Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Travis Bickle

How many nations do you usually load?

How many nations do you usually load?   

286 members have voted

  1. 1. How many nations do you usually load?



Recommended Posts

England VN/S

scotland L2

wales level 2

N Ireland level 3

Spain, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Holland and Belgium top level only

 

is my normal set up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my current setup, though I often run 2-3 times more countries and could probably do even more than that.

kbg1a3k.pngfV0onaZ.png

YyiKLHt.png

I find the estimated game speed rating to be useless. Theres very little difference between 3 or 4 stars and half a star in terms of game speed. One thing I've realised though is if you play in a country with a extended winter break like Ukraine or Russia and you are running 300k players, then it can be utterly boring for 3-4 months until the league resumes at the speed you go at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, decapitated said:

This is my current setup, though I often run 2-3 times more countries and could probably do even more than that.

kbg1a3k.pngfV0onaZ.png

YyiKLHt.png

I find the estimated game speed rating to be useless. Theres very little difference between 3 or 4 stars and half a star in terms of game speed. One thing I've realised though is if you play in a country with a extended winter break like Ukraine or Russia and you are running 300k players, then it can be utterly boring for 3-4 months until the league resumes at the speed you go at.

I'm guessing you are using a small database to get that figure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I'm guessing you are using a small database to get that figure?

I think I'm running a large one, but i'll check after the spurs-sheffield game for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, decapitated said:

I think I'm running a large one, but i'll check after the spurs-sheffield game for you.

Cheers mate, and how long does it take you to complete a season? I'm thinking of reducing my 50 leagues setup even further but I think I may just be impatient. I'm running a i9 9900k too so I have a good excuse to run a lot of leagues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Cheers mate, and how long does it take you to complete a season? I'm thinking of reducing my 50 leagues setup even further but I think I may just be impatient. I'm running a i9 9900k too so I have a good excuse to run a lot of leagues. 

i'm running an i7 something. It takes around 6-10 hours of gameplay (simulating results not playing matches) to do a season, though its hard to guess as the last season was played in small bursts of time. I acutually started as Hearts in that savegame as well. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, decapitated said:

i'm running an i7 something. It takes around 6-10 hours of gameplay (simulating results not playing matches) to do a season, though its hard to guess as the last season was played in small bursts of time. I acutually started as Hearts in that savegame as well. :)

Oh nice one :D

I'm guessing it takes you at least double the time to play through the season actually playing each game rather than simulating them or do you always simulate the games? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Oh nice one :D

I'm guessing it takes you at least double the time to play through the season actually playing each game rather than simulating them or do you always simulate the games? 

I usually simulate the games, but i've got a 2nd savegame (with more leagues) on the go where I play them so i'll let you know. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, decapitated said:

I usually simulate the games, but i've got a 2nd savegame (with more leagues) on the go where I play them so i'll let you know. :)

Interesting approach. I should probably sim some easy games to move the save on quicker and tbh I'm not great at adapting tactically during games so maybe I'll start simulating a few. I probably take so long because I watch every game in at least comprehensive so it can take a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Interesting approach. I should probably sim some easy games to move the save on quicker and tbh I'm not great at adapting tactically during games so maybe I'll start simulating a few. I probably take so long because I watch every game in at least comprehensive so it can take a while. 

It makes the seasons go a lot faster though you do miss out on how changes within matches by the human player can change things.

 

Heres the details on database size and how long the game took.

 

HblzQyc.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, decapitated said:

It makes the seasons go a lot faster though you do miss out on how changes within matches by the human player can change things.

 

Heres the details on database size and how long the game took.

 

HblzQyc.png

 

Cheers mate. I've decided to stick with my 50 leagues as tbh anything less than that on a i9 9900k is a waste, and I did buy it purely for FM lol, craziness :D

I think once people have their tactics sorted most will avoid playing full or comprehensive each game as that's what takes so much time imo as even with 50 leagues my processing of the days is actually pretty quick. I may even go back up to the 85 leagues I was originally on or even run the lot if I start watching on extended or less, maybe even key or commentary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like to keep the game at a good speed yet only have an average computer.  That means leagues from a handful of countries so I have 'theme' saves of a group of neighbouring countries - UK & Ireland, South America etc with all their divisions loaded.  As I play lower leagues what's going on elsewhere isn't a big issue.  I did once try loading up the top divisions from the big leagues so the Champions League and Europa League were more competative but they added noticeably to processing time and I wasn't interested in seeing what was happening there so I deleted them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I'm guessing you are using a small database to get that figure?

