Sports Interactive Community
Weller1980

ME2039 central play and through balls

Are there any plans to improve goal variety, goals are pretty much only scored from crosses, set pieces, and long shots, why after so many months do we still have a lack of goals created from through balls? This has been a big problem since FM19 and has been highlighted as issue in so many threads.

I get a pretty large amount of goals from through balls, but I tend to play a narrow 4-4-2 with a playmaker on the wing and a DLF.  WP and DLF my typical assist men.  I get around 30-40% of my goals from through balls.

I hate to be an "it's your tactics" guy but I've played a 4-2-3-1 with Bilbao for 3 seasons now and I've had my AMC finish with 20+ assists from through balls each year. I'm seeing a healthy proportion of my goals from through balls.   

Your wrong I'm afraid. I've not even played a single game, my obersavtions have come from watching ai vs ai games. Out of watching at least 30 games I've seen one goal from a through ball.

Devs am I wrong?

can you share your tactics because my AMC seems to not be able to assist that much at all, most of my assists come from my WB and CM

10 hours ago, ben carter said:

I hate to be an "it's your tactics" guy but I've played a 4-2-3-1 with Bilbao for 3 seasons now and I've had my AMC finish with 20+ assists from through balls each year. I'm seeing a healthy proportion of my goals from through balls.   

can you share your tactics because my AMC seems to not be able to assist that much at all, most of my assists come from my WB and CM

Guys- if you want to have a tactics discussion by all means do so, but not here please.

Hi guys,

As @FrazT said, to keep these threads easy to follow and direct to a specific issue, we need to keep this bugs only.

We strive to provide a fair variety of goals and approach play, if you feel this isn't the case, please state the specific bug and attach a PKM & times of the incidents so that we can effectively investigate.

Thanks,

Josh

13 hours ago, Weller1980 said:

Your wrong I'm afraid. I've not even played a single game, my obersavtions have come from watching ai vs ai games. Out of watching at least 30 games I've seen one goal from a through ball.

Devs am I wrong?

I will refrain from making this a tactic debate as requested but suffice to say this is a breakdown of my last season. Plenty of play through the middle and through balls. 

vTnChSe.jpg

vor 15 Stunden schrieb ben carter:

I will refrain from making this a tactic debate as requested but suffice to say this is a breakdown of my last season. Plenty of play through the middle and through balls. 

vTnChSe.jpg

you defintely play counter attacking football, you cant play trough the middle if you cant stretch the defense which the me is not able to do properly 

If people aren't going to upload PKMs and timecodes, then this thread will be closed. This is not what bugs threads are for, thanks

3 hours ago, thejay said:

you defintely play counter attacking football, you cant play trough the middle if you cant stretch the defense which the me is not able to do properly 

Averaging 59% possession? I'm really not. 

ouIDScO.jpg

If you think there's an issue post PKMs and timecodes as requested. 

vor 8 Minuten schrieb ben carter:

Averaging 59% possession? I'm really not. 

ouIDScO.jpg

If you think there's an issue post PKMs and timecodes as requested. 

Are you a mod? 

Please share your tactics because I cant see how this is possible in this match engine with how narrow the ai defends.

How do you stretch the ai defense?