Sports Interactive Community
jon_mesher

Players never going on end of season holiday

Summary: I've only just noticed but my players are training right through the English summer, never go on holiday and I don't get questions about pre-season start date. Been going on 2-3 seasons.

Description of Issue: I am playing as Haringey in the English leagues and at some point the post-season automatic holiday seems to have broken and never kicks in, players train all through the summer and complain about the lack of training if I put in rest to compensate. I have had 2 seasons in League 2 where this has happened, now promoted to League 1 (currently in May 2024) and again there is no holiday. Not a game breaker but doesn't seem right. League seasons are also getting very condensed and ending in mid-April.

Steps to Reproduce: You will see in the included save game that the players should be on holiday but aren't, and there is no holiday scheduled in the calendar. Indeed in mid-May they have just been sent on a random training camp which wasn't even notified to me!

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud: Haringey Orig PO.fm

1 hour ago, jon_mesher said:

Summary: I've only just noticed but my players are training right through the English summer, never go on holiday and I don't get questions about pre-season start date. Been going on 2-3 seasons.

Description of Issue: I am playing as Haringey in the English leagues and at some point the post-season automatic holiday seems to have broken and never kicks in, players train all through the summer and complain about the lack of training if I put in rest to compensate. I have had 2 seasons in League 2 where this has happened, now promoted to League 1 (currently in May 2024) and again there is no holiday. Not a game breaker but doesn't seem right. League seasons are also getting very condensed and ending in mid-April.

Steps to Reproduce: You will see in the included save game that the players should be on holiday but aren't, and there is no holiday scheduled in the calendar. Indeed in mid-May they have just been sent on a random training camp which wasn't even notified to me!

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud: Haringey Orig PO.fm

Same here, just notice this myself.

Hi @jon_mesher, thanks for raising this.

Seems like something has gone wrong with the "End of Season date", which may have been changed by editor files.

@Vinnyvagus77, would this explanation also apply to you? 

I'll get it logged for our Dev team to look at, but a save game from just before your final game of the season may be helpful here, so if you do have one could you upload that too, please?

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi Andrew, thanks for the response. I have never had the inclination to do anything with the editor so I don't think that explains it. That said, the only thing I remember doing back in November is applying the sortitoutsi fake names fix file, so I guess it could have been that at a push.

I have a save game from the day the regular season finishes - 27 April 2024 - but before I am due to be in the play-offs. Filename is Haringey Orig.fm...hope this helps!

Thanks for the info on this. Looks like it's something going wrong with end of season date once final game is completed. Should be fixed in next update.

Is there any update in this issue?

I'm still experiencing this bug as of the 20.4.0 update, even after a clean install of the game and starting a new save post update.

Hi @brayden

Who are you managing? It's possible your example is being caused by something different to what we've investigated so far. If you have a save game from just before last game of the season could you upload it for us to have a look at please?

Cheers,

Andrew

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Andrew James said:

Hi @brayden

Who are you managing? It's possible your example is being caused by something different to what we've investigated so far. If you have a save game from just before last game of the season could you upload it for us to have a look at please?

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi @Andrew James

Managed to 'fix' it on my end, seems that the initial problem got fixed with the patch but I didn't realise as you need to be managing a club to see if players are on holiday or not, they won't show on holidays if you an unemployed.

Edited by brayden

Posted (edited)

I have this problem too with my save. I'm managing with Maritimo in Portugal. End of the first season and it shows in the training screen "squad end of season break" but the break never comes and just goes onto the next day. Training shows rest. Now the players are getting upset there is no training.

Please can it be fixed??

Edited by hehehemann

On 21/04/2020 at 01:50, hehehemann said:

I have this problem too with my save. I'm managing with Maritimo in Portugal. End of the first season and it shows in the training screen "squad end of season break" but the break never comes and just goes onto the next day. Training shows rest. Now the players are getting upset there is no training.

Please can it be fixed??

Hey @hehehemann - Do you have a save game just before the last match of the season? Cheers. 

On 23/04/2020 at 09:31, Christopher Lewis said:

Hey @hehehemann - Do you have a save game just before the last match of the season? Cheers. 

I dont have a copy from then. I didnt notice the error until June of 2020 in game and wondered why the squad was starting to complain.

On 25/04/2020 at 17:59, hehehemann said:

I dont have a copy from then. I didnt notice the error until June of 2020 in game and wondered why the squad was starting to complain.

Thanks for the info. I'll try to reproduce this.