What computer specs have you got mate

 

On 02/07/2020 at 08:15, decapitated said:

This is my current setup, though I often run 2-3 times more countries and could probably do even more than that.

kbg1a3k.pngfV0onaZ.png

YyiKLHt.png

I find the estimated game speed rating to be useless. Theres very little difference between 3 or 4 stars and half a star in terms of game speed. One thing I've realised though is if you play in a country with a extended winter break like Ukraine or Russia and you are running 300k players, then it can be utterly boring for 3-4 months until the league resumes at the speed you go at.

What computer specs are you using mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, jckc221013jamie said:

What computer specs have you got mate

i9 9900k 

16GB Corsair 3200mhz RAM

Nvidia GTX 1660

M2 SSD

Edited by Gee_Simpson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/07/2020 at 10:57, jckc221013jamie said:

What computer specs have you got mate

 

What computer specs are you using mate

r1c0Xjx.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends a bit on what I am doing. When testing/running Iron Curtain (which is what I do mostly for a while now) about 30 countries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I right in saying preseason goes really slow with a large amount of leagues loaded? I didn't notice it last season because I had the 1st window disabled and there was no Euro championships. Running 50 leagues and it's progressing each day pretty slowly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would you say is the minimum amount of leagues you should run if selecting a small database?

@Brother Ben @oche balboa

I'm thinking of restarting as I'm getting really fed up with nobody bidding for my players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

What would you say is the minimum amount of leagues you should run if selecting a small database?

@Brother Ben @oche balboa

I'm thinking of restarting as I'm getting really fed up with nobody bidding for my players.

there's no minimum

in fact the less leagues you run the more small is preferable

personally I always run a small database

Have you thought about trying a different type of save?  Maybe one where selling isn't as much of an issue like the lower leagues?

Edited by Brother Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

there's no minimum

in fact the less leagues you run the more small is preferable

personally I always run a small database

Have you thought about trying a different type of save?  Maybe one where selling isn't as much of an issue like the lower leagues?

Interesting. I'll give it a trial run and see if the market seems busier. 

I would rather wait for FM21 to play a lower league save, as I tend to only play the one save, and because I haven't played FM regularly for a while I would rather an easier save to start with.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just ran a little test with a small database and tbh I found little to no difference, there was not any more interest in my players vs a large database.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/07/2020 at 04:07, Gee_Simpson said:

So I just ran a little test with a small database and tbh I found little to no difference, there was not any more interest in my players vs a large database.

Interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/07/2020 at 04:07, Gee_Simpson said:

So I just ran a little test with a small database and tbh I found little to no difference, there was not any more interest in my players vs a large database.

Think it makes more of a difference over time.  After the first youth intake an already massive database will be flooded with more players.  Mind you I don't think anyone has extensively tested this one way or the other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Think it makes more of a difference over time.  After the first youth intake an already massive database will be flooded with more players.  Mind you I don't think anyone has extensively tested this one way or the other

I may go for the small database despite what I said, just incase it does help over time :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/07/2020 at 22:27, Gee_Simpson said:

I may go for the small database despite what I said, just incase it does help over time :D

Do you have the same issue with previous FM(s)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Groom84 said:

Do you have the same issue with previous FM(s)?

Sorry, what issue are you referring to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mostly just the nation I am playing. Then add players from Europe. Usually its about 65,000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Sorry, what issue are you referring to?

Regarding your quote:

"I'm thinking of restarting as I'm getting really fed up with nobody bidding for my players. "

(when having small/medium/large/Huge+++ database)

Edited by Groom84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Groom84 said:

Regarding your quote:

"I'm thinking of restarting as I'm getting really fed up with nobody bidding for my players. "

(when having small/medium/large/Huge+++ database)

This is the 1st FM I've played since FM13, so I wouldn't know unfortunately.

