What would the best roles be for this tactic

I know this tactic seems overly attacking but surprisingly i have kept clean sheets in almost all games i have used this tactic but cant put away even 1/10th of the chances

However,Im unable to get the ST or CAM to get involved through scoring or assisting, The options shown are the players available to use however,i mainly use Lautaro and Mount(Not usually as a SS)

Originally, I wanted the CAM to be like a trequartista and pick the ball up from wherever but at the same time i wanted the DM to play like a quarterback(ive never watched NFL but from what i have read in the past its like what i want), Springing long and killer passes however i thought it was overboard so i havent pursued this idea

For the striker,im unsure what role would be best for this tactic,using a poacher seems like the wise decision but Lautaro and Tammy are more then just poachers

Hence,id like to see the opinions of others,any recommendation will be appreciated

Screenshot (9).png

13 minutes ago, Hilly1979 said:

If your keeping clean sheets with 1 central defender then hats off to you

To be fair,Ive been using it against 4-3-3s mainly and as its 1v1 between most positions against the opponents 4-3-3,its about the individuals and it helps that most of the time i have 65% possesion per game

Edited by Miragepredator

2 hours ago, Hilly1979 said:

If your keeping clean sheets with 1 central defender then hats off to you

Beside this, the tactic seems a little one-dimensional. Maybe I would try the DM as a HB for more security and switch one of the MC roles in a DLP the other would keep his role. I would also try one offense flank as a IWat and the FB behind on attack duty for overlaps. The other side maybe could stay a Wsu and the FB behind as a IWB on de (cautious) or su (risky) variant. Also I would switch the Single CB on CBde.

The single striker could be a CF if to be a Goal Thread or a PFsu if he is working for the SS behind.

5 hours ago, Miragepredator said:

Screenshot (9).png

4 hours ago, Miragepredator said:

Screenshot (11).png

5 hours ago, Miragepredator said:

Im unable to get the ST or CAM to get involved through scoring or assisting

Both these tactics use the striker and AMC on attack duties, which encourages them to try and attack the space behind opposition lines as early as possible - and especially the one with the AF and SS - two most attack-minded roles in their respective positions. But the problem is that you yourself are denying them that space by playing with the highest possible LOE (much higher), which you then further compound by other extremely/needlessly aggressive defensive instructions. 

So even if this overly aggressive manner of defending has not caused you defensive issues so far, it's clearly not helping what you are looking to achieve in attack either. 

23 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Both these tactics use the striker and AMC on attack duties, which encourages them to try and attack the space behind opposition lines as early as possible - and especially the one with the AF and SS - two most attack-minded roles in their respective positions. But the problem is that you yourself are denying them that space by playing with the highest possible LOE (much higher), which you then further compound by other extremely/needlessly aggressive defensive instructions. 

So even if this overly aggressive manner of defending has not caused you defensive issues so far, it's clearly not helping what you are looking to achieve in attack either. 

Thanks for the feedback,to avoid the AMC getting into the same positions should i use the AP(S) and if so would it pick up the space left in the centre

The 2 CM(S) have the instructions of Stay Wider and Hold Position and the fullbacks have Stay Narrow and Hold Positions,however i dont really mind them going up,but by using the Winger(s) i was hoping they would stretch the play and solely aim to beat their man and put crosses in from the byline (the only instructions on them) with the options being the ST,ACM and the other winger,with the option of passing to the CMs or FB if needed, i thought by having only the ST and ACM down the middle they would shine through individual brilliance

By the way if you were wondering why i came up with this tactic,i was already planning on trying to copy the Overlapping centrebacks tactic which Sheffield use and then i was defensively solid with it when i used it with Milan but i learned that my interpretation of it was incorrect and hence tried having fun with the use of 1 CB and 2 FBs on (AU) which would help my top heavy squad against defensive sides 

52 minutes ago, Miragepredator said:

,to avoid the AMC getting into the same positions should i use the AP(S)

Who mentioned "getting into the same positions"?

I was talking about the AMC and AF ready to attack space behind the opposition early, but did not mention "same space". 

On 20/02/2020 at 23:13, Experienced Defender said:

But the problem is that you yourself are denying them that space by playing with the highest possible LOE (much higher), which you then further compound by other extremely/needlessly aggressive defensive instructions. 

Surely this guy has to play a high defensive line and do his defending higher up the pitch, with only one centre back? And also I can imagine with any time on the ball at all, that one centre back is going to get exploited. I think high LOE and pressure is needed and the problems that creates will have to be solved Some other way. 

3 hours ago, maxchaplin55 said:

Surely this guy has to play a high defensive line and do his defending higher up the pitch, with only one centre back? And also I can imagine with any time on the ball at all, that one centre back is going to get exploited

In that case, the question is why would one play with only 1 CB in the first place?

I mean, if you want to experiment in such an adventurous fashion, then you should be willing to accept the risk. 

10 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

In that case, the question is why would one play with only 1 CB in the first place?

I mean, if you want to experiment in such an adventurous fashion, then you should be willing to accept the risk. 

Yeah there’s accepting the risk but then there’s handing your weakness on a plate to your opponent. 

Play to your strengths surely.... 

I would suggest trying the tactic,im not the most analytical so i wont be able to explain the pros and cons but thus far i have been winning using the tactic. But the main advantage is that i use a standard defensive line that helps to avoid balls over the drop and thus relies on the ability of the CB

Edited by Miragepredator