m not sure what to make of the percentages. The players are all very young yet with no one of age of their ‘prime years’ yet so let’s see how they change or not over the next few years so we can then know what we are looking at a bit better.

Edited by metallimuse

August 2034/35

image.thumb.png.d3448fe7150affbd162d83b68607341e.png

A great pre-season has given way to a blistering start to the season.

A big away win in the Lanarkshire derby to kick things off means the supporters were making their way home singing in the streets before a difficult game against Aberdeen in which we came from behind and Veliz got the winner in the 91st minute meant we still have to be sure to concentrate and not take things for granted.

Hamilton again, this time in the Betfred Cup, was a much tighter affair and we had to rely on penalties to see us through but I'll use anything to make sure we advance and can compete for more silverware.

A game against Caley Thistle rounded out the month and another three points meant that at the end of the first month of the season we sit top of the league already.

image.thumb.png.097b53fae33f2cbcf47fe0a207594a51.png

image.thumb.png.65c1a5741423645d4b67f49025aeb7de.png

Only a couple of games in but it's lovely to see my players dominating the player charts for the league and shows you how sexy are football has been.

Summer Transfer window 2034/35

image.thumb.png.7637e0ea4ee3b500ff90b29a6fc88aac.png

Just realised I forgot to share this update.

A couple of deals of note occurred during the window with two strong squad players departing.

With the emergence of Nathan Aitken, Budinauckas has departed as he needed more game time as a 25 year old and I couldn't give him it.

George Morris also left as I decided to go with a slightly smaller squad due to my player analysis findings with players able to slot into different roles quite comfortably.

Cidmar has joined but in all honesty is a mistake. I signed him 18 months ago but didn't pay attention to the join date and his development has stuttered in that time and he doesn't hold a work permit.

He's currently on loan in Israel where we will monitor his development before trying to apply for a work permit.

image.thumb.png.d96415dade8fce5852fec20d7add1f42.png

September 2034/35

image.thumb.png.965782052a6053e06da755cbcae6a50f.png

Another 100% domestic month with some beautiful football on show again. We really have hit the ground running.

We entertained Sporting Lisbon in the first game of the Group Stage of the Champions League in what was actually a very dull game.

The Jambos were dispatched in the Betfred Cup Quarter Final which has set us up with a Semi Final against Dundee, quietly confident of reaching another cup final.

Injury has ravaged me as I head into October though with Pablo out for the month, Zoran Bircevic and Veliz both out for the next two weeks. There's an international break though so hopefully they should be back before we take on Celtic at the John Hunter Arena.

image.thumb.png.b7fb5cad8fd8bbf10fabd6ae259a82b5.png

image.thumb.png.14d19df9f110ad58482e921c129cac6c.png

October 2034/35

image.thumb.png.290900b549730ed0751d2f900caad793.png

Another 100% month and we are absolutely setting the world alight.

A win over Celtic has meant that at this early stage we are now ten points clear at the top of the table and look absolutely unstoppable at the moment.

We really are playing some beautiful, expansive football. Spraying passes all over the park, turning defence into attack at the drop of a hat. Our goal difference is massive and the fans are watching some of the best football Scotland has been treated to since Celtic's Invincible period under Rodgers.

We are picking up wins in Europe as well and we aren't far of securing our place in the Knock Out rounds.

As you can see below, my players are dominating the charts again.

image.thumb.png.a72ced2232ef14d33baa347cd728f947.png

image.thumb.png.f120eeab418e64f94042458bd915beda.png

November 2034/35

image.thumb.png.e7ed49afa4603188ee8d1bd46e43ed7a.png

We still remain undefeated heading into the festive period and we've officially qualified for the Knock Out rounds of the Champions League.

Our 100% record in the league went this month as we slipped up and dropped points away to the Dons but obviously being undefeated we are still in an incredibly strong position and if things carry on we could be looking at breaking some league records.

We over came Dundee in the Betfred Cup Semi Final and we know face Celtic in the final next month.

The highlight of the month came with a Veliz hat-trick in the Lanarkshire derby, a game that could be at risk as they find themselves bottom of the league.

As you can see from the stats below, our players are lighting up the league this year.

image.thumb.png.4bbebd18b290bd5f093355b769e68685.png

image.thumb.png.40a22ad8cf871fae32a97b76021958d6.png

December 2024/35

image.thumb.png.c2772e596ebe2457419575c9ffe1bcc7.png

We've navigated the hectic festive month with aplomb and barring a disaster I'm gunna say the league is already won and we'll secure an easy double.

The race is now on to get our first treble.

