Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
likesiamesefish

Man City Champions League ban

Any chance we will see this implemented in the update? Would absolutely love to see it in FM and surely, if it's not successfully appealed, it will have to be included next season.

SI will probably await the appeal process and the result of that before putting this into the game I'd have thought. 

26 minutes ago, sidslayer said:

Chelsea’s was I believe. Sure this will be too. If upheld.

Wasn't Chelsea just a transfer ban though? 

Issues like this are usually implemented only after the full legal process has been finished, so it definitely wont be in the next update and will need to wait for clarification for FM 21.

1 hour ago, basqueliverpool said:

can it be done via the editor?

I'd love to know this. It's easy to do transfer bans, but I couldn't work out how to a ban a team from a competition.

it will just go to CAS and be removed, they dont have the bottle to implement anything like that.. appeal will win and they will be fine.. 

I think upon appeal it will be scaled back. 

also if it does stay at 2 match ban you are going to see a huge shift in EPL. 

Pep and many players leave big players and no European football means wont attract the very best 

2 hours ago, Gross_Ballon said:

I think upon appeal it will be scaled back. 

also if it does stay at 2 match ban you are going to see a huge shift in EPL. 

Pep and many players leave big players and no European football means wont attract the very best 

And now, with the Premier League investing, 'experts' think there will be a Premier League points deduction and possibly even demotion to League 2. Someone is going to get paid off (or given shares in oil at least). 

Considering rugby has just relegated its champions and one of its biggest teams football will look pretty daft finding a way to cover for this and not punishing the offending team

Will be interesting to see what happens and if and how the game implements it for future versions

i do doubt they will end up in the championship if by some weird way they do they have the ability to not stay long ! 

I support Rangers and its been 9 years with out a trophy and Gerrard has made us a decent team in Europe but still behind Celtic. 

we had to fight from lowest league in Scotland and with out a shadow of a doubt it has had a massive impact ! 

but I do not see city going there. 

if they have done bad yes an example needs to be set. 

as for a neutral fan hope we don't loose city they play good football and have been exciting.

22 hours ago, cris182 said:

Considering rugby has just relegated its champions and one of its biggest teams football will look pretty daft finding a way to cover for this and not punishing the offending team

And for financial things as well, in that case it was breaching the salary cap. A points deduction will not hurt Manchester City in the same way. Saracens are mostly screwed because they took two penalties for their offence (because they could not get back under the salary cap). I would like to see Manchester City punished. And PSG. And any other side who uses dodgy dealings to get things done. I'm looking towards Real Madrid and Barcelona.