Sports Interactive Community
avto

Game stops loading at the loading_vait.ogv screen

1) Yesterday evening I created new game, played few in-game days, everything worked perfect. I saved and left the game.

2) Accidentally I ran the game again, clicking it at the taskbar. As I didn't need it - tried to close it immediately, before the game loaded. First - right-clicking and choosing "close the window", as it didn't work - directly from the Task Manager. Never had any problem with that in the past.

3) I found a new interesting data add-on to test. I've put the file in the editor data, then tried to start the game. No way.

4) The game starts as usual, but when it reaches the loading_wait screen, it stops. The white circle rotates infinitely. I also get two sound signals, similar as with some error message. But no window with error info opens. Nothing more is done in the game, the main screen doesn't load.

What I've tried:

- removing the new add-on file. Nothing changed (and I haven't expected, as erroneus add-ons usually give problems at later stages, when the save is being created)

- verifying the files through the Steam - it resulted with some actualisation of 40 MB, as a result - nothing has changed.

- removing the game and reinstalling it. Nothing has changed, the problem still appears.

Only idea I have more is to reinstall it in a different folder.

Disk format is not considered as a solution.

Any ideas what could go wrong, and how could I solve the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Can you try deleting both these cache folders (and preferences) and see if it helps?

Sounds like the game needs a soft reboot.

Thanks, it hasn't helped. But in the folder I've found log files, I suppose they might be useful.

logi.rar

Are you using any custom graphics? If so can you remove them from your Sports Interactive folder, please?

5 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Are you using any custom graphics? If so can you remove them from your Sports Interactive folder, please?

Thank You for the idea.

Yes, I use custom graphics. Facepack from Sortitout and logopack from TCM. Worked perfect before the issue happened, no changes in them had been made.

After removing from Sports Interactive folder, the problem still persists.

Can you try uninstalling the game and manually removing everything from these locations (would suggest backing up any saves first):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2020 - you can remove this completely without issue
C:\Users\Your Windows Username\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020 - if you have any saves in your cloud -> games folder back these up first
C:\Users\Your Windows Username\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020 - again backup any files in your games folder

Once these are all gone, uninstall and reinstall Steam as instructed here (pay particular attention to how to backup any other games if you have them installed via Steam via the 'Important!; section) - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9609-OBMP-2526

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

11 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Can you try uninstalling the game and manually removing everything from these locations (would suggest backing up any saves first):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2020 - you can remove this completely without issue
C:\Users\Your Windows Username\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020 - if you have any saves in your cloud -> games folder back these up first
C:\Users\Your Windows Username\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020 - again backup any files in your games folder

Once these are all gone, uninstall and reinstall Steam as instructed here (pay particular attention to how to backup any other games if you have them installed via Steam via the 'Important!; section) - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9609-OBMP-2526

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

OK, seems that helped, at least for now. During the weekend I'll test, how will it survive creating a new game and saving it ;)

Okay, let us know how you get on over the weekend, please. Thanks.