Sports Interactive Community

Sorry if this had been addressed before (I know it's been happening in previous versions of the game as well, so I might've just missed this being discussed in the past), and sorry if this isn't the right forum for this, but can anything be done to prevent newgen faces from randomly changing every few weeks? It's one thing when their haircut and facial hair changes, that's actually pretty cool and realistic, but out of nowhere my light skin newgen having dark skin, and vice versa, looks pretty absurd lol.

Is there anything at all that can be done to prevent at least the skin tone changes?

This is something that was happening in FM19 but I don't believe we've had reports of it happening in 20, it should have been fixed. Is this happening a lot for you? Are you able to give us a save game where the issue can be reproduced?

There were some tweaks to the middle range of skin tones for the latest update to make them closer to real life but other than that they should be staying the same.

Just now, Jack Joyce said:

This is something that was happening in FM19 but I don't believe we've had reports of it happening in 20. Is this happening a lot for you? Are you able to give us a save game where the issue can be reproduced?

There were some tweaks to the middle range of skin tones for the latest update to make them closer to real life but other than that they should be staying the same.

I actually didn't realize that a new update was released today so maybe that had something to do with it. I think I noticed it before the update but maybe I'm thinking of FM19 without even realizing it.

I will play a few days with this new update and let you know if it's still happening.

This is happening to me too.

Please undo this change. There was nothing wrong with my newgen faces, now loads of white players in my team are dark skinned. It's jarring to suddenly see my beloved players looking different on the pitch. It destroys the immersion. Our attachment to our wonderkids is probably the most immersive and addictive part of the game.

Quick update on this. So players appearances were still changing as far as facial hair and head hair, but their skin color was staying the same. Until this morning, one of my newgens' skin color changed from white to brown.

3 hours ago, MrMVP91 said:

Quick update on this. So players appearances were still changing as far as facial hair and head hair, but their skin color was staying the same. Until this morning, one of my newgens' skin color changed from white to brown.

After the updating 20.4 my newgen appear all bald in the player sheet, when in the match have blonde hair. 

There's a problem with this version of fm2020

culkin bald.png

culkin bald 2.png

On 19/03/2020 at 09:36, MrMVP91 said:

Another update. The player in question here went back to his original appearance when I started playing today, and I now see that his skin color is actually the same as it was after his appearance changed. I guess him changing from long hair to really short hair threw me off and for some reason I thought his skin color changed too, but now that he's back to his original appearance I see that's not the case. His skin color in fact remained the same.