[FM20] I used to be a footballer like you, then I took a foot to the g-Royn

Makoto Nakamura

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

Those sort of intakes are what I live for!! 

Always a great read as ever :thup:

My thinking is that Faroese players have a hardcoded limit into how good they can get due to the Faroe Islands youth rating, now that I've gotten affiliate clubs in other countries the players I get will be using their youth rating and so should be a lot better and push us even further. 

Thanks for reading!

11 minutes ago, henryzz said:

There are screens that will show progress towards that.

7a75b73f930e9989d0e9a60608c82392.png

75142fab3c791233bafa81ecccf24865.png

Seems to be that 15th/16th is the cut off point.

Mortensen with the promising midfielder description looks yummy. Pay attention to his min release fee and stuff.

Also curious, I thought non-European newgens are always 18+ while the European ones come as 16yo, but I'm seeing a South African 16yo in the last one, Peru as well. Seems wild with no specific rules, i.e. why are AUS, CAM and USA 18+ but RSA, PER aren't?

1 hour ago, TIR669 said:

Mortensen with the promising midfielder description looks yummy. Pay attention to his min release fee and stuff.

Also curious, I thought non-European newgens are always 18+ while the European ones come as 16yo, but I'm seeing a South African 16yo in the last one, Peru as well. Seems wild with no specific rules, i.e. why are AUS, CAM and USA 18+ but RSA, PER aren't?

I honestly have no clue how regen ages work any more. :lol:

2067 End of Season Review

4496d62a89d84b56e29a6353fb8582fa.png

e75a8ea2925eea414642effadc0d9f00.png

f5b63768087b3717b6b8a8df3c05dc56.png

We're straight through to the 2nd Knockout Round!

c9202f138f52535236085511fda8b327.png7ec222f813d8952c7436c461c1293728.png

fccbf266e9018d53925ac5ab47aaeddb.png

d32a100a793a36a94c20897960129ec9.png

Next season could see Bárður Edmundsson (YP34a) break John Nielsen (YP4a)'s appearance record which has stood for 25 years! That is if Patrice Kamga (YP48c) doesn't oust him in the team.

Overall Best XI

1f8a0b606746dafaad2198249adfd8b6.png

2067 Best XI

cd9df33974e72a375418ad719a672d6e.png

Jákup Danielsen (YP39d)

Brayan Quintero (YP36a) - Poul Joensen (YP40b) - Poul Dalbúð (YP44c) - Bárður Edmundsson (YP34a)

Pierre Effa (YP48b) - Rúni Joensen (YP42a)

Páll Stenberg (YP38a)                                                         Høgni Zachariasen (YP38d)

Bogi Johannesen (YP37a) - Dan Joensen (YP38i)

7bf2475b3c8915285b0f4ba5f7ddc81d.pngb55d838bc7aa40ab470c86ef6f53c0c2.png

When you ask about affiliates, do you get a chance to choose specifically, or do you have to choose from a list?

And are you getting any larger European nations to pick from yet?

7 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Next season could see Bárður Edmundsson (YP34a) break John Nielsen (YP4a)'s appearance record which has stood for 25 years! That is if Patrice Kamga (YP48c) doesn't oust him in the team.

This is the test to see how committed you are to the legacy of John Nielsen...

3 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

When you ask about affiliates, do you get a chance to choose specifically, or do you have to choose from a list?

And are you getting any larger European nations to pick from yet?

I get a list of clubs to choose from and then I pick the one with the best Youth Facilities.

All I need now is one from Europe then I'll have one in each continent!

2 minutes ago, scousevasey said:

This is the test to see how committed you are to the legacy of John Nielsen...

I want his record to be broken though! :D 

2 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

I thought I'd only have him for a couple of seasons when I signed him as a 61 year old but here we are, 21 years later.

He don't half look good for his age.

5 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

5790c70d445f8b6146e8e14b46bf0360.png

and in the year 2152 there was the yearly groan for the one called Beinir.  No one knows why they groan or what they groan for, they just know it was a yearly tradition. 

3 minutes ago, andychar said:

Any way of bribing.

Afraid not.

Just now, Pompeyboyz said:

and in the year 2152 there was the yearly groan for the one called Beinir.  No one knows why they groan or what they groan for, they just know it was a yearly tradition. 

I think from now on my manager will have to be called Beinir Joensen. :lol:

Makoto, not sure if this is still the case on fm20 but on previous versions whenever you agree to have an affiliate with youth setup benefit, only the last club is the one providing 3 youths a year. All others are ignored. That would explain you getting some USA regens, then Cameroon, then Oz but no US regens after Cameroon and no US or Cameroon after Oz.

3 minutes ago, rodesire said:

Makoto, not sure if this is still the case on fm20 but on previous versions whenever you agree to have an affiliate with youth setup benefit, only the last club is the one providing 3 youths a year. All others are ignored. That would explain you getting some USA regens, then Cameroon, then Oz but no US regens after Cameroon and no US or Cameroon after Oz.

Well that's silly, why on earth is that a thing?

6 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Well that's silly, why on earth is that a thing?

But you did get some from Peru, South Africa as well as the 3 from Australia last intake. 

1 minute ago, Pompeyboyz said:

But you did get some from Peru, South Africa as well as the 3 from Australia last intake. 

I'll keep going with the affiliates we have but if we stop getting them from more than one country then I'll stick with the club with the highest rated facilities.