Sports Interactive Community
Muja

LACK OF CENTRAL PLAY AND AMC UNDERPERFORMING (20.2.4)

As this is a bugs thread I've removed everything that isn't relevant to it. @Muja top work on what you've posted.

Everyone else, if you're not posting Pkms, please do not clog up the threads. I've noticed its often the same people doing this and I know they know the rules. To those same people, please desist, or you may find your ability to post becomes restricted

Hi @Muja,

Thanks for the really well presented forum thread, you have shared some interesting thoughts.

This issue is currently under review in the studio and we will be using your examples as part of out investigation.

Cheers,

Josh

For me this is still an issue which is very frustrating. I’ve gone to the extent of training my central midfielders to try killer balls however, still not see very many through balls. 

Is there any update on this issue? 

Now, I can understand why my strikerless tactic fails.

Thank you.

On 16/02/2020 at 06:28, Muja said:

So, I could be wrong, because who knows how many variables and functions are involved in the AMC's decision NOT to play through passes, but I think the problem lies there.

Yes, strikers' off-the-ball movement isn't always ideal, but the AMC has many chances during a game to play through passes... and he never takes them.

Players in that position should try those passes more often, especially in a tiki-taka setup. They don't have to be perfect through balls all the time (his aim can be off more often then not) but he should at least TRY to make those passes, like so:
L9Aa1FY.gif

I agree. It shouldn't be an automatic clear cut chance. More often than not it should be an intercepted pass and clearance by the defenders. The last thing this game needs is even more squandered chances from strikers.

And I agree about your "defend narrow" vs. "defend wide" observation. That narrow option ends up looking extremely narrow to the point of being silly. No wonder wide players lead in assists.

Should be good an update for this, I am looking for too.

I dont see through balls from my teams, even playing a tiki taka style with players with flair, decisions, vision and pass above 15