We finished off our Champions League group with style as CSKA were put to the sword, Andy Masson getting a hat-trick.

Celtic were also slayed in the Betfred Cup Final as we claimed our first silverware of the season.

In the league we dropped points to Hearts mid-month and Celtic at the end of the year but other than that it was smooth sailing all month with goals galore. 54 goals in 20 matches is an unbelievable return. Our defence is also the meanest in the league only being breached 12 times so far.

image.thumb.png.2aabde3f2d0a4d399c4ed8833875e973.png

image.thumb.png.705ea8ba9d8898ab79d73a3d8bfadd0e.png

image.thumb.png.9d5475e3526b0e79b0e23c07f1e020bf.png

Winter Transfer Window 2034/35

image.thumb.png.f6cf32c1412a9a1efe64704af16c5f10.png

Some big moves in this window as star player Karaoğlan leaves the club for Arsenal for a record fee.

We didn't want to sell but clubs have been sniffing around which he had little interest in joining but when the bid came in he expressed an interest so I didn't stand in his way, we manged to get a 40% future sale clause so hopefully that comes back in the future.

We have Veliz how can fill in on the wing plus understudy Krychowiak who was previously a starter and I have no fear in using. He is also being courted though and I expect he may go in the summer window.

Steven Knight also left as he wanted more game time and a better contract as his was up in 18 months. I thought about it and didn't think he was worth it and decided to cash in.

As a replacement for him we brought in this boy from Argentina...

image.thumb.png.9f68164a27072236b47a3e6284fa778c.png

Now, he's not actually a complete wing back but he had a 75.25% match for the role so I will be playing him there and retraining him. He has a spirited personality and a media description of a wonderkid.

January 2034/35

image.thumb.png.7e5572496cb416c0094924026a8b0c54.png

A 100% month as we continued our march onto immortality and a invincible treble season.

A huge win over the Hibees the day after New Year meant we started the year in style, just as we ended things last year. A hat-trick by Veliz and a debut goal, three assists and a sending off for Loto were the highlights of the game.

Another six goal thriller in the Scottish Cup over Cove Rangers followed by a four one win over Dundee had confidence sky high before a very tough Lanarkshire derby brought us back down to earth but the boys dug in and a goal from Karabasevic on the half hour mark gave us the three points.

Something that I only noticed this month is that after a shocking run of results Rangers are in real danger of being relegated as things stand!

image.thumb.png.b5be284035a880328eb8a50173ebcadb.png

image.thumb.png.953aa4189d442adc85c4a90314e297d0.png

February 2034/35

image.thumb.png.234142644f1beafa876cf39728da36df.png

Well our Invincible run is over.

We lost to second placed Hearts to break our run. We were poor in the game and easily second best so we can have no complaints. 

We were again poor in the game against Caley and I was worried that the floodgates had opened but we bounced back with a win over the Buddies to restore our confidence heading into the big Champions League Knock Out game against the mighty Barcelona away in the Camp Nou.

We put in a good performance against the Catalans and were one up until the half hour mark before eventually going down in the last fifteen minutes.

Obviously still top of the league due to our strong form and we have St Johnstone in the Scottish Cup Quarter Final next to keep the dream of the treble alive. FYI, the Old Firm are already out so the treble looks to be very much on.

image.thumb.png.fd184151d68126ea0a502aababba5ecc.png

image.thumb.png.9f9acafa58ea2e776cd4a9ff86d31cd8.png

March 2034/35

image.thumb.png.8be4192464563f63d90aa4c9bae29aec.png

A good month overall.

A little stutter against St Johnstone in the Scottish Cup Quarter Final as we needed a reply to get through. We've got Dundee United in the Semi Final next month as our march for the treble gathers pace.

We lost at Ibrox in the league but racked up an empathic five nil win at home against the Bhoys later in the month before we hosted Barcelona in the Champions League second leg. We played well and managed a on one draw to send us out again on aggregate.

We've got one game left before the split and depending on results could win the title in the game.

image.thumb.png.b95ce795a4a09b87a037a8daa7cb85e1.png 

image.thumb.png.0621b32572e59cb42523bcd4948239a1.png

Our players have dominated the charts over the season.

April/May 2034/35

image.thumb.png.6013239f31ffa9bbb943d0c3ca78342e.png

A fantastic April made way to a poor May as we were already champions and played the squad players and youngsters to get some game time up.

We played both Dundee teams early in April, Dundee in the league which was more comfortable than the score line reflects and Dundee United in the Scottish Cup which was just as comfortable as the score line reflects. 

