Sports Interactive Community
Hav3n_The_Hero

I'm struggling to score goals with my tactic

1 hour ago, Hav3n_The_Hero said:

image.thumb.png.6e8b7bdeb1c373b2b8aa4d6b7e73e10f.png

The overlap left coupled with a fullback on attack duty is a bit too adventurous (risky), especially for a team in a Vanarama-level league. 

The same goes for having both fullbacks on attack duties, and even more so when even the DM is not on defend duty but on support. Plus the MCR is also on attack duty.

Work ball into box is also an instruction that players in lower league could well struggle to execute properly due to the lack of skill and quality - and btw could also be one of potential reasons why you are struggling to score (because it can overcomplicate the play in the final third).

17 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

The overlap left coupled with a fullback on attack duty is a bit too adventurous (risky), especially for a team in a Vanarama-level league. 

The same goes for having both fullbacks on attack duties, and even more so when even the DM is not on defend duty but on support. Plus the MCR is also on attack duty.

Work ball into box is also an instruction that players in lower league could well struggle to execute properly due to the lack of skill and quality - and btw could also be one of potential reasons why you are struggling to score (because it can overcomplicate the play in the final third).

I initially tried the tactic without the "work the ball into the box" but the players would shoot really often from outside the box, without any particularly good accuracy.

I honestly wasn't as concerned about the risk as much as I was concerned that I can't score, but I will give it a try.

So funny result, we won the next on some errors on the other team( still no clear cut chances). 

We received 3 straight injuries at the AML, and AMR positions. The players were completely fresh too. They are out 2 months, 3 months, 7 months. The last one is my star player.

So I initially changed based on your recommendations to have no work into the box. I changed the DM to stay on defense. I changed to have no overlap for fullbacks.

It did not help immediately. 

But I believe two instructions have the biggest impact. Andthat is:

line of engagement

Focus distribution on flanks or on playmakers in the middle of the pitch.

Im not sure why this is any thoughts.

49 minutes ago, Hav3n_The_Hero said:

So I initially changed based on your recommendations to have no work into the box. I changed the DM to stay on defense. I changed to have no overlap for fullbacks.

It did not help immediately. 

But I believe two instructions have the biggest impact. Andthat is:

line of engagement

Focus distribution on flanks or on playmakers in the middle of the pitch.

Im not sure why this is any thoughts.

Please post a screenshot of that new (modified) tactic, because I am really finding it difficult to figure out what exactly you are referring to.