Sports Interactive Community

Has your keeper on FM 20 ever scored higher than a 6.9? I’ve had several games where my keepers made a string of outstanding saves, but never seems to be able to score a 7 or higher 

Yes, a few times he has been in the 7s for me.

My Gk once got an 8.1 match rating in a game where he saved 15 shots, including a penalty, where we had 3 red cards and still won 1-0 away from home! :lol:

20200210212237_1.jpg

20200125112835_1.jpg

This is an area of the game  where there have been problems for a while and the GK rating often doesn't reflect his impact on the game, especially if he has a string of outstanding saves.

I don't want to brag, but my goalie has rated over 7 for a season twice in his career.

PM if you need any tips fam

Screenshot 2020-02-09 at 13.13.24.png

Edited by Grifty

In a previous FM version, I played our amateur feeder club in a pre season friendly, the team won 17-0, the opposition didnt have an attempt at goal at all and my keeper got a rating of over 9 along with all the others!

I've had David DeGea win POM once. And deservedly.  But generally, yes, the ratings are depressed. More notably though, a keeper who performs heroics in a penalty shootout never gets a cherry on top. If missing a penalty can depress ratings unrealistically, then saving one in the 90 mins or in a shootout deserves a big uptick.

I think GK rating is the problem for only the player, while the AI has no problem with it

take a look at Ederson, when he was Man City the guy had great average rating, when i bought him to Inter his rating took a huge dip (<7.0), right after i left Inter in 2024/2025 season, Ederson average rating saw an amazing leap again, currently at 7.51

Ederson.jpg

Edited by quanhanh

On 11/02/2020 at 22:08, FrazT said:

This is an area of the game  where there have been problems for a while and the GK rating often doesn't reflect his impact on the game, especially if he has a string of outstanding saves.

Mind, parts of the conservative Approach are to the keeper ratings is a good thing tho. Else you'd have GKs being payer of the week for teams sitting deep and soaking up shots all the time. In the majority of cases, this will be exclusively AI Teams, as FM Players simply don't pay that kinda way. Quite the contrary, oft they don't face that many shots to begin with due to inherently aggressive attacking tactics. So their keeper makes less saves, and sees lesser Ratings... (see post above).

One of the key bits is that SI may also hold a different view over what an "outstanding save" is. It's well recorded that PaulC as the main coder used to see the keeper usually in an edge over the forward to begin with, and rightly so. This included scenarios considered "Sitters" by FM's user base.

However, forwards are getting rating bumps simply for scoring too (no matter the difficulty) so...

Goals/Saves in themselves are overrated. :D 

Edited by Svenc

- From the feedback thread -

GK ratings have been an issue for a long time but in my experience it's the worst it's ever been now.
The following short post are the 2 best GKs in the Slovenian top division, the last completed season.
Overall they're barely over a 6.50 rating. And that's a GK that has set a new record in clean sheets for the league and
my GK who's conceded the 2nd least amount of goals, setting a new club record along with it.
Ratings does not reflect performance at all. One thing that will have the ratings go up is a penalty save.
Just as the ratings for a goalscorer will be massively inflated/deflated if he scores/misses a penalty.

It's completely off.....unless (not limited to) you win big, by at least a 3-goal margin.

Edited by roykela

I think the problems are related to game stats - if you have you GK set to distribute the ball long then his pass completion stats will be low and bring down his match rating.

Same problem I've had for my striker - can have 10 passes/9 complete, 5 shots/4 on target but then headers attempted 12/3 completed and gets a 6.3 rating!