We won the league away at Ibrox playing them off the park and then lifted the title at home after a boring draw with the Buddies.

We finished out the rest of May with poor performances until things got serious again with a game against already relegated Kilmarnock in the Scottish Cup Final for a chance of a historic treble...

image.thumb.png.80f7b2be4d39ac54a2dc28f91e510f94.png

History was made!

image.thumb.png.daeb93745bd5eb6581ebd7f7c3799606.png

image.thumb.png.585b5ba81888726891f513cbe04d8ae0.png

Season 2034/35 Review

image.thumb.png.0a902d4ab675590daac870324bf0bf34.png

image.thumb.png.6dde1296283b3fcc2bf53f1cda285686.png

image.thumb.png.fe576abb70d77b1783cd67b7e6b2f923.png

image.thumb.png.b63cfaa15dada5ac8fc8e99ed36afaa5.png

A superb season for the club this year as we won a historic treble, the first in the clubs history and the first club outside of the Old Firm to do so.

The entire squad was on fire and lit up Scottish football this year. This squad domestically is unrivalled and can dominate for years.

In Europe I thought we did well again in the group stage but again we were unlucky to draw one of the Spanish heavyweights straight out of the gates in the Knock Out rounds.

Veliz and Masson were in lethal form up front for us and Krychowiak despite starting the season as main back up was incredible for us with ten goals and ten assists.

Betzer was a rock in defence and I'm sure he will be off this summer as his agent demanded a buy out clause in his contract so if someone comes in with £25m he'll be away, was always going to happen though.

End of Season Player Analysis 2034/35

So here’s the first end of year squad review with the new data analysis.

Key.PNG

First up, keepers…

Keepers.PNG

César and Flynn have actually decreased ever so slightly with Leitch and MacLeod up a couple of percent. Newcastle have been sniffing around César so if a bid comes in then I might have to start giving it some serious thought.

CWBR.PNG

Tyler de la Mare has dropped a little bit with Maguire up a bit. I’m quite happy with both of them though so, unless de la Mare has a wish to leave, I won’t be shopping around for replacements/improvements over the summer.

bpd.PNG

So turns out I’ve been playing Karabasevic in the wrong position all season. Signed him as a regista but turns out he’s the best ball playing defender at the club and breaks the 70% glass ceiling.

Slight improvement’s over the year for most but wonderkid Betzer has dropped ever so slightly. We’re in a strong position domestically with the defence though so I won’t be chasing any new signings unless players leave.

CWBL.PNG

So here we have a second player rated over 70% with Loto.

I’m a bit disappointed Huanchuli hasn’t improved much but we’ve got plenty adequate cover if injury befalls us in what is notoriously a tough position to fill.

REG.PNG

Karabasevic is considered the best regista at the club with Betzer second and Stevenson third. I’m toying with swapping Karabasevic and Betzer around next season looking at the data.

MEZ.PNG

Midfield is an area that I’m considering investing in. Loto is considered my best player and I’m playing him as a complete wing back, something that I’m going to persist with.

Masson is also one of my strongest players here but he’s being used as a poacher, again something I’m going to persist with.

Campbell, McLaughlin and Burchill are all strong here though and I’m thinking I might give them the benefit of the doubt and stick with them to monitor their improvement.

Here’s what my right wing looks like and I’m sad to see that Zoran hasn’t improved much. In fact Burchill has now overtaken him. Véliz can also do a job.

RMDR.PNG

This could be a position that I strengthen.

RMDL.PNG

Krychowiak has improved on the left as has Spink while out on loan, Véliz is also very capable but again, this could be an area money is spent.

Poacher.PNG

Masson is by far my best option up front which is why he isn’t being used in midfield. Véliz is still banging the goals in despite little improvement and I need to see if I can get a work permit for Cidimar as he’s turned into a decent prospect while out on loan.

So there we have it.

No huge improvements but some definite food for thought with regards to positions for a couple of players and redeployment.

The wings look to be the place where I need to invest so we’ll see what happens over the summer.

Let me know what you all think. If players are good enough, what area’s you think need improving, what you think to the analysis as I’d be interested to know.

@_Ben_, would love to know what you think of my attempt at analysis.

Edited by metallimuse

Summer Transfer Window 2035/36

image.thumb.png.f29bfdfb4b81dff8224ba2c69d620a3e.png

Some good business so far in the window ahead of the first game of the season,

de la Mare has been sold as a big transfer bid came in which I viewed and thought we can sign better.

César also left to Leeds as I thought Leitch was just as good and giving him game time to become number one would help with having starters for my youth quota for the Champions League.

