Why disable first transfer window?

This is not about the current bug in the winter update.

My question is why do people disable the first transfer window?  I've never done it before, but I see it as being unrealistic.  The entire world would not decide to just not transfer players during a specific window that is already allowed by the rules.  Perhaps I'm just being daft and not understanding the concept.

Just now, iamnobody said:

This is not about the current bug in the winter update.

My question is why do people disable the first transfer window?  I've never done it before, but I see it as being unrealistic.  The entire world would not decide to just not transfer players during a specific window that is already allowed by the rules.  Perhaps I'm just being daft and not understanding the concept.

Contrary to your statement I believe people do it for realism to reflect real life. Especially for teams like Man City, Madrid etc. Who have already likely spent 100m+ it would be crazy for them to keep spending.

I actually keep the window open just so I can send players out on loans and sell a couple players but never sign until next summer to reflect real life. 

That's the beauty of FM, you can play it your way.

It is a tool to manage the realism I think. When we first get the game on release, all the IRL transfers have happened, the squads are all settled and registered. The transfers, as such, have also happened in FM, except, that deadline day move IRL is actually in the database even though the game date is July.

So, out of the box, the game has all the players in all their real life teams. Once we hit continue, the FM universe rolls into existence and the AI and us make other moves/changes, so that on day 1 of first season, teams could be quite different than those in real life. This can dent the immersion of many players.

So, the option is there to keep things as they are until the January window, as they are in real life by preventing players or AI making any transfers.

I have never disabled the first window myself, but have rarely ever bought or brought in a player (the odd free agent here and there)

I’ve used it for a number of years you have your new signings in your squad from irl transfers.i find it to tempting to sign a host of wonder kids soon as I start a save other wise because you can approach to sign a host of players from under 18squads.i also find it helpful to judge my current squad better players I’d usually get rid of can quite often surprise me into keeping them in my plans that’s imo anyways 

Can be a bit weird in the Winter window where you have a player who joined just before you took over and then is immediately loaned out with an option to buy which is less than your club just paid. Obviously in real life they've had a poor first half of the season or other issues but it is odd when you don't have any of that context in FM.

The board is disappointed to make a loss on player x. Me too guys, me too.

• 1 month later...