[FM20] When the 'Well runs over...

metallimuse

1 hour ago, Carambau said:

Fantastic! Well done! Congrats for a great season :)

Cheers pal. 

Very very happy with it. Especially the pittance I have spent and yet managed to mould a squad to finally win the big one.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Season Preview 2025/26

image.thumb.png.2bcc34ad1c99d611a5a2e40f02bff17b.png

Preseason done and some decent results but of course, not competitive games so not really important.

The board want this for the season ahead...

image.thumb.png.fa7a700af68dd974c88fa27f50f31de3.png

...achievable.

For me personally looking ahead, the league is the most important thing. Again I would like European football after Christmas but that will be a bonus more for the coffers than anything else.

I haven't signed anyone in the preseason and not sold anyone of merit, a few youngsters who would never make it have left for lower league teams. I'm putting my faith in the youth academy again and am keen to see the youngsters kick on and really become the bedrock of the squad.

Here's an over view of the squad...

image.thumb.png.f91e42b9b9935e324ba981aa671d3a10.png

image.thumb.png.2135b12ba807724fdc6422d4d32f421f.png

Opening game of the season is upon us so lets see what we can do...

Oh for fu…...

image.thumb.png.d507f43d8f651357124c98b0c3a5ecb1.png

Well, that's definitely harder than we would of liked but lets see how we go.

In all honesty I think we're playing for 3rd and even then unless I pick up a result early doors these games could result in me just playing the kids and really focusing on getting a second SPFL title and resting players.

August 2025/26

image.thumb.png.ab84fb552c1aba861bd9047f1dbcd47a.png

The new season has begun and we have carried on our title winning form by brushing aside all that have come before us.

A cup win with the kids against Championship side Ross County means we will face Rangers in the Quarter Finals of the Betfred Cup. A tougher tie at this point then we would of liked but hey ho, I think at the moment we have to start believing we are one of the big boys along with the Old Firm so no fear and lets go.

A tough opening day fixture against Dundee kicked off the season, a third minute goal from Sandy Irvine sealing it for us.

Next, another tricky game in the form of Hearts away was next and again Sandy found himself on the scoresheet as we rode out 2 nil winners. Celtic immediately tabled a £22.5m offer for him and I managed to include a 40% future fee clause as well, we are still waiting to see if he accepts their contract terms and leaves or not.

St Johnstone and Caley Thistle were also brushed aside this month and we march on top of the league by three points from Hearts, five clear of Celtic.

image.thumb.png.69a9a7ccc67f074247e31b96fbb40969.png

Celtic next in what will be an early outlier of where we are as a team as we ride the wave of our title success.

Edited by metallimuse

September 2025/26

image.thumb.png.664780d2e9c210f2287ce9e3c2422d66.png

After the bravado of my last post and talk of my title winning form this month has brought me back down to earth.

A very tough month, in all competitions.

In the league we first hosted Celtic and managed to secure a nil nil result, considering their status I was quite happy with this but on reflection they had a terrible month in the league after so maybe that was two points dropped?

We went to, at the time, bottom club Dundee United and ran out comfortable winners but the score line isn't reflective of the game as we were 2 down until the 62nd minute when we turned it around. Some say it was the rocket I fired out from the side lines but I prefer to say it was the gentle encouragement I gave the boys.

Finally in the league we faced a stubborn Hibs team at home who were so tough to break down and in the end we couldn't. We had to accept a nil nil.

Keeping it domestic, we had Rangers in the Betfred Cup and eventually went down to an injury time 20 yard rocket into the top corner. A tough pill to swallow but as I said, the league is what we want so I'm prepared to give this up and not dwell on it too much. You can't be mad at pure genius.

In the Champs League we lost away to Real Madrid.

That's multiple time champions Real Madrid folks. Against Motherwell.

It happens.

Not even mad.

Next...

image.thumb.png.f62362da4a15af15dd1d0744db9da714.png

Second in the league to Gary Neville's Hearts!

Long term though I have no worries about over turning them. It's pleasing the gap we have over the Old Firm.

October 2025/26

image.thumb.png.bd7623e9b8dc7ede30307d1dc707743f.png

A much better month for the lads with only one defeat and that came at the expected Champions League game against Man Utd.

Carrying on the Champions League theme we pulled off a huge upset with a win at home to Roma to give us hope we may finish third.