Still undecided on this, but I reckon I'm going to trust @Brother Ben and @oche balboa by going for a small database with 50 leagues running. As you have pointed out, the difference is negligible with this amount of leagues running anyway and if it has a potential positive effect in the long term then that's a bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm quite happy running all leagues until 2023 right now (after the WC) and then removing them down to maybe 35 nations. Works for me personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

I'm quite happy running all leagues until 2023 right now (after the WC) and then removing them down to maybe 35 nations. Works for me personally. 

Didn't you find running all the leagues too slow? What database size do you use? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/07/2020 at 19:04, Gee_Simpson said:

Didn't you find running all the leagues too slow? What database size do you use? 

Large. It gets slow after around the 3rd season but I usually keep all leagues open so each nation at the World Cup has a fair chance. After that I start removing some. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

Large. It gets slow after around the 3rd season but I usually keep all leagues open so each nation at the World Cup has a fair chance. After that I start removing some. 

Yeah I suppose having all leagues running is good if you're interested in the World Cup.

I'm about to start my new save and will be using small database as I'm running 50 leagues, so I think that will be a nice balance. My PC is beastly given that I can run 50 leagues and when set to small database it shows as 1 whole star :D

Edited by Gee_Simpson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would 3900X CPU able to handle to have all League running with large database or would have "Exceeds the recommended limited of 125,000 players counts"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Changed back to Large as there's only a few thousand players between them, plus there were some coaches missing that I signed before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Rookie FM said:

Would 3900X CPU able to handle to have all League running with large database or would have "Exceeds the recommended limited of 125,000 players counts"?

"handle" is subjective in terms of speed.  The 125,000 players count warning is there regardless of computer and its there to prevent instability after a few seasons in-game iirc but i'll stick my neck out and say that wouldn't apply to top end latest gen processors so I would ignore it much as I would the "star rating"

There are lot of people run all leagues and all players but of course what they call acceptable you may regard as a snails pace.

Below is how long it takes to holiday the game for 11 days in-game with all leagues loaded with a large database and a total player count of 162,590 on various different systems

774652685_CombinedBenchmarkB.png.364af50

Bear in mind though this is the first season and that it will get slower especially after the youth intake floods the database

Edited by Brother Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rookie FM said:

Hello Brother Ben,

 

Thanks for lists of all PC and I have say Intel is the KING of CPU when come Football Manager!

for raw speed yes but you'll have to weigh up the price/performance

If money is no object then grab a 10th gen i9 and get overclocking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Re: Benchmarks. What's interesting is that the 6C/6T i5 8600 comes close to top of the pile. That's multiple times cheaper a chip than the 9900k, at almost the same speed. Meanwhile, the Ryzen 3 3600 is much behind. Guess that even on full detail match simulations, there are many parts of FM that don't benefit of having that many cores/threads. Plus, the game in general for some reason seems to favor Intel chips in general.

Now what would be really interesting was somebody running the benchmark with the minimum specs of Pentium 4. :D  SI surely must have one of those still in the cellar, don't they? Else they couldn't possibly recommend support. 

Edited by Svenc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Svenc said:

Re: Benchmarks. What's interesting is that the 6C/6T i5 8600 comes close to top of the pile. That's multiple times cheaper a chip than the 9900k, at almost the same speed. Meanwhile, the Ryzen 3 3600 is much behind. Guess that even on full detail match simulations, there are many parts of FM that don't benefit of having that many cores/threads. Plus, the game in general for some reason seems to favor Intel chips in general.

Now what would be really interesting was somebody running the benchmark with the minimum specs of Pentium 4. :D  SI surely must have one of those still in the cellar, don't they? Else they couldn't possibly recommend support. 

The 8600k is really well overclocked, he’s got lucky with it but you’re right about intel, it could change in the future I suppose but I doubt it.

this isn’t full detail by the way it’s just all leagues active, the detail level is default

funnily enough I think I have an old pentium 4 knocking about but I’d have to install 64 bit windows although the time that would take would be small fry compared to the benchmark :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like I'm possibly impatient :D

I'm thinking of cutting my leagues in half, 50 to around 25.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yeah, I have cut it in half, 50 leagues down to 25...for now :D

Edited by Gee_Simpson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...