Sports Interactive Community
OneManSnipez

FPS in menus tied to mouse movements?

Unfortunately I had to reset my PC and since doing so FM hasn't been running properly in the menus. If I don't move my mouse at all, my fps sits at 66/67 fps without fluctuation. But if i start moving my mouse around rapidly it tries to keep the fps at 144. Before resetting I had no problem keeping the FPS at 144 in the menus and the ME. I have a Freesync monitor but I have the feature disabled, I don't have Radeon chill enabled either. Any help would be appreciated.

This isn't something I normally deal with myself, but after speaking with a colleague I don't believe your issue is a bug.

"That is intentional, on a static screen their is no advantage to maintaining a high frame rate. If you move the cursor and it requires any animations the frame rate will increase"

If I've misunderstood your issue I apologise, ill double check it again, but as far as I've been made aware, there isn't a 'bug' here.

Outside of the match the frame rate will drop to ~35 if no animation is happening, as in intentional

Within a match it will try and match up to 144fps if it can. As of 20.3 in a match moving the mouse shouldn't affect the frame rate