Both left for £27.5m each which is a record breaking fee received.

We broke our record fee paid as well for this fella...

image.thumb.png.f6c683b511b3603e00abd478c0da3cf2.png

...signed to play out on the right as I said previously we could do with an improvement.

We also signed this fella...

image.thumb.png.fb0930b1955a5809b3a395d6d8b3dcb4.png

...who will be retrained to play as a right complete wing back as his stats are exactly what I'm looking for for that role.

10 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Would love to know what you think of my attempt at analysis.

I really like it!

I think you may be analysing quite a lot of attributes - but that may turn out well for you in the future, even if it does make recruitment much harder.

Obviously - the % is a guide and I, too, have noticed some players who would make better centre backs than midfielders, but the rating does not take into account things like height, etc.

I'm interested to see where you take it from here!

Season 2035/36 Preview:

image.thumb.png.8093f4f64e548b6da8356a96d72e682e.png

First time ever the bookies have made us faves to win the league!

The board expect the following...

image.thumb.png.1144988aed28fc288349b2d65af1106b.png

First time they've ever expected us to win the league so from now on I've got to really perform to keep my job.

Nothing has changed with my expectations, the league and Europe is what I'm looking at.

I don't expect us to win the Champions League but I'd like to see us get further than the last couple of years.

Domestically I'm not chasing another treble but I expect the league and the cups are a bonus.

2 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I really like it!

I think you may be analysing quite a lot of attributes - but that may turn out well for you in the future, even if it does make recruitment much harder.

Obviously - the % is a guide and I, too, have noticed some players who would make better centre backs than midfielders, but the rating does not take into account things like height, etc.

I'm interested to see where you take it from here!

I'm just using the games highlighted attributes for each role currently but I'm thinking as I progress I will start editing that to what I think moving forward. For instance agility is something I'm currently judging for complete wing backs but I think I may drop that moving forward, like wise dribbling for my regista may get dropped.

August 2035/36

image.thumb.png.c73f6317a7003eeb819b3be2342c751f.png

A fantastic pre season has given way to a fantastic start to the season as we make it five wins out of five including a thrilling win away at Parkhead to really lay the marker down.

Practically all the boys are firing on all cylinders with only a handful not on a green average performance rating.

We are through to the Quarter Finals of the Betfred Cup as we look to retain and will face the Hibees at home for that one.

The Champions League Group stage has been drawn and we've been handed a tough group with Juventus, Chelsea and Rosenborg this year. Be interesting to see how we fare this year. 

image.thumb.png.da0181241b6c2be8f3400dd831f54ee7.png

image.thumb.png.2120a22ec9c6197e945530731a337cf8.png

Summer Transfer Window 2035/36 Update:

There has been further activity before the window closed :eek:

image.thumb.png.95f80014be5f1f134dfe7889d1f44868.png

After five years big Kudela has left. He came to me concerned over his work permit saying he wanted to leave so with only a year left on his contract we cashed in for a £5.75m profit for what we bought him for. He served us well at a time when I was taking my first steps with shopping abroad to bring better players in before eventually selling for profit.

My back up left back Huanchuli came to me under the same circumstances as big Kudela so he too was sold after five years of service also, this time a profit of £9m.

This has left me very short at the back so I hope we stay injury free until January and my scouts are know casting their eye's over 19 potential stars that excel has identified as being over the 70% glass ceiling.

The excel spreadsheet has also had a revamp today so even though we've just started the season there's that to look forward to later :brock:

September 2035/36

image.thumb.png.1678e395209ff50bd9b8e1755222eea9.png

Another solid month although we did drop some points at home to then second placed Hearts as we drew nil nil in an exciting game.

We had to go to extra time to dispose of Hibs in the Betfred Cup Quarter final which is a shame as we are really stretched at the back and could of done without the extra minutes.

Two big wins kicked off the month with a hat-trick for wee Pablo in the Dundee game and a hat-trick for Masson in the Rosenborg game.

We finished the month off with a win over the boys in blue at the John Hunter Arena to keep ourselves top of the league.

image.thumb.png.2ead8b7ddb5ac3922d1cadf29be4a4c5.png

image.thumb.png.05dbbe8561306f13041393187ecd51bf.png

A few of the boys again in high positions in the individual stats for the league.

October 2035/36

image.thumb.png.78c67e64d499b1daf31eaeed4f39fed2.png

Still half of our Champions League Group campaign to play but it looks like we are playing to ensure we drop into the Europa League at this point now.

Defeats away in Turin and London has meant we stand little of making it into the lucrative Knock Out phase.

