Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
anagain

Issue with Code of Conduct vs appealing against sending off

I found this issue a bit bizarre.

My player was sent off in a match via a straight red. I wqas told afterwards that the sending off could be considered unfair and so I appealed.

At the time of being told it was unfair I was also informed that I could fine the player but that he would be upset. I was not told that the code of conduct had isued a fine or a warning.

Skipping forward, shortly afterwards I was told that the appeal had not been successful and the player would have a one match ban. Then, a day after that I got a message to say that the player in question accepted his fine. It says for his dismissal.

My CoC states a warning for the first sending off (2 yellows or 1 red) and then a 1 day fine for the second 2 yellow or a weeks fine for the second straight red. This is only the player's first red. The only other way he could get a fine is to miss training or go awol, or be banned 3 times for bookings. The message did say dismissal, but accoriding to my CoC I don't fine for first.

The player is extremely happy.

I'm not sure what saves to provide for this so I'll add a couple.

The first save is anagain_olopade_beforefine.fm and should be November 6th which was the day I got the appeal unsuccessful mail.

The second save is saved after he got fined and is anagain_olopade_fined.fm

The player's name is Denzelle Olopade.

I hope this helps. It all seems a bit odd and I'm sure you at SI have tools to see what happened to a player and why he was fined.

The saves took absolutely ages to upload, even though it said a few seconds. I hope they uploaded ok. I guess my save is pretty big.

It just occured to me that you might want a save before the match he got sent off in - I'm sure you will want to try and rteproduce it by sending him off and seeing what happens.

Uploading anagain_olopade_beforeSO.fm

Edited by anagain

Hi @anagain, do you perhaps have a save just before the appeal is made? I have raised this with the coders though as this does not look right. Thanks for raising this.

@Rob HeckmanI'm afraid the three saves I uploaded are all I have. I run a 10 rolling weekly save but they just happened to fall at the wrong times. I thought it was lucky I got the save just before the fine. The anagain_olopade_beforefine.fm file is my weekly auto save as is anagain_olopade_beforeSO.fm.

Sorry. Everything seemed fine until the fine happened so I just let the game run and save as normal. 

I've had a couple of sendings off since the patch went live, so there is every chance someone will get sent off again. If anything happens I'll update.

I have to say that I don't recall having been asked to designate a Code Of Conduct for a couple of seasons now. I'm playing a save that I started early in beta. I don't know if that matters particularly, but I do vaguely recall seeing a bug report or feedback post recently where someone said they weren't getting the option to do a Code Of Conduct. Could there be a connection?

Could the match pkm help so you can see why he was sent off?

I'm afraid it's the only other thing I can provide. I hope you can find a way to reproduce it.

Hi @anagain, thanks for the information. A pkm won't be necessary however we are looking into the code of conduct not getting sent at the start of pre-season.