• FM13
    • FM14
    • FM15
    • FM16
    • FM17
    • FM18
    • FM19
    • FM20
  2. 2. How many FM games (from the list above) have you played?

• 0 (poor people...)
    • 10+

FM17 was my favourite but FM20 is catching up fast . I guess its what you get out of them though . I love doing edited leagues and 3D and 2D kits so FM20 is really good for that but I still think for all it offers that FM17 gives me the most satisfaction as an all round game 

6 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

FM20 has knocked every other version out the park. 

FM17 is the only one that comes close. 

that's recency bias....last year was it fm19 that won the poll yet see where it's featuring in this one. when the dust settles it seems fm17 will be the non recency biased winner...there's plenty to take away from that

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

No it isn't, FM20 is the best in the series, hands down. 

yeah that's your opinion...the poll is fav game...the polls each year generally though not exclusively churn out the current game as the winner of those polls and then the years after the those same versions poll very differently...fm19 being a prime example of that. That's recency bias...whether you acknowledge or accept that or not is completely irrelevant...it's still recency bias

This poll is looking for everybody's favourite FM, not the version of FM they believe is the best. Saying that FM17 is your favourite version is VERY different to saying that FM17 is the best version (which I believe is best discussed elsewhere).

For what it's worth, FM13 was my favourite version (over 4,000 hours played) but FM19 was the best version in my opinion (I played the FM20 demo but... I just didn't think the ME was all that).

i just have not got the memory to remember each game i would have to go and watch a ten minute clip of each year, i reckon fm05 though because after the big split and break up with cm i thought it was the end so i was so happy when fm05 finally came out.

3 minutes ago, akkm said:

yeah that's your opinion...the poll is fav game...the polls each year generally though not exclusively churn out the current game as the winner of those polls and then the years after the those same versions poll very differently...fm19 being a prime example of that. That's recency bias...whether you acknowledge or accept that or not is completely irrelevant...it's still recency bias

That is also your opinion. In my opinion FM17 is worse than FM18,FM19 and FM20. My experience is that the game gets better every year and I have never had the urge to go back to an older version... 

that’s not bias, but my experience and my opinion. Its no less valid or more valid than your view that FM17 is the best. We are two different people who like different things.

the fact that the most recent wins each year could simply be the fact the game IS getting better each year in most people’s opinions. Therefore the spikes are around this that have a different favourite. It makes the results no less valid as this is a subjective poll.

1 minute ago, GuitarMan said:

That is also your opinion. In my opinion FM17 is worse than FM18,FM19 and FM20. My experience is that the game gets better every year and I have never had the urge to go back to an older version... 

that’s not bias, but my experience and my opinion. Its no less valid or more valid than your view that FM17 is the best. We are two different people who like different things.

the fact that the most recent wins each year could simply be the fact the game IS getting better each year in most people’s opinions. Therefore the spikes are around this that have a different favourite. It makes the results no less valid as this is a subjective poll.

actually it's not my opinion at all...my point which you've misunderstood spectacularly is beyond contestation...i haven't expressed an opinion anywhere above...merely how recency bias drives the polls here...everything i said is factual

Nowhere did I suggest fm17 was the best rather that fm17 when the dust settles will likely be the non recency bias winner of the poll...it may be fm12 either...we will see

Google how recency bias works. Last year fm19 won the polls. the poll here so far has just 4% of the poll...so last year it won then down to 4pc. Each year the winner of these polls is generally it's current or the most recent at that point in time version...then as the years pass by the version settle down and lose appeal. Were Fm19 as good as last year's poll suggested then it couldn't possibly crash so low...it should really be polling second then...especially given your own logic of how you rate them that the game gets better every year. 

The thing is yeah its a poll and it's subjective and exposed to how people view it and feel about it years after but the trend of the polls is that the most recent one wins it...were the polls to follow your logic of each version is better than the previous one and the voters vote accordingly then that would be reflected in most recent one highest rating, second place previous one, third place one two years prior and so on...thats not happening but that can be influenced by subjectivity of course. However the way the winner of the previous year can tank in the polls the following year suggests recency bias is the primary driver of the poll at the current point in time...any other conclusion given the historic trend of these polls is actually expressing an opinion where bias overrides logic. It can actually happen that on occasion the actual current version IS the best but as said the trend of the polls is that a winner one year can crash the following year so recency bias is the driver.

anyway this poll is favourite as i alluded to above...not even the best.

just correcting you on not being my opinion and explaining how recency bias drives these polls...the evidence back that up

Just on fm20 as it happens everything bar the match engine is in my opinion the best i've seen it...so agree on that. However the match engine as a simulation is so weak it detracts significantly from this year to the point i just won't play it...so it simply isn't the best overall...if you want me to back that up can of course do so lol

Fm17 for me is by far the best. This years so far is an abomination which is completely down to the shocking state of the ME, although I should say as yet I haven't had the chance to try the new patch will hopefully makes the game playable and enjoyable.

22 hours ago, akkm said:

that's recency bias....last year was it fm19 that won the poll yet see where it's featuring in this one. when the dust settles it seems fm17 will be the non recency biased winner...there's plenty to take away from that

Nope, could be only that people that were finding fm19 to be the best, now find fm20 to be the best, and since there is only one option to vote, fm19 is so low in the polls.

Fm 12 as the rock solid first place for me, i couldn't believe how pretty the goals were when i played it, then fm 18 and fm 13 somewhere behind, pretty equal and enjoyable. As for Fm20, all i can say is that i hope for a complete new ME made for fm21

A poll might be more accurate if the current game was not mentioned as it always will poll well . If FM20 wasnt mentioned it would be interesting to see how FM19 would poll .  As when next year FM21 wasn't mentioned would FM20 poll as well as it has this time ? 

I like the new one but I enjoyed the old ridiculous wonderkid system too :lol: Less is more though I suppose, now it feels pretty good to actually get a player to reach his potential rather than selling anyone above the age of 23 (although this is just one of my bad habits :cool:).