Everyone domestically was brushed aside as we march on  in the hope of two in  a row, the Old Firm slipping further away, Gary Neville's Hearts being our main threat, will they carry on and make a go of it?

image.thumb.png.719cd60a69c0b575b6ea5676c33b4c79.png

November 2025/26

image.thumb.png.663dcea67e4521e8c4f75f078b14fd48.png

A tough month again for the lads which on reflection was probably down to me rotating so much. A few of the more experienced lads have come to me complaining about a lack of game time.

Further losses in Europe have meant not only are we out of the Champions League but out of Europe entirely this year. But come on, that group was ridiculous :idiot:

Domestically we have done what was needed and wins against Dundee and St Johnstone along with a tough nil nil at home to still second place Hearts have cemented our status on top of the pile.

The Old Firm are having a shocker this year and lost 7 games between them.

image.thumb.png.af7370abec224e8849bbbc7ef5028486.png

image.thumb.png.5bc62f1fca746cac94c3b82c8eb77611.png

The festive period approaches and I remain confident we will still be atop of the tree come the end of it. Big game soon against Celtic though this month.

December 2025/26

image.thumb.png.e9e8fd053ec1e017ec0ffa7ecb6dfd99.png

I must have been a naughty boy this season as Santa definitely did not bring me anything nice this festive period.

December started out brightly with a two nil victory at home to Caley Thistle, goals from McManus and Gill sending us on our way in a game in which we prevented them from even mustering a single shot all game.

We played the kids in the dead rubber against Man United to keep the big game players fresh for the trip to Parkhead...

...turns out I shouldn't have bothered. We were utterly dominated and Celtic camped out in our half the majority of the game making easy work of us.

Draws against Hibs and Aberdeen followed before a return to winning ways at home to bottom placed Hamilton.

image.thumb.png.69e38addf89ab058929e387af8e9dfcf.png

Still top of the tree though, by a point. We have a game in hand against Dundee United at some point also to hopefully increase that to 4.

Hearts have dropped off now largely due to their inspirational manager Gary Neville leaving to join, of all teams, Leeds United.

January to navigate now and I'm interested to see how the transfer window plays out. In all honesty, I'd quite like a few big boy teams to come in and cherry pick my squad for a good price. I'd quite like the challenge of rebuilding the side.

Edited by metallimuse

January 2025/26

image.thumb.png.a5512e9d2d07326ec38e9095019ef61a.png

The heat is on and we've risen up like a phoenix from the flames and come roaring back this month.

All the green with just the one yellow at home to Rangers which meant that we temporarily lost our lead at the top to Celtic.

We started the month proper by welcoming League 1 side Cove Rangers to Fir Park for the joy of the Scottish Cup. They were obviously no match for us and we [ushed them aside with ease in a rampant 4-1 win.

A see-saw match against eleventh placed team Killie at Rugby Park followed with us coming out on top before relatively high flying Dundee came to town but we made short work of them and put them to the sword in a dominating four nil win.

The Rangers game was a very dull, tawdry affair that after the high scoring games of previous this month was a tough watch for the fans and me.

The Saints were the last team to come to Fir Park this month and the fans were treated to a dominating display to make up for the Rangers game, the only negative coming in the form of a three week injury to first choice right back Jordan Williams. 

image.thumb.png.e862e2aa815f033cf0e7b75f0866c720.png

February 2025/26

image.thumb.png.85a220fb612009344ce17a8ade314ee3.png

Another strong month for us in the month of my birthday, a great birthday gift to receive.

Our league form was exemplary including a big result with regards to our one nil home win against Celtic. As a result we finished the month seven points clear at the top with eleven games to go.

We made tough work of our Scottish Cup run as we drew an exciting game against Hibs and then needed penalties to finish them off at Easter Road. We then laboured to a nil nil away to Championship team to Livi so we'll need another replay to hopefully see them off next month.

image.thumb.png.086e3df5516918aa095fe3b409c4bcda.png

We're close to back to back titles, an incredible achievement for us. In 7 years I've only spent £400k in the transfer market while bringing in £27m and yet I'm duking it out with the Old Firm and holding my own.

The backbone to this years form has been our defence, meanest in the league. I've felt our strikers have been off the boil this year but the squad is chipping in to make up.

image.thumb.png.d7abae3c24c4a2fd867d3bb1db5b4285.png

March 2025/26

image.thumb.png.de436693d0ea6ec142fbf51e77c8a373.png

Title winning form folks!

Still the meanest defence in the league and now we are also joint top scorers.

