Poor Chance Creation

Hello all,

I'm playing as atlanta united and having a lot of difficulty scoring goals outside of setpieces.  

20200211180107_1.thumb.jpg.6208ef0b8335f06a7278496bb9816b84.jpg20200211180101_1.thumb.jpg.7fc16715e8c05d0798d1c3c4e06ca1be.jpg

I've used both of these formations before and general role setup but I haven't really had this much difficulty with chance creation.  The team morale is a bit low and we don't have much momentum but I'm never really sure how much that influence that has.  We've played teams top of the league and some lower ones.  The problems seem to be consistent with a lot of lost possession and if I lower the mentality down to defensive to retain possession we don't seem to have the tempo to make quality chances.  i'm wondering if I need to change some roles or if I just need to use some more aggressive team instructions.

I've tried positive and balanced.  On positive we seem to give the ball away too much and when I watch on full the players seem to get caught with the ball and won't pass.  Balanced isn't too bad.  It seems to work okay depending on the opposition but we get caught out by long balls some games.

I think with the pace of Josef and my wingers that playing a counter game would suit them.  We've got some tall defenders too to sit back and head out crosses.  I'm not sure how well it will work though since the club has a good rep and a lot of teams seem to shell up against us.

Edited by Suosale

3 hours ago, Suosale said:

I think with the pace of Josef and my wingers that playing a counter game would suit them.  We've got some tall defenders too to sit back and head out crosses.  I'm not sure how well it will work though since the club has a good rep and a lot of teams seem to shell up against us.

i was analyzing your players here and based on what I saw, I got some basic idea as to how the roles and duties could be set up in a 4123 wide for the starting 11 from your screenshot (forget about 4231 - you don't have players for such a system). 

So here is how I would most likely arrange these 11 guys:

PFat

IWat                                 Wsu

CAR      MEZat

Ade

WBsu   CDde  NCBde   FBsu

GKde

Glad would be the NCB,

Kitchen the anchor, 

Remedy carrilero

and Nagbe mezzala.

Start with no instructions (as you already do), but switch the mentality from cautious to balanced.

Then watch the match carefully and make tweaks gradually (one by one) based on what you observe on the pitch, but only if/when it's really necessary.

If there are still problems, report back for further suggestions :thup: