Dubbed the new [Spanish guy I've never heard of], please help

I have this young Spanish footballer who the media "Touted as the next Quini."  Then I noticed it changed to say he was "Labelled the next Raul".  Then I noticed it changed again and he's now "Dubbed the new Fernando Torres."

I have no idea who these guys are.  If you were to imagine a footballer who has been compared to all three of these guys, what type of player would you expect him to be?  By that I mean, in FM terms how would you rate him, ie would you expect him to be a big target man or a fast little poacher, any PPMs, any attributes that might stick out, would he be described a physical, creative, technical, intelligent, leader, etc.  Hope that make sense.

Edited by b28937

48 minutes ago, b28937 said:

I have this young Spanish footballer who the media "Touted as the next Quini."  Then I noticed it changed to say he was "Labelled the next Raul".  Then I noticed it changed again and he's now "Dubbed the new Fernando Torres."

I have no idea who these guys are.  If you were to imagine a footballer who has been compared to all three of these guys, what type of player would you expect him to be?  By that I mean, in FM terms how would you rate him, ie would you expect him to be a big target man or a fast little poacher, any PPMs, any attributes that might stick out, would he be described a physical, creative, technical, intelligent, leader, etc.  Hope that make sense.

Those 3 are some of the greatest ever Spanish Strikers, Quini was prolific for Barca, Torres was fast and prolific and Raul was technically brilliant all around and a pretty great goalscorer for his era. I imagine your player would be a technically gifted pressing forward, fast and a good eye for goal.

Lol. This is brilliant.

Um ... I mean ... hahaha.

In all seriousness very occasionally I’ll get a player I haven’t heard of. I love it. Instantly google him to find out he was a Portuguese Boss from the 1930’s or something.

Always a good read.

Ok, i can forgive you for the fact you don't know "El Brujo" Quini as a lot of people even in Spain doesn't know him. Only the people who followed football in the 70s/80s and people from the north of Spain (Quini is a legend for Sporting Gijin fans). But, come on, Torres and Raul? In which rock have you been under all this years 

4 hours ago, sidslayer said:

Lol. This is brilliant.

Um ... I mean ... hahaha.

In all seriousness very occasionally I’ll get a player I haven’t heard of. I love it. Instantly google him to find out he was a Portuguese Boss from the 1930’s or something.

Always a good read.

This. If you don't know, go search it. That's something we love about FM. It makes you learn a lot of football culture

Pretty hard to believe, that the OP has never heard of any of these guys, unless he is like 11 years old maybe...

What puzzles me though is that the same player keeps being touted as resembling different guys all the time. While the whole feature in itself is of questionable use, the public would surely not label him the next X and the next Y the following week and the next Z the week thereafter. Any such label would only ever stick to a player once people agreed on whose footballing ancestor that kid might become.

2 minutes ago, jayahr said:

Any such label would only ever stick to a player once people agreed on whose footballing ancestor that kid might become.

To be fair with the 24h news culture we already see this sort of thing happening but maybe it would be better if it was an inbox item rather than appearing on their information screen which makes it seem more of a permanent thing.

On future FMs I'd really like to see 'Labelled the next <regen who has become a club legend who played same role>' as I don't think I've ever seen this before, only pre-existing examples from the original database.

4 hours ago, likesiamesefish said:

To be fair with the 24h news culture we already see this sort of thing happening but maybe it would be better if it was an inbox item rather than appearing on their information screen which makes it seem more of a permanent thing.

On future FMs I'd really like to see 'Labelled the next <regen who has become a club legend who played same role>' as I don't think I've ever seen this before, only pre-existing examples from the original database.

With that idea, I'd honestly suggest posting it over in the Feature Request forum, because that's a genuinely brilliant idea. I know I'd love to see that.

4 hours ago, likesiamesefish said:

that's already in the game, or at least used to be.

Wow, some of these responses are a little harsh given the OP could, in fact, be quite a young kid. AFAIK there is no age restriction on the game.

As for Google, yeah there are tools that could help.

Aye, I think the OP has had his answer and the posts are straddling the line of acceptability, given that, although it's certainly not the majority of the fanbase, there are young FM players out there who genuinely might not know who those players are. With that, I'm closing the thread.

Am 17.2.2020 um 05:24 schrieb jbutton:

Those 3 are some of the greatest ever Spanish Strikers, Quini was prolific for Barca, Torres was fast and prolific and Raul was technically brilliant all around and a pretty great goalscorer for his era. I imagine your player would be a technically gifted pressing forward, fast and a good eye for goal.

I think this is the answer that was the OP looking for.