We won our cup reply against Livi so we now have Rangers in the Scottish Cup Semi Final in what is a season that we are starting to believe could be a double winning year.

Players are hitting form and we're making it look very easy in the league as teams have been brushed aside with utter dominance in terms of goal mouths being under threat. We still give up a lot of possession which is a by product of our tactics as we move the ball at pace up the park but we are really causing teams lots of problems.

The last game before the split is Rangers and if we can win that I think the title is ours.

image.thumb.png.dc5e8f4db44670bc0f1216b4bea2dcb2.png

image.thumb.png.4cac0f4b03d8e5b221f0b74d6d209ec6.png

April 2025/26 pre split

image.thumb.png.06e546e17e7ca1aec7fdf29c6e49c0a1.png

Well I didn't get the win over Rangers in the league as we lost at Ibrox in a very even and close game.

We got our revenge a few days later in our Scottish Cup Semi Final after another close game went all the way to penalties, young German Ferdinand Hornig on loan from Bayern Munich missed the all important spot kick. Dundee United await in the final who are trying to achieve a Cup double this season after winning the Betfred Cup.

As we head into the split the title race is going down to the wire and indeed we face Celtic in the last game of the season!

image.thumb.png.6e1eadbc180e67c3f6619c2c542e04bd.png

image.thumb.png.d9f6e1efce253d854cf41d9f88837e59.png

Top 6 Split

image.thumb.png.2301d93920562e67aea5f4cce0a3e952.png

We did it!

Two in a row.

Hearts and Rangers were brushed aside with relative ease it has to be said as the boys really had the bit between their teeth in the hunt for our second league title. A draw with Hibs followed and I feared a final day title decider but Celtic slipped up away to Rangers and suffered a heavy three nil defeat to all but guarantee us the title.

A wet day at Fir Park did nothing to dampen the spirits of the punters as we strolled to a two nil win to seal the trophy, goals from Bob McDonald and MJ Williams putting the game to bed.

I did the usual and played the kids for the dead rubber against Celtic and gave debuts to a few of the new intake which resulted in a heavy defeat but we didn't care, we are still champions of Scotland.

A historic double sadly was not to be as Dundee United won their own double with the Scottish Cup going alongside their Betfred Cup for this season.

image.thumb.png.1e476aff2b23613f77cedd4d890c77a7.png

image.thumb.png.94ae51a7aa1e80cccefbdfd569db1f71.png

End of Season Review 2025/26:

image.thumb.png.b50296d335567edf4412ee9c46fc7eb5.png

image.thumb.png.20b9fdd3b97ee55b1dac981e40530792.png

image.thumb.png.aa86d255ba17e289ed5fd04273b5a423.png

A strong campaign this year as we really pushed on and established ourselves as a strong force in Scottish football. 

We were strong in the league and the cups if a somewhat disappointing showing in Europe but I still maintain that group was ridiculous.

Pre Season 2026/27:

image.thumb.png.be0a37c675de929b619f8faa8caf9306.png

Firstly, Liam Polworth was allowed to leave after 7 exemplary years at the club as he sought a new challenge after achieving all he thought possible at the club. We wished him all the best and allowed his contract to run out.

No new signings over the summer but Ross Doohan and youth academy graduate Cammy Hall have left.

Doohan was valued at £400k and I managed to bring in £250k, signed him for nothing so it's a profit but I'm annoyed I couldn't get more.

Hall was valued at £1.1m and yet nobody wanted him and he eventually left to Championship team Arbroath on a free.

I signed a Director of Football in the hope he would have some joy but no. You might recognise him though...

image.thumb.png.fda35a001b7a9c8a162d7d5fb397819a.png

So, here's what the board want...

image.thumb.png.10629e443038abe4144b878a8c8bf942.png

Easily achievable depending on who we draw in the cups but I'm confident of qualifying for the Champions League again at the least.

Personally, the goals are the league for three in a row, a strong showing in Europe for the cash monies y'all and then hopefully snatch a cup to win our first double/treble.

I think I've got a great core squad here with great prospects coming through all the time so I have every reason to think we stand a good chance of really pushing on and being dominant.

Our friendlies went fantastically as you can see and we are ready to start the campaign for three in a row.

image.thumb.png.abb2b88d6eacdfcc9192e16c6ebcfa0b.png

August 2026/27

image.thumb.png.bad1b657f4bde093dc207a4541f2b6e9.png

Kicked off the domestic season with an away game to who is arguably going to be my biggest foe, Celtic.

