Sports Interactive Community
Welshace

FM20 - January/Feb update - Biggest winners/losers

Found some hidden new gems:

Emelec (Ecuador) - Johan Mina, Secondary striker/winger

Youth academy in Nigeria - Samson Tijani (altough random stats)

Both are 17 years old and have a CA of 95 and a potential of -8

Accra Lions (Ghana) Rabi Ibrahim (strong defenisive midfielder/central defender)

This guy is 18.

Bargain wonderkids.

Edited by RobinUtrecht

Hi All, just a quick one!

After installing the new winter update, it still says [public beta] next to Football Manager 2020 on Steam. 

Is this normal? Do I need to uninstall the public beta at all? (If so, how would i do that?) 

Any info & help is appreciated! 

Cheers guys! 

For the bargain hunters, like the look of the below:

Marko Djira (aggressive, versatile holding mid/inverted left back with good physicals)

Kristijan Lovric (physical, goalscoring inside forward)

Gerald Tavara (languid South American creator with a wonderful left foot)

Gianfranco Chavez (quick if lightweight Peruvian centre back with ball playing potential) 

Ravil Tagir (16 y/old Kazakh-born Turk playing in his country's second tier. Huge potential as a classy, left-sided centre back) 

Edited by fidelitywars
spelling mistake in Djira

3 hours ago, toby14 said:

Hi All, just a quick one!

After installing the new winter update, it still says [public beta] next to Football Manager 2020 on Steam. 

Is this normal? Do I need to uninstall the public beta at all? (If so, how would i do that?) 

Any info & help is appreciated! 

Cheers guys! 

Yeah you don't need to be on the public beta now...

Right click on fm20 in steam, properties, betas tab, drop down menu to 'none'

32 minutes ago, fidelitywars said:

For the bargain hunters, like the look of the below:

Marko Djira (aggressive, versatile holding mid/inverted left back with good physicals)

Kristijan Lovric (physical, goalscoring inside forward)

Gerald Tavara (languid South American creator with a wonderful left foot)

Gianfranco Chavez (quick if lightweight Peruvian centre back with ball playing potential) 

Ravil Tagir (16 y/old Kazakh-born Turk playing in his country's second tier. Huge potential as a classy, left-sided centre back) 

Lovric looks great :

v6ggrtW.png

The others are interesting, will keep them in mind when i play a non WP needing team.

15 minutes ago, eye-switcher said:

Ansu Fati anyone?

KGsFBzR.png

Crucially, he has one of the highest potentials in the game now..  i'll put it in spoilers below...

-95, only 6-7 players in the database with that potential

32 minuti fa, kyle14scott ha scritto:

Could someone post a screenshot of the man utd attribute updates please. 

I don't want to post all players but If you want to see some in particular just ask :) 

16 hours ago, ronaldmcdonaldhadafarm said:

Moratas media description has changed to Elite Striker. Naturally.

So has Diego Costas :lol:

2 hours ago, Welshace said:

Lovric looks great :

v6ggrtW.png

The others are interesting, will keep them in mind when i play a non WP needing team.

Thanks - have corrected the spelling mistake in my initial post. Also worth bearing in mind that Lovric's natural fitness is random so possible to get far luckier than in your screenshot.

Someone else has asked already, but if anyone could post Gabriel Martinelli and possibly Bukayo Saka, I would really appreciate it. 

3 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

I don't want to post all players but If you want to see some in particular just ask :) 

Yeah sorry I was thinking McTominay, Fred, Williams and James and maybe rashford... I doubt anyone else has had an upgade

46 minuti fa, zachalxnder ha scritto:

Someone else has asked already, but if anyone could post Gabriel Martinelli and possibly Bukayo Saka, I would really appreciate it. 

