No variance in VAR

I've noticed that whenever there is a VAR decision to make, it is always the exact same outcome:

Goes to VAR to check a foul inside the box > Penalty awarded 100% of the time

Goes to VAR to check offside > Player was offside 100% of the time

Goes to VAR to check whether the foul was inside or just on the edge of the box > Just on the edge of the box 100% of the time

No point having VAR in the game if it's going to have the same result every time - doesn't add to the excitement/tension, as I know what the outcome is going to be. 

I just wish you could skip the 'referee runs to monitor to check' animation, as you can replays etc.

Gets old very quickly.  Those who like it can of course not skip it.

I've had variations on edge of the box inside, which has lead to a red card/yellow card for the defender depending on the outcome.

But do hate scoring a last minute winner and then seeing the ref with his finger in his ear.

ALTHOUGH what I would say is in real life, checks are always carried out for goals etc and apart from a delay, we don't see any difference from goal to kickoff - and when I get my post match news section it always says my first goal was given with the help of VAR but I've had no animation during the match.

Doesn't seem right. But could it be that the game only shows disallowed VAR goals, and goals scored (which may need a VAR decision, but have a positive decision), are just shown as normal goals? I only watch highlights so I'm not sure.

Either way, VAR as it is implemented at the moment adds nothing but annoyance to the game. Just like it does in real life.

12 hours ago, marcMCFC1986 said:

I've noticed that whenever there is a VAR decision to make, it is always the exact same outcome:

Goes to VAR to check a foul inside the box > Penalty awarded 100% of the time

Goes to VAR to check offside > Player was offside 100% of the time

Goes to VAR to check whether the foul was inside or just on the edge of the box > Just on the edge of the box 100% of the time

No point having VAR in the game if it's going to have the same result every time - doesn't add to the excitement/tension, as I know what the outcome is going to be. 

this certainly isn't the case, a rough estimate has the referee right in about 80% of cases in my game, which i imagine isn't far off real life

7 hours ago, craigcwwe said:

Yeah, the VAR never goes against the initial call in game which makes it an utterly useless feature in the game. 

As above, about 80% which i reckjon is realistic. You wouldn't expect 50/50 unless the referee was blind guessing 

14 minutes ago, jim owen said:

this certainly isn't the case, a rough estimate has the referee right in about 80% of cases in my game, which i imagine isn't far off real life

As above, about 80% which i reckjon is realistic. You wouldn't expect 50/50 unless the referee was blind guessing 

This is interesting. A few of you now say that it’s working as intended.

In my game it is literally, I’m not exaggerating, 100% the same outcome.

A pen shout? It’s a pen. An edge of the box pen shout? It’s a free kick. 

I absolutely don’t doubt you.

But why am I seeing it my way (for 6 whole seasons - from main game launch) and you’re seeing it, I can only presume, the way it would be intended by SI?

I only play a network game, if that makes any difference, with one other, and we both see it the same.

On 13/02/2020 at 20:37, sidslayer said:

This is interesting. A few of you now say that it’s working as intended.

In my game it is literally, I’m not exaggerating, 100% the same outcome.

A pen shout? It’s a pen. An edge of the box pen shout? It’s a free kick. 

I absolutely don’t doubt you.

But why am I seeing it my way (for 6 whole seasons - from main game launch) and you’re seeing it, I can only presume, the way it would be intended by SI?

I only play a network game, if that makes any difference, with one other, and we both see it the same.

Same for me it's always the same decisions being made for every situation.

It's mostly the same for me, but last season we had the VAR penalty decision turned down twice in the span of just a few games. Then it never happened again and was back to "normal" again. I thought they had somehow fixed it but nope.

I can live with it, but it does seem a pointless feature when it just removes everything that VAR is irl.

it has been the case since VAR was introduced in FM....i do not understand what is the point of having VAR in FM if the decision taken is always the same...i guess this issue will be solved before the end of the century