Sports Interactive Community
AurioDK

625k vs 32 million? Is this normal?

I got promoted to the Premier League and I am playing at Turf Moor (22k capacity I think) with Gateshead as my new crappy stadium is being built, they build a new stadium for 15k people, from 11 to 15? Turf Moor is filled most of the times (good thing) at my home games but I got sponsorships worth of 625k, in comparison a team like Bournemouth got 32 million. Don´t even want to compare to the big teams who are worth over 200 million in that regard.

Is this normal? I have been 3rd in the Championship for 7 years straight ... I should have built some reputation with better sponsors one would think. I am getting less in sponsorship than most Championship teams.

19 hours ago, AurioDK said:

I got promoted to the Premier League and I am playing at Turf Moor (22k capacity I think) with Gateshead as my new crappy stadium is being built, they build a new stadium for 15k people, from 11 to 15? Turf Moor is filled most of the times (good thing) at my home games but I got sponsorships worth of 625k, in comparison a team like Bournemouth got 32 million. Don´t even want to compare to the big teams who are worth over 200 million in that regard.

Is this normal? I have been 3rd in the Championship for 7 years straight ... I should have built some reputation with better sponsors one would think. I am getting less in sponsorship than most Championship teams.

What gets me more is that Gateshead are playing their home games 112 miles away.

On 25/02/2020 at 17:02, AurioDK said:

What do you mean you're playing in Burnley? I'd like to think it's a protest stand against the Ashley regime but that's wishful thinking.

1 hour ago, Geordieboy52 said:

What do you mean you're playing in Burnley? I'd like to think it's a protest stand against the Ashley regime but that's wishful thinking.

I didn´t make up the rules, I was just told the Gateshead stadium wasn´t up to standards in the premier league. Since Turf Moor is filled during home games I guess lots of the local population watch my team play. Football is football and I have lots of dedicated fans ... :onmehead:

1 hour ago, AurioDK said:

I didn´t make up the rules, I was just told the Gateshead stadium wasn´t up to standards in the premier league. Since Turf Moor is filled during home games I guess lots of the local population watch my team play. Football is football and I have lots of dedicated fans ... :onmehead:

I'm assuming you're not aware of the fact the Gateshead's home ground is less than 5 miles away from St James' Park and 10 miles away from The Stadium of Light...

Lol :) . Same for me. has been playing 7 years in premier league, as Blyth. We also have Turf Moor as home stadium since our own stadium doesnt meet the standard. Only 3 hours away with car :-)

Edited by H_a_a_k_o_n

57 minutes ago, Geordieboy52 said:

I'm assuming you're not aware of the fact the Gateshead's home ground is less than 5 miles away from St James' Park and 10 miles away from The Stadium of Light...

What has that got to do with it though? lol

Just makes playing 112 miles away in Burnley even more crazy.

Yeah i think there is an issue with the sponsorship levels in this game and the speed it takes to catch up when rising through the divisions. There are factors which would take a long time to improve if a small made it to the Prem (such as attendances and some infrastructure), but sponsorship would be pretty quick to at least come up to near the lower reaches of the other teams I would have thought. Mine went down after three consecutive promotions and was lowest from all the 5 lowest divisions in the English League.

How about this one; I'm playing in the Danske Bank Premiership of N. Ireland as Linfield FC, arguably the most successful club there and my wage budget is 15.000 p/w with a sponsorship deal of 26.000. Larne FC in comparison has a wage budget of 89.000 p/w and a sponsorship deal at 9 mill! Even if there was a board takeover by a sugar daddy it seems completely out of proportions in the top division of N. Ireland.

larnefc1.jpg

larnefc2.jpg

2 hours ago, Hrafnsmerki said:

How about this one; I'm playing in the Danske Bank Premiership of N. Ireland as Linfield FC, arguably the most successful club there and my wage budget is 15.000 p/w with a sponsorship deal of 26.000. Larne FC in comparison has a wage budget of 89.000 p/w and a sponsorship deal at 9 mill! Even if there was a board takeover by a sugar daddy it seems completely out of proportions in the top division of N. Ireland.

larnefc1.jpg

larnefc2.jpg

Larne starts with a sugar daddy and they get huge wage budgets thanks to that. The sponsorship does seem strange though, I have managed them before and I don't seem to remember them ever getting that much sponsorship money in the first few seasons.

47 minutes ago, tremeremarios said:

Larne starts with a sugar daddy and they get huge wage budgets thanks to that. The sponsorship does seem strange though, I have managed them before and I don't seem to remember them ever getting that much sponsorship money in the first few seasons.

I wonder if it's trying to replicate the likes of PSG and Man City's "Sponsorship" money

The real world does not throw money at overnight sensations, so since the game tries to replicate real world football, there is no way that a minor team can compete with a top team short term.

I've no idea if you can maintain the success long term, it's possible to replicate the 50+ year it takes the top clubs to get to the current income levels, I simply don't have the patience to play that many years.

PSG and Man City seems to be special exception and I have no idea if the board take over system can emulate those two clubs, but as we see in the real world, both clubs is cheating the system, so I doubt it.

It would be very GAMEY to implement that you can make a overnight sensation club, something SI seems to avoid, everything is based on the holy grail of simulating real world football, not to make a game.