They've spent big over the summer, £58m after bringing in £32m. As you've seen, I have spent less than £500k in my eight years at the club. So make no bones about it, we are defo punching and it's probably why at the start of each year we are predicted to finish third...

image.thumb.png.9e61239941162e73e8debddea21a468d.png

But off we trotted to Parkhead and in a frenetic opening game we walked away with a point and a five week injury to club vice-captain David Turnbull.

Next up were a dogged Caley Thistle team who despite going one down in the first five minutes were all over me. James Scott got us a second on the half hour mark and we shut up shop and rode out the storm for our first three points.

Next up was Championship team Dunfermline and we rotated the squad and had to tell the journalists after how happy the coaching team were with the players that came into the side after an empathic win, Greg Noble getting a hat trick in the process.

Kilmarnock and Hearts were then put to the sword as we marched to our usual place at the top of the table :brock:

image.thumb.png.0a4887886c98d942a26a27b7a084e6f9.png

Now some of you may have spotted above one of our foes in the Champions League this year but here is the full group...

image.thumb.png.645cda1be834591e1b481323dc310574.png

...:seagull:

Right guys I need some advice.

As I showed on the front page I only have the English and Scottish leagues loaded but I'm having real trouble moving unwanted players on.

My question is, do you think I should load up a few more leagues in the hope that I get offers coming in?

Traditionally only English teams come in for Scottish players so I'm not sure if it will work? It will also result in a slower processing speed and I'm enjoying the speed with which I'm getting through seasons.

Other than that the only thing that I can think which will drum up business is to have a stronger showing in Europe but you've seen the groups I've been getting drawn in, it's so difficult.

I've got a few players up for renewal this year who are older but still worth millions but nobody is buying, if I do nothing the only thing I can do to move them on is allow them to run their contracts out and we should really be a selling club given our status.

Help!

Many views on here and thank you so much for that but little comments, take the plunge and help and give me some support/advice.

Following the lead of the excellent @_Ben_ thread on here I have teamed up with Royal Excel Mouscron in Belgium to start out a more global campaign of trying to discover excellent youngsters to enter into our setup and push us to the next level. Although in all honesty I'm not sure how it plays into the hard Brexit which I have in my save, anyone able to offer advice?

image.thumb.png.4d5e5d4901068867496f14df62d6d86e.png

September 2026/27

image.thumb.png.c38a49a8d9ecc0d3f5cfe144c15eda94.png

A good month domestically again thankfully.

Despite the narrow score line we dominated Raith Rovers who bagged a consolation goal in the last five minute's.

On the home front Dundee were next up and we made easy work of it as we restricted them to only five shots all game.

We played Caley Thistle in the Betfred Cup Quarter Final next and it was a far easier game this time around despite the fact we went one down in what was practically their only attack all game. Next up in the semi's we will face the blue half of the Old Firm.

We then in fact went to Ibrox in what was a see saw game and went one up inside ten minutes before being pegged back. Luckily Sandy Irvine popped up with his second goal of the game to give us the win to keep us two points clear of the green half of the Old Firm.

In Europe it was a case of more of the same as we went to Paris and lost to PSG before hosting Dortmund and managing a draw to at least put some extra money in the coffers. 

With no more facility upgrades planned this year we should be able to really boost up the bank balance this year I hope.

image.thumb.png.e2d440968a624d948cadcaada49c9306.png

October 2026/27

image.thumb.png.c36a4433c0009dbefcc83e3b30b3dde2.png

Building on from last month, not just a great month but a SUPERB month this time out!

Started out with a tricky win at home to the Dons which saw us go one down and really have to chase the game but we had that steely resolve to come peg them back and eventually get the winner to see them off.

Hibs are fast becoming our bogey team and again we slipped on their banana skin and dropped points away at Easter road. The redeeming factor being that Celtic hosted Rangers the same day and only managed a draw as well to keep our lead intact.

We then hosted Napoli in what was really the crunch game of the group for us. A decent result here and maybe we could think about possibly trying to secure a third place finish and get Europa after Christmas.

That is exactly what we did with goals from Allan Campbell and Sandy Irvine, my two star players, making the difference and Fir Park was rocking in what will go down as one of those magical European nights.

St Mirren and the Arabs were then taken to task and it was made all the more sweeter as Celtic dropped points by leaving the Granite City (Aberdeen) with none.

So, five points clear at the top of the table by the end of the month before we went to Hampden to take on Rangers for the chance to reach another cup final, the Betfred Cup.