I don't know what to do with Europe. We have plenty of money but the thing is nobody of Champions League quality will look at entering negotiations with us so I'm worried that the save may stagnate a bit now. Maybe a good run in the Europa might capture the imagination.

Wins in the league have kept us top before a double header of Lanarkshire derbies at the end of the month saw us stay top and also make it through to our third consecutive Betfred Cup Final, currently an unknow opponent as I write but it'll be either the Bhoys or the Jags.

This month saw a few of the reserve boys come into the squad due to lack of numbers and injuries. Craig Milne at right back has done well and Ross Hutton and Duncan McCroary have both found the net.

image.thumb.png.4563b673a0fe6b402a8b2bf8a745ed34.png

image.thumb.png.cb3572a7f697671891dbd0b7874a05cd.png

November 2035/36

image.thumb.png.1aff2593f18c4f709f7262c5d78f85db.png

A poor month by our standards.

A good win started off the month with Véliz bagging himself a double in the win over Dundee United.

We held Celtic at home in the league next with a very even and back and forth game before we went to Edinburgh to get three points to keep us top of the league.

Due to the on coming game against the Bhoys we played a second string team in the game against Chelsea thinking we'd be beaten anyway but we were even poorer than I thought we could be and failed to register a single shot on goal all game.

We really slipped up by only managing a draw against Rosenborg away which leaves us only two points ahead of them in the group and in danger of finishing last when the dust settles after the next game.

image.thumb.png.965d391483b7b15043af7a1b3c37e964.png

image.thumb.png.41ff9afb48ff599b940cd76b5960c9d8.png

It's been a tough month and my enthusiasm is starting to wane with the save. I've sent the scouts out and got a list of players to go through and analyse over the next month to see about possibly bringing in some reinforcements in the winter transfer window. 

In truth, I'm actually fearing this busy festive period as with the sales earlier in August on deadline day I think I'm going to be found out with my lack of depth.

Everyone I’ve uncovered in my search for players to take us to the next level has proved fruitless.

The players are either at top German/Spanish teams or in the EPL already earning wages there’s no way I can match.

I don’t know where to go with the save at this point.

On 29/04/2020 at 23:07, metallimuse said:

Everyone I’ve uncovered in my search for players to take us to the next level has proved fruitless.

The players are either at top German/Spanish teams or in the EPL already earning wages there’s no way I can match.

I don’t know where to go with the save at this point.

Id check for transfer listed players. Sometimes youre lucky and the wages are not that high..

1 hour ago, Carambau said:

Id check for transfer listed players. Sometimes youre lucky and the wages are not that high..

After my week away I've come to the realisation that unless I spot players at a very young age I'm not going to be able to entice top drawer players here regardless of my finances.

I think what I'm going to have to do is be smarter with my tactics and I've made some changes.

I've read a few threads and watched some YouTube videos and realised that my current tactic is far to open in midfield with two mezzala's and a regista coupled with two attacking complete wing backs. I've now changed to one ball winning midfielder defending and an inverted wing back on the side I have my mezzala to cover. I might get rid of the mezzala altogether after next season, I'm going to give it a season in Europe to see how I get on.

We'll see how things pan out.

December 2035/36

image.thumb.png.96352ee9f27f257d5cd01abf0396c297.png

A very strong month after some time away from the save as our league form was impeccable including some important wins over forth place Rangers and third placed Hearts, who Celtic actually dropped points to this month, which has meant that I've managed to increase my lead at the top of the table to five points over the Bhoys.

Heartache in the Betfred Cup Final as Celtic ran out comfortable winners I'm afraid so a double treble is off the table.

We literally player kids in the game against Juva to keep the lads fit for the Rangers game, I even played a 17 year old goalie in central defence to make up the numbers :lol: 

image.thumb.png.7917616e362ef1d8f2b6d51118b62b2a.png

image.thumb.png.0730f85d2a300020ca4fa3bd9f91b821.png

Edited by metallimuse

Winter Transfer Window 2036:

image.thumb.png.3bc3b8077b9a9702c47ad223c74db0c7.png

Sadly Gastón Véliz has left us after three and a half magical, goal filled years. The wages on offer in China were too much for him to turn down. We made £25m profit on the deal though so as sad as I am to see him go, and his head was turned, the business was good.

I'd already lined up this fella to bolster the midfield before the Véliz deal anyway...

image.thumb.png.752188cfa94da3e974a572bb13820e1b.png

A player in his prime years so should help in our European exploits.

With Gastón Véliz off I'm going to play Pablo down the left as an inverted winger as cover for Krychowiak when he needs a rest.