Offensive CBs. Is it possible?

Hello everyone.

I was thinking in a way to do my defenders participate more of the attacking play building, for example, they don't be so static, getting close sometimes as pass option or making runs. I don't know if this is possible with the current ME, if I would need some PPM (and if it would work with defender positions)...

Any suggestions?

I personally don't want my CBs to drive forward, but if I were to encourage one of them to act that way, I would probably set him to a BPD on stopper duty and play under a higher team mentality (Positive at least). And a higher defensive line.

In terms of traits, I guess the Brings ball out of defence and Gets forward whenever possible should help.

If you play with 3 CBs, you can use a libero.

2 horas atrás, Experienced Defender disse:

I personally don't want my CBs to drive forward, but if I were to encourage one of them to act that way, I would probably set him to a BPD on stopper duty and play under a higher team mentality (Positive at least). And a higher defensive line.

In terms of traits, I guess the Brings ball out of defence and Gets forward whenever possible should help.

If you play with 3 CBs, you can use a libero.

I was using the BPD (STP) since a long time, before I have that idea. Currently I am testing the team in Attack/Full Attack and HDL. I send my best CBs to get Ball Out of Defence, some of them already have the "gets forward..." ppm because they are effective/natural wingbacks too. And after to being defeated by RB Leipzig that plays with 3 CBs, I am testing that formation and i'm loving to play with Libero. 

2 horas atrás, Hilly1979 disse:

Have read of the Chris wilder thread, Rashidi explains how it is possible to achieve but difficult to pull off.

Nice tip, thx

1 hora atrás, ragazzo del negozio di animali disse:

overlapping cbs won't come to fm until it gets enough recognition like when they discovered the word raumdeuter after muller hit some form and decided to add it to the fm... i think fm15? maybe

sad but true

Or being a bit rude but straight: when it becomes popular in Premier League, like the Guardiola/Klopp football systems. After they go to PL, the FM was to be able to replay at a satisfactory level the tiki-taka, geggenpressen and the inverted wingbacks.

• 10 months later...

Sorry to bump this thread but I've been searching for hours trying to find a way to play my outer CB's so they don't just sit in a line with the Central CB in the attacking phase. I want them to support the midfield alongside my CBDM. My solution is to play them as Inverted WB's on Defend Duty. This actually works really well at times; though they get forward a little TOO far sometimes and often play a little TOO wide in the defensive third which leaves gaps for the other team's IF to exploit. Otherwise I find it very interesting an effective (at times). Has anybody else tried this? Am I begging to get destroyed playing this way?

What I want is them to play like normal CB's in the defensive phase but transition to the DM strata in the attacking phase to give the team more options for recycling possession.