[FM20] Realistic Transfer Market Values - BETA

My dear god, it looks like a gem!:applause:

Does it change ONLY 30 nations? All other values in other leagues with be same as before?

P.S. what a pity I'm already married :D

Edited by eltarian

9 hours ago, eltarian said:

Does it change ONLY 30 nations? All other values in other leagues with be same as before?

Yes, ONLY. Which was a ton of work!

I looked at a few other nations(like Wales, N.Ireland,Nigeria,etc), and either they don't have much of a transfer market in FM(mostly frees/loans), or very little/no data on Transfermarkt.

29 minutes ago, majesticeternity said:

Yes, ONLY. Which was a ton of work!

I looked at a few other nations(like Wales, N.Ireland,Nigeria,etc), and either they don't have much of a transfer market in FM(mostly frees/loans), or very little/no data on Transfermarkt.

maybe their market prices should be done with same correlation? I mean just take the counts from other nations and implement them for Nigeria, Nepal ore elsewhere?

Or the counts significantly change from country to country (within these 30ty complited)?

Edited by eltarian

16 minutes ago, eltarian said:

maybe their market prices should be done with same correlation? I mean just take the counts from other nations and implement them for Nigeria, Nepal ore elsewhere?

Or the counts significantly change from country to country (within these 30ty complited)?

They vary significantly, yes. Prices are very different for every nation and every player rep. I would need some data on those nation's transfers or player values. 

Also, because FM poorly implements the lesser nations and has poor transfer AI logic, it could cause problems.

For example, I could raise prices. But that may negatively effect the nation's transfer market, as they are too poor to buy players, or spend most of their budget on one player. Yet, if I reduce prices, players are more easily poached by other nations...

So I figured it's best to leave it alone, unless someone wants to help test the effects and find a good balance.

• 2 weeks later...

Great work really, but you shouldn't call this "realistic". Market trends and player ratings are not "facts" and your preferences are only an "opinion". Again, it's a great job, but you're considering that the entire team that develops Football Manager and the tester (maybe 100 employees?) is wrong and that you're right. Both are just opinions.

Maybe you're right, but "realistic" is overly ambitious.

11 hours ago, joaquin87 said:

Great work really, but you shouldn't call this "realistic". Market trends and player ratings are not "facts" and your preferences are only an "opinion". Again, it's a great job, but you're considering that the entire team that develops Football Manager and the tester (maybe 100 employees?) is wrong and that you're right. Both are just opinions.

I love her work, but I do kind of agree with this view. I think this, the transfer preferences one and the super smart AI one will be the three I don't use, but I reckon I'll use all the others. 

On 25/02/2020 at 16:11, Gastofm said:

Van Dijk Season 21/22 > 54M PSG :idiot:

Funny thing is that his value did not change before or after. Other players on his level increased, but he didn’t, and I didn’t want to increase it too much. 

16 hours ago, joaquin87 said:

Thank you for the feedback. 

You are making assumptions, I am not saying at all that they are wrong. Most changes were tweaks to SIs work, not a complete rewrite. This is an attempt to get transfer prices more on target to their real prices, therefore to make them “more realistic”. Transfer values are opinion, which I stated, but player transfer prices are fact. 

It can never be right, though, this just makes them closer to their real prices. I stated that in the post, that it will not be right, just more realistic. 

5 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I love her work, but I do kind of agree with this view. I think this, the transfer preferences one and the super smart AI one will be the three I don't use, but I reckon I'll use all the others. 

It’s simply a descriptive word so people have an idea the purpose of this file when they see the post. 

Using “better” or “fixed” seemed to me to more directly say SI didn’t do a good job, and it’s certainly  not fixed, so that’s what I came up with. 

If you both have a better word to use, I’ll be glad to change it. 

1 hour ago, majesticeternity said:

If you both have a better word to use, I’ll be glad to change it. 

I don't have a problem with your wording of the title. I agree partly with the other guy in what he's saying, that values are an opinion. In saying that, if this file does make the values closer to real life then I'll use it. It's just when I see little feedback here I get wary of using these files, especially with long term saves, that's why I was considering not using it and playing it safe by using the default settings that SI provide us with. It's also why I've been debating whether or not to use your realistic injuries file, incase it's affects are too extreme, but if I remember rightly, you advise a test save for 2 years or so? 

The only file I can definitely say I wouldn't use is the smarter AI file, as it's not technically making them smarter, it's just making the majority of the coaches attributes OP which doesn't feel realistic to me but may appeal to others who are just looking for the toughest challenge they can get. I would have started a save with your files by now already but I decided to wait for the January database update, and now they've gone and messed up the 'disable first transfer window' option, so I'll have to wait for a fix for that before I can start :(

In the meantime I'll run a test save with all your files (except smarter AI) to see what kind of results it produces, maybe vs a save without the files. Do you know when this will be out of the beta stage? 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

Well you should use whatever files you wish, no pressure to use any creators work!

You just commented on his view so I thought you agreed. 

And yes, as I stated in the original post, values are opinion. The main problem and probably confusion is this: values don’t matter, either IRL or in FM. 

A players value may be 100m, but they’re bought for 50m. Or value is 10m and bought for 60m.

what I’m trying to create is, yes, better values, but mostly better player prices. As you can see in the screenshots, what I found is it worked  generally speaking, overall better, where a player IRL is sold for 22m, and in FM is 19m. Most were pretty on point, when factoring the clubs in FM that bought them vs IRL. 

But there will always be very unrealistic transfers and values in FM. 

Again, if you don’t feel comfortable, don’t use them.

but, if you run a test , and look at the areas important to you, and find something you feel is wrong, just pm me, I’d be happy to edit the file to your liking so you can enjoy it, whether realistic or fantasy. 

Side note on the injuries, if you’re concerned  it will be too much, then it probably will be. I love/hate that at the lower leagues I have 2-5 players out injured at a time, unless I manage their health well and rotate and rest them. It means I can’t get away with 12 players on my squad and save money and blast up the leagues as quickly. If you don’t like having to rotate, watch injured players attributes tank, have your best players out, or a wonder kid out 2 months,  then don’t use it. 

Pm me any questions or files you want edited. :) 

22 hours ago, majesticeternity said:

Side note on the injuries, if you’re concerned  it will be too much, then it probably will be. I love/hate that at the lower leagues I have 2-5 players out injured at a time, unless I manage their health well and rotate and rest them. It means I can’t get away with 12 players on my squad and save money and blast up the leagues as quickly. If you don’t like having to rotate, watch injured players attributes tank, have your best players out, or a wonder kid out 2 months,  then don’t use it. 

Thanks again :) I was set on using the realistic injuries file but after reading the above I think I'll give it a miss! I already find the game tough as it is so this will just make things even more frustrating for me I would think.

Regarding this file, is it still in the beta stage or is it good to go?

Edited by Gee_Simpson

I don't know if I see Çağlar Söyüncü going to Liverpool in the first window for 36 million as a realistic move or not... 

I know that things will change the next season because there will be more money to spend from every team, but I think that English players are a bit undervalued, for example managing United, Rashford, Maguire and Wan-Bissaka's values are no higher than 40 million, but that could be because United is playing Europa League.

If I reach the second season I'll update you with the changes, thank you for your mods.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...