Struggling to get striker involved

Garcia.thumb.png.5377981dfcaba353ea47f139e7be0b58.png1182131317_4-1-2-310_02_20.thumb.png.e9afb8cc32ee9acbecebf445afda3bb3.png

My strikers are struggling to get involved with the play. I have been trying with DLF (A/S) but to no avail my strikers are averaging less than 10 passes recevied a game. this includes throw ins, open play roughly 5 passes received a game.

This is a big problem as I want my strikers linking play together.

Any help would be appreciated.

3 minutes ago, maundojako said:

Garcia.thumb.png.5377981dfcaba353ea47f139e7be0b58.png1182131317_4-1-2-310_02_20.thumb.png.e9afb8cc32ee9acbecebf445afda3bb3.png

My strikers are struggling to get involved with the play. I have been trying with DLF (A/S) but to no avail my strikers are averaging less than 10 passes recevied a game. this includes throw ins, open play roughly 5 passes received a game.

This is a big problem as I want my strikers linking play together.

Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure about how you should change your tactic but I have been finding that your striker gets more scoring opportunities since the latest patch by using a higher tempo and hit early crosses. Wing play is sort of OP for me.

3 hours ago, maundojako said:

1182131317_4-1-2-310_02_20.thumb.png.e9afb8cc32ee9acbecebf445afda3bb3.png

I am not 100% sure if that's the exact reason for your striker's underperformance, but I see that both your setup of roles/duties and your in-possession instructions are possession-oriented, while at the same time playing with the lower LOE. Which combined does not make much sense. Decide what type/style of football you want to play in the first place.

Btw, is your striker the only problem, or your tactic as  a whole is not working? I am asking because I see you are 4th in the EPL with Fleetwood

3 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Btw, is your striker the only problem, or your tactic as  a whole is not working? I am asking because I see you are 4th in the EPL with Fleetwood

I was going to comment the same thing and its only 2024 in your game. Thats some incredible success. Hes also got 4 goals in 8 games...seems ok to me?

Was he scoring before the last update? I assume so as you have powered up from league one to 4th in the Premier league in 4 seasons.

If I was to guess, hes having a spacing issue upfront. I would also predict hes going to be 3rd on the goal charts behind your wide players in this set up, the IF is probably getting all the goals? if so thats ok. Hes doing his job.

19 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

I am not 100% sure if that's the exact reason for your striker's underperformance, but I see that both your setup of roles/duties and your in-possession instructions are possession-oriented, while at the same time playing with the lower LOE. Which combined does not make much sense. Decide what type/style of football you want to play in the first place.

Been messing around with the LOE, usually play with higher defensive line and standard LOE. 

Over the weekend I have had more success with my striker, he is now playing as a f9 which I think works better. His touches on the ball has doubled and the side creates more chances

As a whole, my tactic was good, I was just struggling to create chances which I pinpointed to my striker's role. At the time of the screenshot I was 4-5 games, all against fairly weaker opposition, hence why I was worried with my striker. 

2 minutes ago, maundojako said:

Over the weekend I have had more success with my striker, he is now playing as a f9 which I think works better. His touches on the ball has doubled and the side creates more chances

Makes sense, given that F9 is a more mobile role than DLF. 

15 hours ago, Kingofcm03 said:

I was going to comment the same thing and its only 2024 in your game. Thats some incredible success. Hes also got 4 goals in 8 games...seems ok to me?

Was he scoring before the last update? I assume so as you have powered up from league one to 4th in the Premier league in 4 seasons.

If I was to guess, hes having a spacing issue upfront. I would also predict hes going to be 3rd on the goal charts behind your wide players in this set up, the IF is probably getting all the goals? if so thats ok. Hes doing his job.

Prior to the update he had scored something like 10 goals in 20 games which is more than fine. At the time of this screenshot he had 3 games of nothingness and then a random hattrick against a poor side. Going a few games without a goal is fine but he hadn't been part of any chances created, either in the build up or in the end. 

Since the screenshot I have changed him to a f9, which is working far better. 

You're right to spot about my wingers being goal threats which is what I have designed my system to create.