Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Louisking1992

Set Piece Marking.

Player in Yellow is completely unmarked from a free kick. This  seems to be a regular thing since the latest update. 

Set pieces in general are a mess, players leaving runners, not marking properly and dont attempt to to header the ball away.

Overall very disappointing considering this has been an issue for a long time now and nothing seems to be happening. 

Minute 92:41 

2020-02-13_10-19-51.jpg

Vålerenga v Arendal.pkm

This guy manmarks the player in the midfield and free player scores. Well done SI. Continue to improve your game :)

mark.thumb.png.d59de1f1dcb85f88355ae4385e8de458.pngorta.thumb.png.4a2bc8cdfc17f1ae19fa83cfecff7bfa.png

Another one. My number 10 marking refeere. Also Im not talking about my CBs marking their midfields instead of free striker  on the far post. Ridicilous

4567.thumb.png.8bebd2728060a1d2ec1833c5bad0693a.png1234.thumb.png.fe0ce710aecfa325cc949b3b8ccffa3f.png

I know SI have said they know about this as an issue, so hopefully they can fix it sooner rather than later.

It's driving me insane. I could just about deal with the one-on-ones problem, but right now the game is unplayable for me.

I give away a lot of free kicks, but generally in open play we're evenly matched (or slightly better) in terms of decent chances created. But such a high percentage of goals come from set pieces that it makes trying to analyse the actual game in open play impossible.

In my last 3 league games I've conceded 8 goals. 6 have been from set pieces.

Then there's also an annoying issue with conceding penalties from free kicks! I wouldn't mind conceding them from open play (i.e. the striker gets past my defence and is taken down), but that rarely happens. 90% of the penalties I concede are from indirect free kicks!

Nothing more frustrating than putting together a game plan to restrict your superior opponent, then late on you concede to a free header from a set piece because nobody decides to mark him or challenge for the header. I find it's the inswinging crosses I concede from most. I'm not disputing players can get left unmarked, but for this to happen for the vast majority of games is unrealistic and it's another bug which needs resolving.

New patch doesn't solve anything. Just conceded SIX goals in a row from set pieces (3 indirect free kicks, 2 corners, 1 penalty)

My team is one of the best in the league at positioning, marking, heading, height, etc - and I've manually set the instructions so that the best markers / tallest markers mark tall players etc.

I can't enjoy the game as it stands right now.

Edited by Melliatopia

just conceded 4 goals from set pieces in the same match (3 in extra time) and eliminated from a cup competition. transfers, tactics or formations doesn’t matter anymore, i defend set pieces with 11 players and train only defending corners and freekicks. let’s admit it, it’s almost march and fm20 is a failure.

Thanks for getting in touch and we apologise for the lack of response.

We are very aware of the issue and our devs are working hard fix it.

We hope this is improved very soon.

Cheers.

Jemal