Martinelli.thumb.JPG.33ad01eaec5ae2f8695d82d6d6f65e43.JPG

saka.thumb.JPG.dae09172124e53afa5306c3220709944.JPG

11 minuti fa, kyle14scott ha scritto:

Yeah sorry I was thinking McTominay, Fred, Williams and James and maybe rashford... I doubt anyone else has had an upgade

Mct.thumb.JPG.a62784f4d8faee932d91c9ce82c760f9.JPG

williams.thumb.JPG.95a9f1394cce317bc5b6bcfea49b8471.JPG

james.thumb.JPG.a42d4fbffe389ca26f8cfbeea3126c1b.JPG

Here you can find Fred :) 

18 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Martinelli.thumb.JPG.33ad01eaec5ae2f8695d82d6d6f65e43.JPG

saka.thumb.JPG.dae09172124e53afa5306c3220709944.JPG

Thank you ... doesn’t look that they were given much in the way of a boost, aside from a slight general increase. 

2 hours ago, Welshace said:

Wow.. looks good...

bHlo5Wj.png

He was always on my watchlist.

9 hours ago, Welshace said:

Lovric looks great :

v6ggrtW.png

Glad that he finally got an significant upgrade, but it's still a mess. There's no way his strength is that much better than his technique, passing, first touch, dribbling, corners, agility or vision.

Il y a 9 heures, zachalxnder a dit :

Thank you ... doesn’t look that they were given much in the way of a boost, aside from a slight general increase. 

Martinelli is about the same. Crazy that now he has a static PA which is not even higher than Nketiah lol. That's disappointing ! He's a future star IRL...

7 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

Martinelli is about the same. Crazy that now he has a static PA which is not even higher than Nketiah lol. That's disappointing ! He's a future star IRL...

Agreed - not tempting enough for me to start a new Arsenal save … kinda glad. 

16 y/o Filip Stevanovic of Partizan Belgrade looks absolutely unreal. Teammate Strahinja Pavlovic too but sadly, he's been signed by Monaco and loaned back.

Every chance he's playing at close to his potential but anyone who likes a big centre forward to hold up the ball and bring others into play should seriously consider Dinamo Zagreb's Bruno Petkovic; born to fulfil the 'good touch for a big man' cliché.

Elsewhere, teenage CSKA Sofia centre back Valentin Antov looks promising, though maybe not for those who like to play a high line.

Jeremie Frimpong Celtic right back has had a boost
Aaron Wan Bissaka Man Utd right back has tackling 20

James Maddison looks to of  had a boost aswell as has Tammy Abraham

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 15:29, Welshace said:

KGsFBzR.png

Crucially, he has one of the highest potentials in the game now..  i'll put it in spoilers below...

Hide contents

-95, only 6-7 players in the database with that potential

Thanks!

9 hours ago, evilpimp972 said:

Generally speaking, researchers won't change anything that drastically after half a season... not a whole lot to go from yet .

16 hours ago, Showballs said:

Glad that he finally got an significant upgrade, but it's still a mess. There's no way his strength is that much better than his technique, passing, first touch, dribbling, corners, agility or vision.

I've never looked at attributes as directly comparable like that tbh, but I see what you're saying.

On 21/02/2020 at 07:21, ParanoidBuddha said:

Some serie A players, I'll post others tomorrow
*if you see they played some matches is just because I have chosen as starting date the beginning of serie A

Demiral.thumb.JPG.bbe0b16f04a0ee801c007ad5aee09c94.JPG
kumbulla.thumb.JPG.8550cbdf0972b434b440734d737f120f.JPG
Bastoni.thumb.JPG.31fcd01b884780954d13f87b7b106cc2.JPG
Hernandez.thumb.JPG.827cd179018f6f94b26f55f173d5230d.JPG
Tonali.thumb.JPG.841b4f04a9283f67224e8a31955fd480.JPG
1885368064_Lautaro2.thumb.JPG.b4a3f077f465f43af32dea0d3c3e06ff.JPG

as inter fans im happy with the upgrade, bastoni has fix PA. and some young players got upgrade their PA.

