The Official Nordic Talent Collective FM20

Hoarau

• 3 months later...

Thinking about picking a second division team and try to get them play Champions League Football.

My two ideas are IBK Keflavik from Iceland or Vejle BK from Denmark because they both are from second division and both with Great Trainning and Youth Facilities. Personally thinking going iceland for the first time but i know the other league probably make better talents and better regens... Any tips?

• 4 weeks later...

Going in a slightly different direction, I thought I would mention a couple of frees who absolutely did the job for me.

Started with FC St. Pauli and my most creative player had his head turned by Southampton straight away, so while he moaned I needed some spark from midfield. Cue Morten Gamst Pedersen. Immobile, but when pressing the opposition back he just slings passes out from DLPd, and turns set pieces up to 11.

Speaking of set pieces, I wanted to try a double striker system but both my big men were out on long term injuries. Free market again: Philip Haglund, who has rubbish finishing but ended up as my top goalscorer via point blank blasts and tons of headers. Bullied defenders up and down the 2. BuLi, and was awesome in building up play. Great personality although not as good of a mentor as MGP, but can also play as a midfielder for added utility!

MGP left after a season and Haglund is now a reserve (I'm actually leading the BuLi now, having gotten promoted in the first season) but they got me through those early bumps in the road.

• 8 months later...