We needed extra time but we did it and who else but that man Sandy Irvine again! Really rising to the top with his game this season again and it's no surprise that reports in the media that Celtic are sniffing after him again.

image.thumb.png.f5de4667af9751550c86f8d1ac8f4559.png 

Undefeated in the league, in a cup final and doing reasonably well in Europe...can we keep this form up?

November 2026/27

Could we keep that form up?

giphy.gif

That's a big yes.

image.thumb.png.b254a0038d79e9a109e2536777bb340d.png

Undefeated all month including to Champions League ties! We are assured of European football next year and with one game to go only a point separates me, Dortmund and PSG...we might have Champions League football next year :idiot:

In our domestic games we had a BIG game at home to Celtic and coasted through it. I mean, we barely broke a sweat at the back all game. Comfortable, comfortable two nil win for the boys.

To put that last match into context, we found it tougher away to Caley Thistle and that's nothing to do with the fact we couldn't understand their highland accents :ackter:

Last up this month was a home game with Killie which again was very comfortable and we really are looking like the champions elect even at this point in the season. The notoriously tough festive period is upon us though where we find out the men from the boys, the cream from the crop, the...Ant from the Dec...???

image.thumb.png.5c5d53b1df3021299d257664226ae325.png

"Let's get ready to rumble..."

1 minute ago, Rikulec said:

They've been producing some decent youth on my save, hopefully they turn out to be useful for you!

That is good to know.

Maybe I will have better luck selling on the kids from these affiliates then the Scottish conveyor belt I have.

December 2026/27

image.thumb.png.c90576ff2f1f2bfdc5fee50800ace5ea.png

Well...it couldn't last forever could it?

It started off with an easy win against Gordon Brown's favourite team, Raith Rovers, away in Kirkcaldy on a miserable Wednesday night to rival Stoke.

Then we faced a murder's row of Celtic, Dortmund and Rangers in games which would have a massive impact on my season.

We lost our first chance of silverware as we lost to Celtic in extra time in a far more even game than last time we met.

The knock on effect of that was the lads were knackered for the trip to Germany and we sadly couldn't get the result we want. Europa League football after Christmas it is then.

We then welcomed second place Rangers to Fir Park in a game to either get a large gap at the top or a lead so narrow you'd need to double take to be sure of the standings.

In the end we got neither as we both set up shop and neither team really went for it, both keepers got tested for a pulse after the game as they so seldom had to move.

We got back to winning ways after that though and Dundee, Aberdeen, Hibs, St Mirren and the Arabs again were disposed of. Rangers however could only manager to draw in games against their fiercest rivals Celtic and Aberdeen which has left us eleven points clear!

image.thumb.png.bd08f511fdb16e91f33a0c53845eaa53.png

image.thumb.png.bf951743387bb8860b95e6d189a5661d.png

The meanest defence in the league again and also amongst the goals, that's title winning stats ;)

Oh, and the small matter of being undefeated also :D

In other news, long standing academy graduate Barry Maguire has asked to leave as he wants a new challenge.

image.thumb.png.0acffd603eb9c9271185151e26c60b7c.png

He's not a regular starter but gets good game time as a utility man and as an academy graduate and constant strong performer when called upon I thought he might be a one club man. Sadly it's not to be.

He's happy to leave at the end of the season but I offered him around and despite his strong average rating, being worth over £7m and in the prime years of his career, I still couldn't get anyone to bite even at offering him for £4m. 

Really frustrating.

If I get no bites he will sadly be offered a mutual termination at the end of the season to allow him to leave. 

January 2026/27

image.thumb.png.e6b0a45ad8f9784281d67ac03de48280.png

Another winning month for us in our quest for title number three.

We returned after the winter break (which the chairman wouldn't let us go for a warm weather training camp, tight b*****d) to our traditional Scottish Cup tie.

Championship side Queen of the South hosted us and didn't stand a chance as I selected our strongest possible team to give them game time to bring back fitness levels.

We faced a tricky Caley Thistle team again and this time they gave us a right game of it. I think they are giving us the respect they would normally give the Old Firm which is why they are so difficult to break down.

Next up we went to Parkhead which should be even trickier aye? 

NAW!

Easy work facing this Celtic team in the league this year and despite the narrow score line we absolutely pumped them. Rangers are the ones to beat this year but until this game I hadn't realised just how bad the 'Tic are this year, they are twenty one points behind us!