32 minutes ago, welshdragon said:

If you could post a screenshot of Neco Williams, that would be much appreciated.

YE0eQym.png

3 minutes ago, Welshace said:

YE0eQym.png

Thank you! As a fellow Welsh man, i'm sure you agree he deserves a boost!

Love this thread - anyone else that stands out that has had an increase/decrease?

2 minutes ago, welshdragon said:

Thank you! As a fellow Welsh man, i'm sure you agree he deserves a boost!

Love this thread - anyone else that stands out that has had an increase/decrease?

He looks promising for sure! our future looks pretty bright actually in terms of the national team :)

Young English (or British) players are bit overrated aren't they? 

32 minutes ago, Fosse said:

Young English (or British) players are bit overrated aren't they? 

Not anymore so than other leagues imo?  In what way? We have seen plenty of european clubs come in for british youngsters of late and the only reason more haven't done so is the price of british players, which is purely down to their value to british clubs who are generally much more wealthy than other leagues in europe... 

But the players? you won't find many leagues producing better players from academies..

7 hours ago, Welshace said:

Not anymore so than other leagues imo?  In what way? We have seen plenty of european clubs come in for british youngsters of late and the only reason more haven't done so is the price of british players, which is purely down to their value to british clubs who are generally much more wealthy than other leagues in europe... 

But the players? you won't find many leagues producing better players from academies..

James Garner, for example, would be one of the better players in the championship based on his FM profile but he's made 2 league appearances in his career. I agree that British clubs are finally producing great talent but their stats are surely too high for a lot of players. I'll confess I've never watched Neco Williams play but 14 crossing and 16 passing at 18 (with poor vision admittedly) would mean he's one of the most technically proficient fullbacks in the world.

Since had a bit of a downgrade but Sidnei Tavares on the initial DB is about a season's worth of minutes from being a PL standard player, in reality he only sometimes plays for u23s. He could be genuinely that good and not getting opportunities due to other factors but it seems unlikely

@Welshace & @Geordieboy52 I bought Gvardiol on my Norwich save (granted it was the beta) and he didn't develop like I hoped he would.

I think he'd be a good championship player but he stagnated on my save and I sold him for £10 million +. 

If he's had stat boost from the update could be worth a punt. Also depends on the level/league you're in of course.

15 hours ago, Fosse said:

James Garner, for example, would be one of the better players in the championship based on his FM profile but he's made 2 league appearances in his career. I agree that British clubs are finally producing great talent but their stats are surely too high for a lot of players. I'll confess I've never watched Neco Williams play but 14 crossing and 16 passing at 18 (with poor vision admittedly) would mean he's one of the most technically proficient fullbacks in the world.

Since had a bit of a downgrade but Sidnei Tavares on the initial DB is about a season's worth of minutes from being a PL standard player, in reality he only sometimes plays for u23s. He could be genuinely that good and not getting opportunities due to other factors but it seems unlikely

Yeah mate you definitely haven't seen Neco play, his crosses are lethal

6 hours ago, hickmanrocks said:

@Welshace & @Geordieboy52 I bought Gvardiol on my Norwich save (granted it was the beta) and he didn't develop like I hoped he would.

I think he'd be a good championship player but he stagnated on my save and I sold him for £10 million +. 

If he's had stat boost from the update could be worth a punt. Also depends on the level/league you're in of course.

He has indeed had a boost; was good previously but is now *very* good.

4 minutes ago, fidelitywars said:

He has indeed had a boost; was good previously but is now *very* good.

I signed him for Bayer Leverkusen in FM19 when he was 16, not for the first team but his performances were excellent and had I played longer I am sure he would have made the step up. Highly rated in real life and appropriately in game in my opinion, and i would suggest well worth a punt.

4 hours ago, LDP said:

Yeah mate you definitely haven't seen Neco play, his crosses are lethal

12 for crossing in my game, his stats are mostly random