Sports Interactive Community
prot651

How do you make Acadamies work in your game

going to try and do some academies but want to get some clarification on how structure them in my edited leagues 

In my created nation I have 3 divisions with promotions and relegation, I also have an academy league separate from any of the teams to help boost the youth intake. They are in a league that they can’t be promoted or relegated from but do take part in the FA cup. I have them set as ‘An Institute’, amateur and also have their max age set at 21.

Having said all that I haven’t ran the file long enough to see any results as it’s still a work in progress 

The key is to have these clubs in playable pyramid, therefore you'll need to tick add players to playable teams and you'll have always a hefty influx of (talented) youngsters every year. I've posted in request forum the ability for institute clubs to generate players regardless of them being in pyramid so we'll see.

If for example you'll have few institute clubs outside the pyramid - the'll try to keep the same number of players when starting a new save (which in most cases is 0 because usually we don't add players to academies).

10 hours ago, Bigpole said:

The key is to have these clubs in playable pyramid, therefore you'll need to tick add players to playable teams and you'll have always a hefty influx of (talented) youngsters every year. I've posted in request forum the ability for institute clubs to generate players regardless of them being in pyramid so we'll see.

If for example you'll have few institute clubs outside the pyramid - the'll try to keep the same number of players when starting a new save (which in most cases is 0 because usually we don't add players to academies).

So I have a Division 1 and a Division 2 with pro/rel and a third league as Academy league with no promotions aged 16 - 21 and set as Always Amateur … .  When loading the game I set as add players to playable teams .

So is setting the team to always amateur ok or does it need to be professional 

5 hours ago, prot651 said:

So I have a Division 1 and a Division 2 with pro/rel and a third league as Academy league with no promotions aged 16 - 21 and set as Always Amateur … .  When loading the game I set as add players to playable teams .

So is setting the team to always amateur ok or does it need to be professional 

As long as teams have players, doesn't matter if they are amateur or proffesional.

2 hours ago, Bigpole said:

As long as teams have players, doesn't matter if they are amateur or proffesional.

Thanks for your assistance:)