Finally, Raith Rovers came to town and I piled further misery on them by taking all three points. Sad to say that their return to the SPFL is going to be all too brief as they remain routed to the bottom of the table.

image.thumb.png.2b80b0b627273746291f8df9517a1a56.png

Europa League draw occurred and we go to Italy to face Torino, a team with a Scottish link as Scottish Hall of Famer Denis Law played for them many years ago.

A winnable tie I feel.

February 2026/27

image.thumb.png.6c2c1b1f4b63313a28e76f3774408ac6.png

On and on and on and on we go...

We are relentless this year as we march towards title number three. 

We dropped some points this month to fourth placed Hearts and to second place Rangers but other than that it was wins all round on the domestic front. You could argue we were lucky to get the point at Ibrox as we scored with our only shot of the game but this leagues best defence, although breached once, stood firm and we came away with a point and more importantly did not concede any ground to the Ibrox outfit.

Wins were played out in the Scottish Cup against lowly League 1 side Montrose and Championship outfit Partick Thistle and our reward for this is a Semi Final tie with Rangers in six weeks time.

We had a return to European football this month as well when we welcomed the suave Italians Torino to Lanarkshire. A strong first leg victory stood us in good stead as we went to Italy after and lost but went through on aggregate.

Our reward is a second round knockout game against old foes West Ham, who knocked us out at the same stage two years ago. I think this time we will give them a tougher game. 

image.thumb.png.c205b86ffa3e94745ae683f21323e7cc.png

Youth Intake 2027:

Here's what the Head of Youth Development says...

image.thumb.png.52616375852fd0f3d2cb02bc05fce4f1.png

...and here's how it looks...

image.thumb.png.2afcda25064eee310ab741a092f681c0.png

A really good crop thankfully...and we actually got that keeper this time around :brock:

Looking through the boys the stand out looks to be...

image.thumb.png.8e24baf9476a0e435cce463d63ed2a2a.png

March 2026/27

image.thumb.png.f3243f005531c0c689d16589aa8d090a.png

A tougher month this month then what we've been used to for the most part this season  but we still remain undefeated domestically.

We faced off against West Ham in the Europa League and despite my optimism before hand we really didn't make much more of a game of it then last time out and they ran out comfortable winners over the two legs in all honesty.

Domestically, last seasons banana skin Hibs came back to haunt us this month as we dropped points to them and Aberdeen also which was a bit frustrating but these disappointments were the bread in the sandwich of two huge wins over the Buddies and the Jambos as we carried on the march towards title number three.

End of the month, one game to go until the split, and we find ourselves still ten huge points clear and I can see no other outcome other than a third successive title in a row.

We also have a Scottish Cup Semi Final to navigate with Rangers on the horizon in the oncoming month in what we are hope will be a multiple trophy year.

image.thumb.png.e1d6b355fc7afaf8bba9a15a18460066.png

Pre Split

image.thumb.png.0ebbf03c39bbcf0111f7d367fa2210da.png

Two games before the split to discuss.

We had faced off against the Arabs at Fir Park in the last league game before the split in what turned out to be a walk in the park. An easy game in which all five goals were produced from the youth academy but that is hardly an uncommon thing nowadays, the majority of our squad has come from this incredibly productive breeding ground.

Sadly, the dream of multiple trophy's this season is over again for another year as Rangers done us in a wet Hampden square go. Irvine scored a peach in the 87th minute which was ruled offside...I declined to comment for fear of a sanction.

On to the split and we could actually win the league in the next game against Rangers in what is a possible genuine title decider...

image.thumb.png.0a98449e6b504564cf8d61c8075d2cf2.png

Top 6 Split:

image.thumb.png.b33cba70530c5f5805b0d3170032c8e3.png

CHAMPIONS!

giphy.gif

Our third league title in a row was secured with a late two nil win in front of our own fans at Fir Park for a magical experience for the supporters. It's been an incredible domestic season so far in which we are undefeated and wrapped up the league with four games to go :applause:

image.thumb.png.c022e6d3f13f0f267bdabf5135c327a5.png

But I'm not one for such platitudes so staying true to my beliefs I played the newgens and squad players for the remainder of the games to give them some game time.

