Board blocking every transfer?

I am playing as Roma and for no real reason one of the club philosophies is sign players from Brazil, I don't remember Roma as having signed more players from Brazil than anybody else but whatever. Given that in Serie A you can only sign one non EU player from outside of Italy per season this is difficult anyway. I have finished the first season and finished 3rd which was above the Europa League qualification objective and now in the summer my board is blocking every single transfer because they are not happy that I haven't signed anyone from Brazil, literally every deal blocked. If I talk to the board it's always the same answer, unless I sign someone from Brazil I can't sign a single player. I might sign someone from Brazil if they gave me some money but despite making a £10m profit in transfers last season and reducing the wage bill and qualifying for the Champions League as well they gave me a whole £3m to spend

Anyway the blocking of all transfers is obviously incredibly silly and has completely ruined the save, anyone else had this?