New owners randomly buying players

Having just been promoted to league 1 with scunthorpe I was allocated 60k transfer budget. The club was then bought over and the new owners bought Jordan Mcghee from dundee for 55k!

There was absolutely no way of cancelling this transfer either. I get that in the top leagues this may happen but very unrealistic in the lower leagues to blow the full transfer budget on 1 player.

Literally just came on here to complain about the same problem! Just won the PL, I have a transfer budget of about £60m and the board have made a collective bid of £150m for two players I don't want!

SI have messed about with something here. 

1 hour ago, HarrisFFC said:

I get that in the top leagues this may happen but very unrealistic in the lower leagues to blow the full transfer budget on 1 player.

As realistic as it may be, it stops being fun if I can't buy my own players. This has to be the most infuriating FM for many years (and I've played every one). 

2 minutes ago, MrBannystar said:

Literally just came on here to complain about the same problem! Just won the PL, I have a transfer budget of about £60m and the board have made a collective bid of £150m for two players I don't want!

SI have messed about with something here. 

As realistic as it may be, it stops being fun if I can't buy my own players. This has to be the most infuriating FM for many years (and I've played every one). 

Thank god someone agrees with me, seen a post from earlier in the year where people agreed its a good addition. For me that is nearly enough to put me of my save.

The new owners even offered a contract to someone I had planned to offer a pre-contract to... obviously offering a poor contract that the player declined allowing another team to swoop in.

I'm pretty sure in real life the owners would at least ask the manager what his opinion is of a transfer, I know that some managers don't have a say in the matter but cmon I'm managing a league 1 side and there is no chance that would happen :lol: 

I saw the same post as you (probably) and it's ridiculous. Why on earth can't SI give players a choice? Same with the stupid Brexit feature that they forced on us a couple of games ago. If the budget stays the same and they pay for it in other ways then I guess it'll be less of a problem and I can either sell them on or leave them in the U23 team. 

2 minutes ago, Carambau said:

Never happened to me and I´m playing CM/FM since the very first Championship manager... sounds interesting to me though, giving a nice twist to a save

Sure, sounds interesting for some and I fully understand why some would enjoy this feature. But I get more satisfaction out of buying my own players and seeing them thrive. I'm gonna experiment and try moving the players to other clubs with the editor and see if they try buying more. 

3 minutes ago, MrBannystar said:

I saw the same post as you (probably) and it's ridiculous. Why on earth can't SI give players a choice? Same with the stupid Brexit feature that they forced on us a couple of games ago. If the budget stays the same and they pay for it in other ways then I guess it'll be less of a problem and I can either sell them on or leave them in the U23 team. 

Sure, sounds interesting for some and I fully understand why some would enjoy this feature. But I get more satisfaction out of buying my own players and seeing them thrive. I'm gonna experiment and try moving the players to other clubs with the editor and see if they try buying more. 

Yeah I get that it can be a good twist for some, in my case though it was kind of just annoying because the player signed is going to be my 4/5th choice Centre back and cost me more than anyone else in my squad and I usually keep my transfer budget for agent fees etc because money is tight in the lower leagues. Hope it doesn't happen again lol!

Had this happen once whilst playing in Wales - new board took over and immediately signed two players. One of the players was from one of my former clubs (unsure if this was just coincidence or linked to my knowledge of the player) whilst the other one was an 18 yr old Nigerian GK playing in Italy who failed his work permit application and appeal but was signed anyway! 

I think as a feature it isn't awful, as I can imagine a few owners buying players over a manager's head in real life(as a West Ham fan I know our owners love doing this), but I think it clearly needs work. 

The idea of a chairman giving the manager a budget to spend and then spending the whole thing himself is just plain strange. 

My new owners just spend the entire transfer budget on a central mid I didn't need. When he signed, the board rated this signing a 'B' - they didn't even rate their own signing high enough. 

At least IRL managers can remonstrate or give their reasons why it shouldn't happen. 

Thank Christ for the editor as I can move him back and pretend it didn't happen. The other player they tried to sign rejected the contract. Thanks a lot, SI. Really bang up job. 

At least we don't have to suffer alone! Who on earth decided that this was acceptable to force upon us without giving us the option of at least protesting the transfer? 

The feature is even worse as it seems every board are paying over the odds for players that no-one needs. At least IRL owners can be a bit more discerning about what they might actually need!

1 hour ago, wattzy said:

Had this happen once whilst playing in Wales - new board took over and immediately signed two players. One of the players was from one of my former clubs (unsure if this was just coincidence or linked to my knowledge of the player) whilst the other one was an 18 yr old Nigerian GK playing in Italy who failed his work permit application and appeal but was signed anyway! 

I think as a feature it isn't awful, as I can imagine a few owners buying players over a manager's head in real life(as a West Ham fan I know our owners love doing this), but I think it clearly needs work. 

The idea of a chairman giving the manager a budget to spend and then spending the whole thing himself is just plain strange. 

Agreed. It could be a good addition but signing random players in already filled positions isn't fun, totally understand why it was implemented as you said west ham is a good example... but in your case and my case a lesser team spending the full budget is just kinda never going to happen.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, MrBannystar said:

At least we don't have to suffer alone! Who on earth decided that this was acceptable to force upon us without giving us the option of at least protesting the transfer? 

The feature is even worse as it seems every board are paying over the odds for players that no-one needs. At least IRL owners can be a bit more discerning about what they might actually need!

I've edited your post to remove something written which bypassed the swear filter. Please remember this is a family forum! :) 

Had a perfect season in domestic league through the new year, cruising to knockout rounds in CL, on course to win domestic cup when new ownership comes in.

Before the takeover one of the new owners promised to buy players and sack me. Buys two new players, offers me a decent raise but I'm still pissed about new players and the promise of firing me. Delegate everything I can to board members and vacation in between CL games. 

Out of champions league and domestic cup, perfect/historic season is no longer possible

To be fair, there was no way I was going to end the domestic season perfect and CL was always a toss up and I did want to move on to new challenges,....just glad I could blame it all on the new owners!