Got pumped in all the games other than nabbing a draw against Hibs, Rangers lost their passion though after losing the title and we still won the title by 7 points.

image.thumb.png.16c7bbb75b26dc0337121fda9c38d538.png

Season 2026/27 Review:

image.thumb.png.98306d12fd9cafd19de5eceafdc65bf3.png

image.thumb.png.21febeaaf23371e6c7a7b38f910d7ae2.png

image.thumb.png.5b289a15d66be9914bddb9cb901d3aa3.png

image.thumb.png.84ac96d3832a44c0e10c413948529325.png

A real strong showing this season.

A cup final appearance, semi final in the other domestic cup, ran away with the league and a decent European experience this year.

We increased our capacity at the start of the year and it's pleasing that it's still 98% full. We need to really ramp up our capacity and fill the stadium so we can manage our finances easier as at the moment we are relying on prize money.

With regards to the squad, the academy graduates of the past few years are now solid performers and I was really happy with how they have all performed. How could I not be with how dominant we were over the domestic season.

The board were delighted with my performance and I have been rewarded with a new five year deal.

Can we beat Celtic to 10 in a row...?

Summer 2027 Update (part 1)

image.thumb.png.28bd5e8ab56c644177ff9f9aea9f4f61.png

Well after adding a few playable leagues due to our overseas affiliates I'm happy to report transfer activity has become a lot easier.

It has been a summer of upheaval at Fir Park as no fewer than nine players left, all big first team players.

MJ Williams left on a free at the end of last season and then eight players went for a club record transfer income of £59m.

Some players left as they thought they were too big for the club (Noble), others ego's were getting out of control (Irvine), some wanted a new challenge (Maguire) and some I just wanted to move on due to their age (Bass, Coxe, Williams) and the youths coming through (Senior, MacDonald).

As you can see above I have not reinvested the funds back into the team and have decided to stick with my youth academy graduates. Here's an over few of the squad from youngest down...

image.thumb.png.111da6cb727829145823c60a8deb5310.png

So, the current ability of my squad now is far weaker than our previous few title winning campaigns but there is still great potential amongst the majority.

Is this a risk? Without a doubt.

Can I win my fourth straight league title? I mean, I could.

Will I? I don't think so.

So why have I done it?

I prefer to work with youth. Simple as that. This was always meant to be a game of bringing through youngsters before selling them on as is typical in Scottish football, certainly for outside the Old Firm. I'd like to obviously keep my best for as long as I can and attempt to win the Champions League but I feel that that is quite a few years off yet. I'm still at the building stage yet despite my now rebuilding...if that makes sense?

As a side note, my entire 23 man squad is now derived from my academy which is a great source of pride. I'm not against going out and splashing the cash if the right player comes up though.

Summer 2027 update (Part 2):

So this is where I have taken the club infrastructure to...

image.thumb.png.3bce3a03bc45e3e9d2fa213c027c17fe.png

This season I will spend some of the money we have made improving our training facilities and then we should be operating as a state of the art outfit.

You'll notice amongst that as well that the board are looking for a site to build a new stadium, this will help to grow the club massively in the future and hopefully I can keep bringing the fans in with success on the pitch and we can even expand the capacity. I'd like to see us playing in front of 35,000 fans at home each week.

image.thumb.png.ba52dc7687eb443e192ad5976cd008da.png

We now have three affiliate clubs and I plan to grow this further over the coming years so that we have access to quality young players from all over the world.

image.thumb.png.7308d8b8e823bedd5af5bbb89a13530c.png

The club is in a very good place right now and primed and ready to really make strides towards a higher plateau.

Season 2027/28 Preview

image.thumb.png.524691fc8a2b3f4ec489eb483eff9668.png

As always, predicted third. Considering all the players who have left this summer though, I'm not actually to aggrieved about it.

image.thumb.png.d317464cf7ede5c187d9482112796cbd.png

The board, again, are being very reasonable and despite my past three titles only expect me to qualify for the Europa League.

So what do I think for the season ahead?

Well...the average age of my player is 20 so this is a very young squad. I think the title might be a touch out of reach this year if I'm honest but I'm confident of a Champions League spot come April next year.

I'd LOVE to get my hands on a cup this year, I think that's a very achievable target. I'd really like the Scottish Cup if I'm honest.

Europe, I'd like the football God's just to be kind to us and give us a group that we can have a right tussle in instead of seeing the draw and thinking "Ahh for fu…"

Let's see what these boys are made of then...

August 2027/28

image.thumb.png.0d3a83778995e9c4616f082cf88cef07.png

"You can't win anything with kids." Alan Hansen, August 1995

Well, excuse me Alan but my season has started off very brightly with the kids.

