Attendances Based On Location

I had read a while back that attendances are dictated based on location.

The context is starting a new challenge game with say, Salford. As they are near a major city, Manchester, the scope for increased attendances is far greater than a club outside a major region or city.

Does anyone have any evidence to back that up? Interested in starting a new challenge but would like larger attendances if I can make it through the leagues.

I don't have any evidence for/against this but I have always thought that having lots of bigger clubs around you would be detrimental to your attendances, especially in cities that have Premier League clubs.

I imagine it is more about the reputation of the club and also the area. The higher reputation of both of these would mean more people and this should mean more fans.

I often wonder about how the ticket prices are generated. If this is based on reputation too.

On 26/02/2020 at 16:26, HeartOfMidlothian said:

I had read a while back that attendances are dictated based on location.

The context is starting a new challenge game with say, Salford. As they are near a major city, Manchester, the scope for increased attendances is far greater than a club outside a major region or city.

Does anyone have any evidence to back that up? Interested in starting a new challenge but would like larger attendances if I can make it through the leagues.

every club has attendance set in editor (average, potential highest and lowest). Increase/decrease is related to reputation, city size, league reputation, your results. Salford is around 100k to there's a chance to increase your 'default' attendance. Remember that european cup results will increase it better than promotion to league one.

6 hours ago, Bigpole said:

every club has attendance set in editor (average, potential highest and lowest). Increase/decrease is related to reputation, city size, league reputation, your results. Salford is around 100k to there's a chance to increase your 'default' attendance. Remember that european cup results will increase it better than promotion to league one.

I didn’t know that, cheers for that. I Better stick in with Europe then!

• 1 month later...