It really has been an eye opening start to the season. A one nil opening day victory over Celtic astounded me. We certainly rode our luck as only two of our ten shots were on target but our older heads guided the kids through with Turnbull, Gill, Scott and Rea all playing out of their skin.

We hit the ground running on our trip to Rugby Park and found ourselves three up on the astro turf within fifteen minutes. They managed to pull a couple of goals back over the game but we saw it out to get the three points.

Betfred Cup action next and we needed extra time to see off the Dons in an exciting Cup game. The highlight of this being a 20 yard screamer from left back Mark Rea. We've got the Saints in the Quarter Finals now.

Aberdeen came to town again, this time in the league, and we made easier work of it this time as we rode out 3-1 winners.

At this point my ego was running away with itself and I was calling myself a genius before the Arabs came to town. I was top of the league and my inexperienced team was looking menacing. United pushed me close though in a very even game and in the end we shared the spoils in a nil nil draw.

End of the first month and I'm joint top of the league thinking this might not be such a tough season after all with these boys.

image.thumb.png.2f24abc0118b0e34bc8386b8f7fbd24f.png

The Champions League draw has occurred...

image.thumb.png.b2f385e8a6a1cd7394729f67a9f6d0c1.png

Not sure what to make of it. Last years squad I'd have said second easy, this year...defo European football after Christmas :brock:

As an aside, only 6 of my 23 man squad were required to be registered, that's how young the squad is :lol:

Edited by metallimuse

September 2027/28

image.thumb.png.fda2bb7405bd3679b6d5861fa02b1aac.png

A tricky start to the month as we stumbled to another nil nil draw, this time against Edinburgh heavyweights Hearts.

Next up was the start to our European adventure with a home game against what I think will be the group whipping boys, and I was right. A happy night at Fir Park as a double from Bob McDonald and one from Eardley sent us top of the group.

The early marker game this season was the trip to Ibrox to take on top of the table Rangers. An inspired performance from Bob McDonald again gave us all three points as he bagged himself a famous hat-trick to send us top.

We navigated a tricky cup tie against the Saints before we hosted the Buddies at Fir Park and Big Bob bagged himself another hat-trick to keep us top. Folks are starting to call him the new Frank Lampard.

A reality check ensued as I suffered one of my worst ever results in my FM history as Diego Simeone's Spurs absolutely pumped me worse than foie gras...

:ackter:

image.thumb.png.98d7b2612eb544acab3df50599960fde.png

October 2027/28

image.thumb.png.53dee79c1c48d875f0a0af4b19f175a5.png

Another strong showing this month and we've opened up a bit of a lead at the top of the SPFL, a little sliver of daylight between us and the rest.

First up was the return of the Lanarkshire derby as we travelled to Hamilton for the first time in a year. Truth be told it was a dull affair, hopefully next time out we can treat the fans so they can get bragging rights around town.

Hibs in the league next at Fir Park and another Mark Rea thunderbolt from 25 yards out sent us on our way to the three points.

Zizue's Porto came to town next. It will be between us as to who finishes second and a very even game ended nil nil.

Two away games followed both with the same score line, 2-1 with us being on the right end of it.

Finally this month was the Betfred Cup Semi Final against Hibs. We easily outplayed them with chances created and we will now play Dundee United in our second Betfred Cup Final in a row.

image.thumb.png.727f0dcbae0979806eafadf3b1871c52.png

November 2027/28

image.thumb.png.1d5457929ac2929c4f13e5c68c29426c.png

Aye aye aye...tough month this time out.

Started out with a loss away in Portugal. They scored in under ten minutes and we chased the game the whole way but just couldn't get the equaliser.

Next up a trip to Parkhead and we almost came away with the three points but they got a 93rd minute equaliser :rolleyes:

We were again on the road as we made the trip all the way up to the north east to face Aberdeen and again could only manage a draw.

More airmiles under our belt as we went to Belgium to face Genk and finally this month managed to record a win, Turnbull getting the all important goal.

Our first home game was also the last game of the month as Kilmarnock came to down and again we laboured to a draw.

Three league draws has seen our lead at the top disappear and all that separates us and Rangers is one solitary point.

image.thumb.png.e9b7a87ea4a6b51aa5bb4a48d5e9a837.png 

We face Spurs in our last game in Europe and technically we could still be in the Champions League after Christmas but it's more likely to be Europa.

image.thumb.png.3aa9b4a2250f4fdda6b48143e9687d17.png